Monster Nationals East Lansing Recap

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Bodacious, Feb 7, 2010.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Feb 7, 2010 #1

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Freestyle:
    Lucas Oil Stabilizer 1st
    E3 spark plugs Big Foot 2nd
    TailGator 3rd
    Iron Man 4th

Racing
    Finals Tail Gator VS Big Foot =BigFoot over Mi State Gator
    semi: Tail Gator vs Stabilizer = Gator Big Foot vs Iron man=Big foot

2. Feb 7, 2010 #2

Jus Show N Off

Jus Show N Off

Jus Show N Off

Bigfoot, when referring to the monster truck or even Sasquatch - is 1 word.

You take any pics at all or anything? Or do you remember any highlights at all?

3. Feb 7, 2010 #3

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Bodacious or who ever you are : Just some FYI there is no 2nd,3rd,4th in freestyle only a winner That may be your opinion in which you are entitled to but that is not the "official" standings.

if you were at the show thanks for coming but you should not post your opinion as if it were official show event results. For official event schedule & results visit www.familyevents.com

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  4. Feb 7, 2010 #4

RickFL

RickFL

RickFL

Calm down Shane its Super Bowl Sunday!!!:beer: Im sure he meant nothing by it.

5. Feb 7, 2010 #5

CPE MT

CPE MT

CPE MT

Shane, are freestyle scores announced/shown at the end of each truck's run? Never been to a Monster national event.

6. Feb 7, 2010 #6

rocku

rocku

rocku

Must be they are not scored at all and the crowd/judge just picks a winner, therefore the 2nd,3rd,4th would be just his opinions?.
    Because if they were scored then rightly so there would be a 2nd,3rd,4th.

Just guessing though.

7. Feb 7, 2010 #7

RickFL

RickFL

RickFL

WOW so people cant give there opinions anymore on performance........Like I said Im sure he wasnt going out of his way to "dis you" or to "bury you" he was just giving his opinion of the show. Plan And Simple. :thumbsup:

8. Feb 7, 2010 #8

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

I remembered result for freestyle by how loud they cheered. But I will post videos soon!

9. Feb 7, 2010 #9

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

If you got the least cheers from the crowd, guess what, your last. If that's your "official" system then that's how it works.

:nopity:

1 person likes this.
  10. Feb 7, 2010 #10

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Opinions are welcome and we all have one , if you read the original post it was posted as results NOT in my opinion this is how I scored freestyle. And mis-information leads to all kinds of issues.

As the norm here the main point at hand is being danced around and not taken. As the saying go's "you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make him drink " well in this case the horse can't even be lead to the water.

11. Feb 7, 2010 #11

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

On what though for me? Thats the question? But I agree with you on your explanation.

12. Feb 7, 2010 #12

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Your right Shane you did very awesome! But in freestyle your truck wasn't very airborn. But I will show you the highlights if you to see them. I hope you have a great monster nationals season. I was impressed with your power!

13. Feb 7, 2010 #13

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

No problem , I was just making a point. Don't need to see any video I was there & furthermore I would be carefull posting video from shows since they do not permit the use of video cameras during show performance, there is a whole other legal area you or others are opening themselves up for if a promoter wants to push the "legal issue"

Thanks for the well wishes & thanks for attending the show hope you had a good time & will attend one of our events again in the future.

14. Feb 7, 2010 #14

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Well I might go to another Monster Nationals near Holland Mi but money is tight. But about the camera thing usually its the Venue that does not allow camera but usually they should do a camera check if they are that picky. But I you have a good day. Thanks for answering my question yesterday and putting on a great show!

15. Feb 7, 2010 #15

Jus Show N Off

Jus Show N Off

Jus Show N Off

Ugh, no, usually it is the Promoter's rule and then also local and state laws that say no to video cameras. The unwilling reproduction of one's face and likeness on video without their consent is actually illegal virtually everywhere in this country.

I know in this day and age there is a blurry line there because digital cameras can take good quality vids, and even cell phones can take acceptable quality vids. But seriously, it isn't the venue, it is the promoter and actual laws.

Furthermore, proofread before you post.

16. Feb 7, 2010 #16

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Well yes your right. Like Monster Jam says no camera's and usually there venues say it to.

17. Feb 7, 2010 #17

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Shane@TeamBeast

Still photos are no problem , take all you want it's video that they disapprove of. It's all about trademarks,licensing rights,copywrights, etc... And you also have to be carefull of the use of still photos as well.

Put yourself in the promoters chair for a minute , you are the one taking all the risk doing events and you now have pirate video of your show floating around that someone is making public for the possibility of financial gain & you are not recieving any profits from the video ?

now from a business standpoint honestly you would not be very happy about that & would pursue the matter to the fullest extent of the law. That is why promoters hire people to professionally shoot video, edit & produce videos for sale, it's another tool for making money on their investment & now there is someone reaching into their wallet and taking money at their own will.

Think about it ! for those of you who don't see anything wrong with this then reach in your wallet and pull out $20.00 and send it to me ..... because money is not any object to you and you won't mind somone just taking money from you.

Yes this extreme example but that's how corporate business operates. The whole picture, video thing is a dangerous gauntlet and I assure you if the matter would come up & be high profile enough the party would be made example of.

18. Feb 7, 2010 #18

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Yeah some promoters are scared of people selling there videos with out permission because they sell monster nationals videos. But some don't care because it brings more people to their shows. This past summer I put a video of Perrins truck freestyling in Monroe Michigan and put it on truck show nation.com and they used it for a commercial they used for a blood drive involving her at Indy last year. So I never got credit but it was there site thats what I get for filming in a spot team scream let me sit. But I should be careful of what I put up and where I put it.

19. Feb 7, 2010 #19

MichiganMonstersElliott

MichiganMonstersElliott

MichiganMonstersElliott

I'm 100% sure you didn't take the video that was used in the "Don't be a weenie, Give blood" Video.

20. Feb 7, 2010 #20

Bodacious

Bodacious

Bodacious

Elliot I know you had a filmer there too but I was sitting next to him. But if you check Truckshownation.com and look for Bodacious Brutus thats me. You will find Jocelyn's freestyle on my profile and you will see its the same video. But Elliot I have question. Do you know if Berlin Race Way is going to have a show this year?
    Thanks Bodacious!