Monster Truck model build off

Daniel G

Was unable to post photos since a while but seem to work now...

So this is the final result. The truck sit in my curio this way.

DGToyota4WS4IS83.jpgDGToyota4WS4IS80.jpg

Toast

Hey I just joined and am starting a custom monster truck model based on the Jurassic Attack kit by AMT. Wondering if anyone could help me with this. The front shock towers seem to tilt forward too much as when assembled per the instructions. But I'm not really familiar with how these should be positioned.

Here's how they sit when assembled as the instructions state.

Here's how they look when flipped sides.

Help me get this beast on all four tires!

Toast

thank you!

I've got a newer style Silverado body that I'm going to fit into this and the smaller wheel base makes it a closer match to start out.

modeltruckshop

Here is a few buildup pics of MUDRAT from the Oldskool thread I posted April 1. It started as a stock '59 Dodge Pickup. A Dremel made easy work of that.

The wheels are kitbashed out of some military centers and pvc tube.

Getting closer:

Almost done but not weathered yet:

- - - Updated - - -

If any of you model guys don't go there this is a quick sample of what it looked like done.

and the diorama for the photos:

MonsterJammerAZ

If any of you model guys don't go there this is a quick sample of what it looked like done.

and the diorama for the photos:

[/QUOTE]

Darn it Steve, I just finished healing from the last Jaw-Drop from the weathered Digger you built!! Now it hit the ground again!! HA HA!!! You are Super Talented. Great work AS ALWAYS!!!!

Joe

Toast

modeltruckshop, that scene you set up and the photos taken look great!

I've made some progress on my truck kit. Picked up a couple small RC Silverados and made a crew cab body. Started modifying the chassis to fit the new body as well.

Lots of cutting, gluing, trimming, and body filler!

Almost there!

Superpeterbilt

Hello, can anyone tell me of any resin components for monster trucks? Does anyone cast any 5 ton militaries, or planetary hubs? I want to rebuild some of my old kits, and get into some new ones, and would like some better detailed parts. I only build old school style trucks. Ive seen some amazing scratchbuilding on this thread. That Aces High model is just mind blowing! Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Terry

Superpeterbilt

Ill throw my hat in the ring and see if this thread can get rolling again. Heres my take on an AMT Destroyer. There have been lots of mods, but Im tired and Im just gonna load the pics for now.Im building two versions of this truck currently. This is the 2nd version. Both trucks will have dual tires.