Monster Truck model build off

ProTruckChallenge

i would consider selling the unfinished projects to the right people.... or possibly even having someone finish the truck for me as a paid commision. i want to see those trucks get done in the worst way... i just simply dont have the time anymore

EmJay

shawn, those are some great starts. seeing that equalizer body gives me an idea....i think i know where i can get a s-10 body...hmmmm. ~MJ~

HeartbeatFan

Finally going to be done with classes this summer so I will have time to work on Bigfoot 1 starting tomorrow, and will have some update shots sometime in the next couple of days. Trevor

adam tereska

As you guys and gals build these beautiful monster truck models, and with all of the scratch building being done, would anyone have model parts that they want to part with? If it is 1/25 scale I'm interested. Let me know what you have that you want to sell and how much. Thanks and great models.
Adam

theace27

Hey Adam, what kind of parts are you looking for? Scale Auto might also be a good place to post that question. Tons of guys on there probably have tons of parts hangin' around.

adam tereska

Oh, just about anything; bodies, (with glass) frames, interiors w/rollcages, total gluebombs, (doesn't have to be monster trucks, just no corvettes) whatever.

adam tereska

I'd also look at decal sheets if they're from the Bigfoot's third leafer version or Bigfoot 10 version with the stripes. I already have several USA-1 sheets, A Bigfoot 1 sheet, several second version Bigfoot sheets and the Snap-tite Grave Digger. I'm also interested in the Snap Together Grave Digger kits because I make Christmas trucks out of them so if anyone has those they are not interested in keeping, let me know. Non-monster glue bomb cars, trucks, and vans in 1:24 or 1:25 scale (no Corvettes) let me know.
Thanks. Adam Tereska

theace27

With the other model talk on the main forum just thought I would bump this up. Anyone building anything right now?

theace27

Well thought I would post some pics of what I have been working on. I am still working on my Aces High model. Here is the 2.5 ton REO transfer case that I scratch built for it. Since this picture I added all the nuts around the outside of the case. The other pics are of the center section I scratch built for the 5 ton housings. I have one done now I have to build another one.

HeartbeatFan

Looks great Mike, I really like your top loaders on the the 5 tons. I have been working on my Frankenstein model and working on another truck's body while stuff is drying on Frankenstein. I think you'd be interested in this "other truck" that I am working on. Trevor

HeartbeatFan

Here is an update so far on Frankenstein. Sometimes I just need to see some color on things. Mike, here is your sneak preview, the color of the bed is real close to the real truck, but in the pic looks a lot lighter than in person. I figured you would know this one with a pic. Oh, and I know you will want to know what color of blue it is, which I believe is the real color he used which is GM Nassau Blue Metallic lacquer, which they have in Model Master aresol. Not sure if I spelled that right, but I flipped the channel of the tv just now and "Roadhouse" was playing right around the time Bigfoot drives through the dealership, :D Trevor

theace27

TREVOR!!!! ya dirty [email protected]!!! HAHAHAH. Just jokin' man. Little Bearfoot!!! Oh man I am foaming at the mouth!!! That is another one I have on the "to do" list. Which version are you gonna do? More like when Fred had it or when Barry had it? Man I am excited to see this build dude.

HeartbeatFan

DING DING DING, what does Mike win? j/k I think I am going to make it like when Shafer owned it, I think I might put that wind up on the back like when he was on Monster Mania. That was always my favorite monster truck tape I used to own. I think I am going to try to hand paint the mural on the side of the door as well. I think I can make it look more like airbrush than what a decal could do. I just liked that mural more than the one that they changed to later. I will be using some pics and videos of when Barry owned it, so it might end up a mix, don't know yet. I do recommend that paint color though, it is really close to the real color I believe. It's quite a bit darker like I said compared to the pic I took and is one heck of shade of blue for any of the Bearfoot fleet. I sprayed a white primer underneath it and I am very happy with what it did for the bed. I am excited to finish up the cab modifications. If there is one thing I hate about a lot of these trucks, is that I have to make so many tube grilles for them. Those give me some of the worst troubles making. Trevor

HeartbeatFan

haha, no Jack, unfortunately not, it's the stock frame so far, I have just been working a little bit on modifying the motor compartment on the body so far. I have to put a subframe under the stock frame of this one. It is a very nice kit though. I think it's the best early s10 model out there. There are lots of part. I have been working on several bodies getting them ready for frames. I haven't been building any chassis. I haven't got the plastic to get everything done at one time, and also trying to plan ahead so when I do go to the l.h.s. I can pick up all the plastic I need at one time. Trevor

theace27

Hey Trevor, that is the Monogram S-10 kit right? From pics I have seen of that kit it looks like a real nice one to work with. My biggest thing is that so many kits the frames are junk in them cause they have so much stuff molded into them. The 72 Chevelle frame I used had to have the rear frame rails extended for the El Camino body then I had to cut everthing off of it, it had more junk molded into it. Like the exhaust, floors, rear end, gas tank etc etc. It is nice to start with a frame that is bare.

I agree with you on the Little Bearfoot mural. When Fred had it the truck looked its best. And you HAVE to put the wind up key in the bed of it, that is a MUST!!! When it comes time for me to build that model I am really looking forward to building the rear ends in it with the Corvette ones stacked up. Keep us posted!!!

HeartbeatFan

Mike, the model kit that I am using is the "Chevy S-10 Lowrider 3 n 1" from Revell. It has a purple lowriding looking s-10 with early 90's style graphics on it. It comes with all the stock parts that anyone needs to build one. I don't know if this is the same mold as the Monogram one or not, but I made sure to see that the one I am using is a 1/25th scale. It is a very nice kit and comes with a boatload of parts, and yes, the frame is a nice piece and not a one piece undercarriage like the USA-1 kit. I will keep you posted on this. Like I said I have been getting bodywork and casting done on my models while I wait to get some money to buy the plastic for all of the chassis. Trevor

theace27

Hey Trevor, ya I believe the Revell 3 n 1 kit is the same kit as the Monogram kit. However the Monogram kit is just a stocker, no other parts. But I think there was another Monogram S-10 kit that was a surfer truck or something like that. Eitherway that kit looks like a real nice starting point.

In case anyone is looking for something to start a monster model project there is a custom built straight rail frame with spings, axles and tires on Ebay. Looks like somewhat of a good starting point. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOME-MADE-MONSTER-TRUCK-FRAME_W0QQitemZ320312967473QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320312967473&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited:
Right now, I've got Raminator in the works. today I plan on sanding the body after I eat lunch. which i'm doing as I type this. frame is coming around too. took me 3 days to detail all the little parts, meaning I completely hand painted the entire chassis.;) I'll get pics posted soon.