Monster Truck Wheelie Record

BrianStell

Linsey Weenk holds the #1 and #2 records.

The first one was in Jurassic Attack a few years ago and was measured at 592 feet.

The new record (amazingly beating his own, from above) was 602 feet and in Iron Outlaw.

As far as footage...I never saw any. I believe someone from Hall Bros. Racing had video of the 592' wheelie but never did anything with it. The 602' wheelie was apparently filmed by someone from Fox (see link below) but I never saw any airtime information come around.

Link to the other post: http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1195&highlight=record+wheelie

Beerman1

keep in mind that these are TRUE wheelies...NOT draggin the wheelie bar, but actuallly riding on just the rear wheels

goleafsgo

be neat to see a power/slap wheeile contest at some shows.....be neat.

or even a few more long jump contests...seem to only see thoese in Charoltte

be neat to see a power/slap wheeile contest at some shows.....be neat.

or even a few more long jump contests...seem to only see thoese in Charoltte
Come out to a show with Nasty Boy, UnNamed&UnTamed and/ OR Natural high and you will see a show filled with some of awesome Slap wheelies.

If you love wheelies any of these 3 can go at it all day!!!

In Lancaster MJ back in Sept. Kelvin got a win in the wheelie contest with a nice sky wheelie followed by a tail gate dragging slap wheelie. It was a cheer off over Pablo in Gravedigger.

Yes someone won a cheer off over a Gravedigger... lol

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
You won't like me for this, but I think any Aces High wheelie record is inadmissable. That's with the weight box assistance. Weenk's records are just through throttle manipulation.

Dave Collard

Stafford they tried doing a Slap Wheelie Contest on Saturday Night. Everyone stunk due to the muddy conditions except Meents who had a pretty neat pick up and turn with the rear steer. Not sure if they did it on Sunday.

CRASH'NBURN

Linsey Weenk holds the #1 and #2 records.

The first one was in Jurassic Attack a few years ago and was measured at 592 feet.

The new record (amazingly beating his own, from above) was 602 feet and in Iron Outlaw.

As far as footage...I never saw any. I believe someone from Hall Bros. Racing had video of the 592' wheelie but never did anything with it. The 602' wheelie was apparently filmed by someone from Fox (see link below) but I never saw any airtime information come around.

Link to the other post: http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1195&highlight=record+wheelie

The new record is 602ft set by linsey weenk.

BrianStell

LOL, my bad.

Sorry 'bout that! Thought you looked right over it at first, lol.

If anyone knows of footage, please share. It's a true shame that the Monster Truck community as a whole has not been able to witness such awesome feats and accomplishments in our sport!

BuddyRo

Stafford they tried doing a Slap Wheelie Contest on Saturday Night. Everyone stunk due to the muddy conditions except Meents who had a pretty neat pick up and turn with the rear steer. Not sure if they did it on Sunday.
Yep, they did it on Sunday. Bradshaw won that one, had GREAT wheelie. I believe Seasock gave him a run for his money, in Blue Thunder. Werner did a good one in Hot Wheels, just didn't ride it out long enough. I loved that contest, though. I like it better than the sky wheelie contests, actually. Etown used to do it. They had a red ramp the trucks would launch off to get the bounce, but they didn't really get a good enough grip to get a good one going. One year it worked phenomenal, but they stopped because I think one of the trucks blew a tranny. ?? Not sure on that one, maybe beerman would know.

Here are some vids of the one in '02

http://www.monstertruckcentral.com/videos/DiggerWheelieETown8-18-02.mpg

http://www.monstertruckcentral.com/videos/WolverineWheelieETown8-18-02.mpg

Beerman1

I seem to recall that in E Town. I was at the event, but not working it at the time. I believe it was a motor, and oiled down the track, which we all know, is NOT beneficial for drag racing

Don

Linsey once told me he didnt think the one in outlaw was near as far as in jurassic. I said he never seen anyone measure it. No matter what there both close and hard to beat. were changing jurassic setup soon and it will be interesting to see if it will still wheele as well. Where adding alot more HP, More than Linsey had with the strong running ford and alot more than the past two years with a smaller chev. The trade off is it will sit a little further ahead and alot lower. Kristy has done a few around 200 FT, and ran out of room with out touching the wheele bar at all. There may be room for us to try at some airshows next year. I do beleave the 700ft. mark will be beaten someday. But it's got to be with out just dragging the wheele bar because there is little talent in doing it that way just like aces high did.
Here is a question for you guys. Do you prefer them very slow or fast? Linseys was quite fast and I know Nathan has even shifted into 3rd during some of his.
This has been out a while but shows Kristy whilw learning wheeles her first few weeks in the truck.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hP9fJ3x_A"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Later
Don

BuddyRo

I think the best ones are the faster ones, not touching the tailgate, balancing on the rear wheels. Sorta like Farrel did at Atlanta this past season.

Linsey once told me he didnt think the one in outlaw was near as far as in jurassic.
Don,

You been in Pomona... I think its not 600 feet long that the trucks run on.. I don't think it was 602 feet. I wasn't there that night but It will be tough for that long in that space. What do you think?

When you guys were at the LA County fair and Victorville.. She was trying.. I would to see how she can do now with more seat time... btw See you in Anahiem!!!

CPE MT

With a couple of exceptions, it would pretty much have to be a fast/power wheelie if you're going to pull it off without dragging the wheelie bar.

Personally, I'm a fan of the standing start power wheelie and riding a good slap wheelie without dragging the rear of the truck.

Don

here is a couple of standing start ones from Nathan in 2006 Saskatoon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_4k0A8yMQ"]YouTube - Freestyle of Jurassic Attack - Saskatoon, SK Feb 18, 2006[/ame]