Monster Patrol

MonkeyDad

Monster Patrol is not listed at the Harrisburg, PA show. I did get a partial list off of the Facebook page and the line up is:

Bounty Hunter
Iron Outlaw
Higher Education
Stinger
Boogey Van

plus tuff trucks.
Cool. I've been looking all over for a list. There should probably be one more truck; they usually have six. Maybe Monster Patrol?

gravedigfan90

i think its good to see it back but i would like it ran as a old school wilman style chassis like outlaw or a meents truck, i personally am a fan of the 1st gen MP.

RnW 13

I love how people complain to see the truck names back, then complain because they feel it aint good enough for them because of who drove it back in the day. I enjoyed it too, but I enjoy it more because the name is still running, barely, but running, better than it collecting dust, or rotting in a field. Be happy with what you get because you may not have it anymore one day.

DanDeFalco

speaking of rotting in a field, didnt Paul Shafer redo his monster patrol and had that sick new dodge body with the flame job on it? where is that just hangin' around? Anyway RnW 13 while I am glad to see the name running again and this latest MP version isn't that bad looking, it is still extremely lame to see a big name return as a complete abomination. Not saying that this latest version is an abomination, it isnt, i like it. However, this has been the case with the monster patrol name in the past...bearfoot too....and carolina crusher. I think the other people on the board "complain" about these trucks is that they really enjoyed the trucks in their heyday and to see it come back as something that can barely make a freestyle run without stalling a million times or compete like junk annoys them. I can't totally blame that mindset.

RnW 13

The redone and flamed out MP is a garage at a trucking company Paul owns in Westville down the road from his junkyard, its been brought out a dozen times last year, for 3 shows and a handful of displays. Rollover Chassis is completed, Captain USA and Carolina Crusher(on the Bear Foot chassis) are being redone as we speak. The Carolina Crusher Harper ran I believe got junked because he abused it too much, unless Concussion is redoing or someone states otherwise.

MasterofTame

Bad runs are better than no runs BUT when they are one of five six trucks on the bill, it is an annoyance. I am not saying they need to go full boar ballz to the walls, BUT I am not wanting to see the truck shut off after every other hit.

Glad to hear the updates on the Crusher.

DiggerXX

I don't. Who'd want these names in any other hands but an independent owner???

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Another video of the new Monster Patrol. Only two jumps shown.

[video=youtube;pYF14ITlsAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYF14ITlsAE[/video]

cyclone

Another video of the new Monster Patrol. Only two jumps shown.

[video=youtube;pYF14ITlsAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYF14ITlsAE[/video]
Love to see the name back but man that is a ugly a** monster patrol. I hope they fix it and make it look like it did back in the day or even make it a little modern now. Needs something

DanDeFalco

it's actually not that bad looking at all, there's been wayyyyyy worse. I think it was said on here that the wing mounts kept breaking so new ones needed to be made or whatever, once that wing is back on there it'll look a lot better. Those were also 2 solid jumps too so at least it isnt put-putting around.

Tim Dudley

All I'm going say...How dare you tell owner how fix up his truck. It's his money, and he can make it look the way he wants too. Until you can fork over $60,000+ to buy a monster truck. Really can't tell any owner what to do.

I'll say this it's a beautiful looking truck, can't wait to see what the owner can do. Just takes time like owner said of the truck to dial it in...

RnW 13

Love to see the name back but man that is a ugly a** monster patrol. I hope they fix it and make it look like it did back in the day or even make it a little modern now. Needs something
Did you not look close enough or something? Looks very very very similar to the elder paintjobs. I know we all like the older versions of what PSM owns, but deal with what we got now, its better than nothing at all.

slap wheelie

First I want to Thank all of you for the interest in the Retro-"Monster Patrol"...To kind of explain things, this "Monster Patrol" is based on a Mid 90's Monster Patrol with the same type of Paint job....It is not designed to be a Stadium Truck, or to race against a "Bounty Hunter:. It was put together to be a Good Solid Truck at our Small Secondary Market Shows. A throw back to where Monster Patrol 1st started....Small Market Shows in the early days of Monster Trucks....The Truck is doing a great job, and does bring back memories to those that have seen it run......The Wing is being redone at this time, and the Green Lights are on order........It has already Won a couple of events, but the main thing was to have 'Monster Patrol" out there so Dad could say to his son....."That was one of the 1st Trucks I ever saw crush cars son"......It is teamed up with our Jet fire Truck "Raging Inferno" and will run at our "Monster Truck Night of Fire and Thrills Spectacular" all summer.......Thanks for your support.....

Paul curtis

The only problem I have with that is there is a bit of revisionist history there, if you go back and look at it, Paul already had made a name for himself in the Monster Truck SHOW industry of the early 90s long before he ever even stepped into the seat of a monster truck, so when Paul made the transition from Mud Racing to Monster Trucks he had the connections to get high end bookings, and the truck he bought was as top of the line as one could get at that time(Taurus 4). Monster Patrol/Paul Shafer was a top tier truck from the get go, with big market exposure. Paul won his first Televised Monster truck show after less than a year of being behind the wheel of Monster Patrol.

Last edited:

Kouvre

The orange and blue Monster Patrol was on the Little Tiger chassis and was driven by Brian Barthel. I believe it ran in '99.