Monster Truck Tape Thread

BiteMeStudios

Over in the Monster Vette thread that has been going on, the "Point of Impact" tape that featured the Wild Stang endo came up. That got me thinking...what other videos/tapes/DVDs include a bit of monster truck footage in them? You know, racing/sports/bloopers/whatever tapes that might have a couple of minutes of monster truck footage that we otherwise would never hear of.

Diamond P's "And they Walked Away" series also comes to mind.

FlyinBryan

I'm going to take a mini-hijack to this thread, and then I'll get it back on track.

Anyone have any Mickey Thompson Stadium Off Road events on tape? I've only got a few and man they're entertaining, I'd like to add to the collection if possible.

Jason Twite

Freelancer
I did Bryan...I did. They were on the ESPN schedule in the same pattern as the monster trucks and I ended up with several of the events on tape. The LA Coliseum had to be on the the best tracks ever. Sorry to say, I'm betting they're all long gone and recorded over. I'm putting my VHS on DVD slowly but surely, if I run across any episodes i'll let you know.

FlyinBryan

Yea let me know, I've got a few shows on tape for the same reason, just crossed my mind and throwing a line out there to anyone who might have some sittin around

FlyinBryan

And to help with the "on-track" thread, here are some tapes I can think of that have monster footage in them:

Show N Go (Diamond P)
Motor Mania (Diamond P)
Crash Impact (Same people who made "Point of Impact")

If I think of more I'll add on

BrianV

Wagner, I'll see your hijacking and raise you a relevancy. I have a tape called "Off Road Warriors" that has desert racing, stadium racing, AND monster trucks.

The monster trucks segment is only about 5 minutes long, but it's all Dane family home videos with ultra-rare Awesome Kong and King Kong video, including a 1984? blue and silver King Kong doing a two-car crush at a no-dirt Mickey Thompson race inside the Hoosier Dome ;) I must admit I haven't watched the entire tape because it's hour after hour of desert racing = boring, but there's some early 80s stadium stuff in there, too

And if I ever get around to joining the tape trade, maybe you can get your hands on it. Come to think of it, I think I still owe you a tape from about 8 years ago, eh? Whoops! :rolleyes:

carcrusher

i don't believe point of impact was made by main event video, but i could be wrong. in my opinion all the main event video collection is above and beyond point of impact in terms of entertainment factor.

AvengerFan86

Race Team - Virginia Beach Beast
Thats the same video released in the us by Powersports but on an PAL format. It doe's not have the Wild Stang flip on it it does how ever have an awsome video of clip's form Wheel Power with "Rainbow in The Dark" by DIO in it.

carcrusher

i have that video. it's from the tara toy corporation. it has most of the same footage that they used for the "monster trucks and truckin thrills" video - shots from houston in 1990 and some other stuff. nothing super-impressive, but a good video nonetheless :)

BiteMeStudios

I am looking for three tapes/DVDs (preferably DVD) which I have only found from some Australian dealer, but the total is something like $110 for the three. I can't find them on ebay, amazon nor LN's site:

Monster Jam Freestyle: Controlled Chaos
Monster Truck Classics Vol. 1
Monster Truck Classics Vol. 2

Can anyone help me out, possibly in a trade of some sorts?

BiteMeStudios

Chris, give me a couple hours to get home from work and check out this tape I just got. I think it has the Motor Madness season opener from 1998 in Minny.