Monster Truck model build off

theace27

Hey Trevor, man those look awesome!!! The fenders on Bigfoot 1 look spot on!! Grave Digger 1 is gonna look wicked too. Question for you, do you have any ideas for doing the Firestone terras or are you going to run the Good Years?

HeartbeatFan

Hey Mike, I am going to try my luck at casting a set of Firestones. I am trying to buy a couple of 1/32 scale Bigfoot trucks right now from a member, and he says they measure around 2 1/4" very close to the size I measured out from the goodyears. They look very close to the Firestones, but Tom told me about cutting down tires in half and casting them in halves and that way you can have the same diameter wheel size on both sides for more realism. So that's how I planned on doing some firestones and then just make a stencil to airbrush on the Firestone label and Floatation size. If I get them just right, I will show you a pic. Here is a pic of what I have in mind. Notice the square-er look they have and tread depth.

Trevor

Outlaw

also I have noticed that your frames are "hand maed" what do you use to make them? obviously plastic but I am just curious as to what and where you get it from

HeartbeatFan

hey outlaw, I either use plasti-struct plastic, or I use ever green styrene. Of course styrene would be the best, I can usually get the plasti-struc plastic at my local bookstore for my college in the architect department. Other wise you could go to a hobby place that sells models or trains and see if they carry them. Trevor

theace27

Hey Trevor, that is a good plan on casting a set of Firestones. I would think the only other way to go about doing them would be to buy a Franklin Mint Bigfoot die-cast and use the tires off of it. It is too bad that Franklin Mint wouldn't do a die-cast of Bigfoot 1 like that. The only draw back with the FM tires is they are cut.

Outlaw if I can add to what Trevor said about using Evergreen Styrene and Plasti-struct. If you are planning on scratch building a frame do use plastic don't try and build one out of metal. Working with plastic is much easier and in the end it will look more accurate. Besides once it is painted no one will be able to tell the difference between plastic of metal.

EmJay

that bigfoot is lookin good. from the looks the fm bigfoot the back tires are cut different too.

Smasha

I have one of those FM bigfoots, Probably the best die cast monster truck money can buy, but it is expensive

I got mine for £70

Smasha

Well that makes sense because you can buy seperate bodies for it

There is a mac tools bigfoot
the stars and stripes bigfoot
and a green snake bite body

EmJay

rebuilt usa-1 (so to speak)

anyone who followed the scale auto monster truck cbp probly knows this truck origionaly bit the dust when i moved from new york to vermont. bad packing i guess. the body and some parts are the same but stole the chassis from a similar built truck named texas longhorn. i swaped engines, wheels/rims and repainted parts of the chassis. i also tried a different way of cutting the tires.~MJ~

honda50r

Great Custom! I like the 4-into-1's you added and the hood scoop. Old AND New School. very Nice!

ProTruckChallenge

mike! how are you gonna post all those pictures from the build off that i started and not include my stuff!!! lol just kidding man.

check it out

this is clydesdale 2, it was made completly from a usa 1 model. this picture is without a front bumper so it looks a little weird... but oh well. the body has been completly cut up and put back together minus all the inside parts. it features a full racing interior, custom headlight covers, custom roll cage and a completely hand painted body.

ProTruckChallenge

predator

next up is allen pezo's predator, the blue chevy. this truck was built from a usa-1 model as well, and was almost a straight build from that kit. modifications include the butterfly style hood scoop, the silverado bumper rather than the usa-1 bumper, a gutted inside of the engine compartment, and custom shields on the side where the fenderwells once stood.

the blue, red and yellow on the truck was sprayed on, however the predator lettering was hand painted. Allen saw this model in bloomsburg in 2006, where he signed it on the roof.

ProTruckChallenge

monster mutt

the only custom tube frame that i have done so far, this is Monster Mutt. Monster Mutt started life out as a gravedigger model. the frame was modified so the body would fit on the chassis, which meant narrowing it down, as well as removing the mounts for the SUV body style. it also meant shortening the wheel base, which took shortened drive shafts, different shock mounts... the whole 9 yards.

an old style mercury model donated its body to the model, luckily it was already chopped which made my life much much easier. the body was gutted, so it was just a shell. the hood, trunk, and headlights were all molded into the body and seamed so it looked like one piece. the rear windows were covered up, and all the trim was removed. the fenderwells were cut and made larger as well. the truck was sprayed in a dark brown, and a lighter brown on the front, the rest was all hand painted. ears were made and glued on, as was the "beggin for bones" plate underneath, and the tounge on the front.

it was signed by both charlie paulken at englishtown, and mike wine in philly

tounge fell off in this picture but it is reattached

ProTruckChallenge

unfinished projects

welcome to the land of the doomed haha. these are projects that... just never got done, but someday i hope to finish them.

bigfoot 10, sprayed and body work done... just sitting here

the remains of whiskey buisness, after the cat knocked it off its shelf...

start of battle cat, its been cut up, gutted primed and painted, even signed by mike vaters. someday.... someday...

nightlife awaits a chassis.. and a proper hood fitting. this body was actually ripped off an older model of mine, a pro street stepside.

the start of something beautiful... equalizer. it took me months to hunt down an s10 truck body.. and then i cut it all up! haha

last but not least, executioner. made from a silverado model, this one was sprayed after being taped up extensively.

ProTruckChallenge

for those who follow the PTC, protruckchallenge.com, you know me as the owner of team pman, and of course, you know Pman 7.

well here is pman 5, a ford powered chevy SSR, on a highly modified usa-1 chassis.