Monster Jam God Bless the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

myspace_monsters

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooo, not the package that plays with that infernal Lee Greenwood song!!!!! God, I hate that song. I am so sick of hearing it. Several times every weekend for three months strait. It makes me think Lee funded the attack on Sept. 11, so that he could get a second chance at a career.

T

Thunder Chicken

Bravo good man. At least you're being honest. Nobody speaks out against that song. I'm not oppose to it, but I too am tired of hearing it EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE.

MonsterStyleCom

It's an amazing song, and I am very honored to to know that those who serve our country are saluted every weekend across the country. Monster Jam is a family event, and nearly every family event from baseball to horse racing all play the Star Spangled Banner and/or Lee Greenwood. It's patriotic, and something every American should be proud of. Don't like it, get the f!ck out of here.

BoltThrower

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Noooooo, not the package that plays with that infernal Lee Greenwood song!!!!! God, I hate that song. I am so sick of hearing it. Several times every weekend for three months strait. It makes me think Lee funded the attack on Sept. 11, so that he could get a second chance at a career.
That song almost brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it, and thats pretty much every weekend.

I say dump the Star Spangled Banner and make this one the National Anthem. :D

bcwelder

during that part of the show ill get a single tear because it makes me think of 2 of my friends in the marines gettin ready to go to iraq knowin good and well theres a chance of not seeing them again

RyanRoberts

"I say dump the Star Spangled Banner and make this one the National Anthem. "

just messed with a great,great,great,great,great,great ... several more greats grandson of Francis Scott Key :) by saying that j/k

rns0504

As for the video sequence, I'd love a copy of it as well if anyone has it.

And for the song, I have absolutely no problem with it and love hearing it at the Monster Jam events. Reminds me of all the family members that i have who have fought for our countries freedom.

However, what PISSES me off is the morons who refuse to remove their hats for the National Anthem. Sure, I know its not a big deal but it irks the **** out of me. These people fought for YOUR freedom (and yes, I know its your freedom not to remove your cap), so show a little respect and take off the hat. Shawn said it best, if you don't like it, get the f!ck out of here!

Last edited by a moderator:

rns0504

You dont have to be patriotic, but taking off the cap isnt being patriotic, its being respectful.

Diggerdude

See, I'm one of those who doesn't take their hat off. I really don't think it has to do anything with respect. Many of my family members are in the Armed servises and I thank them for keeping this country safe. But I feel no need to take my hat off, I'll stand and alert the flag but thats as far as I go. I don't feel a need to be anymore patriotic then that. I'm not a patriotic person, ask anyone. What really gets to me is when people say GTFO of the country if you don't wanna stand up and take your hat off. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. If I didn't like this country my sorry butt wouldn't be here now would it?

Last edited:

Buckeye

I was impressed with the whole intro the first time I saw it, though it did get a bit old having to sit through it every single show. But of course 99% of the arena probably isn't going to be at every show a weekend for every event within a 300-mile radius. So I think it's a nice tribute that most casual fans would appreciate.

rns0504

Guess its that people are raised differently. I was raised to always treat the flag with the utmost respect and that removing your hat is absolutely required no matter what. Also, I grew up in very close contact with my uncle and he taught me all kinda of things like that, he's very patriotic and military oriented..... well, you saw his office at his house a few weeks ago, you know what I mean

maximumdestruction

"I say dump the Star Spangled Banner and make this one the National Anthem. "

just messed with a great,great,great,great,great,great ... several more greats grandson of Francis Scott Key :) by saying that j/k
Actually Key was my great great grandmother's brother and that is no joke. I love both songs but would say the Anthem is the best.

Someone being ignorant enough to say something against the opening tribute at the shows I cannot fathom. :mad: There is too much of a lack of respect in this country anymore but you'll pay the price for it someday. Problem is I may have to as well.

Ryan, people are raised differently. Some the right way as it sounds you were and others obviously had no one to care for them and as a result they don't care.

Last edited:
T

Thunder Chicken

The National Anthem is a song about a war we lost (War of 1812) and sang to the tune of a British drinking song. All I'm saying is, I'm SURE there are more patriotic songs out there we could adopt as our national anthem. "America the Beautiful" would be a great one, however you'd have to cut it down by a couple of verses in order to really be able to play it at sporting events.

For those crazy enough to call a history major out on history trivia...
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Spangled_Banner[/ame]

BuddyRo

There are people in my school who don't even put there hand on their heart for the Pledge of Allegiance. It's not even because of their religion or beliefs, but that they just don't care. To them I say, you live here freely? You have many freedoms? Yes, you do. Put your freakin hand on your heart or buy a one way ticket outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.