Monster Truck Destruction - Official Game Thread

oddgames

Hi All,

This thread will contain the most up-to-date information, screenshots and videos of our Monster Truck Destruction video game.

Make sure you like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/monstertruckdestruction

Description:

Your fans are waiting for you... they are willing you to destroy everything in sight and cause ultimate destruction! Drive your truck to it's limits and destroy everything to gain the applause of your fans!

Monster Truck Destruction provides the most thrilling and destructive gameplay on the iPhone, everything can be bent, broken and utterly destroyed when you smash and crash your way through every challenge.

But be careful! The crowd wont be truly happy until you have destroyed everything, including yourself!

Try to gain as much points as possible then run your truck into the biggest and baddest obstacle you can find and give the crowd a real show, smash yourself to pieces!

Confirmed Features:

• LICENSED MONSTER TRUCKS! (Full listing available here)
  • Upgradeable parts, upgrade your block, intake, exhaust, suspension and transmission
  • Knockout Drag racing events
  • Freestyle competitions
  • Championships

Release Date:

December 2012

Release Platform:

iOS

Trailer

[video=youtube;Vpht1UV5_nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpht1UV5_nI[/video]

See all trucks here

Attachments

Last edited:

oddgames

Not exactly, the track is a loop and is used in heats. Chicago drags will feature at some point during the game.

Smasha

I'm not even kidding, this game looks better than POD all ready.

I gotta start my paint job soon, I'd love to be a part of this. Great job to you and your team, I'm really excited about this :D

oddgames

The game uses touches to control the throttle and steering. Kind of a cross between a joystick and a button. Sliding your thumb up will increase/decrease speed but you can also press the button to achieve full throttle.

RobBeer

The game looks great so far! Take it further and move to the consoles. You'll make a killing over Monster Jam series games. You have already made the first step asking real fans what they think. Great work. Keep it up! :D

oddgames

Added new video showing off new truck physics and damage system

[youtube_browser]rPVGSBMiYOU[/youtube_browser]

USA1Lives

There is another game on the Android market that is far from real but it uses a joystick on the bottom left side of the screen. Works really well cause it doesn't effect the screen view and is simple to use.

Muddy

Any chance of this coming to PC as well? For those of us without Iproducts?

Also, you should try and get this thing on XBLA/PSN or something. Looks amazing.

graveyard314

I'm really liking the looks of this game. it looks like a "best of both worlds" sort of situation, where it is realistic enough for us as "diehard" fans, and yet just enough destruction value to allow the people who just wish to drive over crap to enjoy it as well.
AWESOME WORK, I'll be sure to pick it up for my iPad!

oddgames

Thanks for the comments guys!

it looks like a "best of both worlds" sort of situation
We are making a game for the casual market but we don't want it to be a poor representation of the sport :)

Any chance of this coming to PC as well? For those of us without Iproducts?
We're not sure whats going to happen in that area so we cant say no and we cant say yes.

oddgames

There is another game on the Android market that is far from real but it uses a joystick on the bottom left side of the screen. Works really well cause it doesn't effect the screen view and is simple to use.
We wont be utilising the accelerometer for steering or acceleration. We've look into using it and it really doesn't play well at all.

We're using a system that is half way between an on screen joystick and a button. It will be easy to use but will still offer that little bit extra throttle control for the advanced player.

oddgames

Added new development videos to the main post which show our destruction system and soft bounce physics for tires.