Monster Truck model build off

modeltruckshop

Thanks guys. Glad you like it. It was built for a good friend (who really liked that version where BEAST ran the Midwest wheels from Bigfoot at the Jamboree) and sadly is out the door already. The workbench is never empty though!! More in the works of course,Steve:D

Last edited:

theace27

I'll try to CPR this thread back to life again!! :D
Here is the latest project I finished here. See i can build clean models too. HAHA Enjoy,Steve

This probably one of the coolest Christmas gifts I have ever recieved! Thanks Steve!!!! All my favorite elemets of the Beast over the years all rolled into one!!!!!

Daniel G

This is my Toyota 4 wheel steering and 4 corner independant suspension monster truck. Feature a 282 chevy with front mounted supercharger. The t-case and brake units are my resin cast pieces. 100% chrome driveshaft. Third member and axles shaft are from Toyota pieces. 99 chevy silverado disc brake with complete oil line from the brake unit up to the disks. Double chrome gas tank with complete gas lines. Radiator from snap tite Grave Digger model with hoses. I made artwork on AutoCad to design de chassis and the suspension geometry.

The model is 98% done but cannot wait anymore to share!

DGToyota4WS4IS01.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS05.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS02.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS03.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS04.jpg

Daniel G

Suspension flex!! - The paint bottle is 43mm high. Mean more than 42" of suspension flex in the real life!!

DGToyota4WS4IS14.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS10.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS11.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS12.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS13.jpg

Paul4x4

Here's my Digger project. It's an RC, but I try to make it look as realistic as possible, so I guess it's a big model! It's a work in progress...

Paul4x4

Your Grave Digger looks great but you should have it in this thread http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?5506-Lets-See-your-RC-Trucks!!
Yeah, I know, but I consider the Digger more of an scale model than an RC. I just like the extra challenge of making everything functional, rather than just gluing all the pieces together like when building a plastic model. And I enjoy the building and designing process more than actually driving it, so that also makes me more of an model builder.:rolleyes:

And who says a model has to be made of plastic!:p

Daniel G

AutoCad artwork I made do design the chassis and suspension geometry. I printed the main pieces to help cutting pieces.

DGToyota4WS4IS42.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS40.JPGDGToyota4WS4IS41.JPG

Daniel G

Base frame buildup. I made all embedded members to obtain a strong chassis assembly. Then I used 2 front Toyota IFS axle.

DGToyota4WS4IS47.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS43.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS44.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS45.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS46.jpg

Daniel G

Built the 282 chevy engine and started to built the floor. Notice the clear rods to made the assemblies.

DGToyota4WS4IS48.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS49.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS50.jpg

Daniel G

Completed the gas setup, built the shock supports and put the 2 steering motors. With the CAD help, I made all the pieces to built the shocks.

DGToyota4WS4IS69.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS67.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS68.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS71.jpg