More Madrid Restaurant pictures

chryco63

Was in Ville de Qu?bec for a few days last week, and noticed these on the way back home. I've searched here on the site and found that many of you are alert to their whereabouts.

Was not Top Gun one of the tanks on the '88 Tour in Ontario which was released on video by GO Productions? I have both the '87 Fergus show and the '88 tour on video, but both are at my parent's house and I can't reference them at the moment.

They all are definitely in a sad state of affairs, but I do think that if the Arel's ever decided to do the right thing and sell, they would be relatively simple (but not easy) restorations.

Enjoy!

RebelReaper

WHYYY do they let these vehicles get to this point!? For the most part they're intact. All need motors and probably every hose imaginable. Bodies are workable. Are they willing to sell of any the tanks?

RnW 13

These surprisingly look salvagable. I actually thought they'd be in way worse condition too. Not in great condition either though, but still better than some of whats been popping up over the past few years.

MCMsports

guy who owns that place buys them parks them and lets them rot its the graveyard for MTs and he wont sell

chryco63

These surprisingly look salvagable. I actually thought they'd be in way worse condition too. Not in great condition either though, but still better than some of whats been popping up over the past few years.
After having just had a close-up view yesterday, they definitely are salvageable. However, it's possible that, with the state that they're in now, one would just be rebuilding the trucks much as they were originally built -- from scratch. I think the sheetmetal and the drivetrains would require the most work, and, like someone else said, certainly all soft parts susceptible to corrosion or deterioration.

Not having known of their whereabouts beforehand, I had to do a quadruple-take when I saw SOG sitting by the side of the highway. It was quite an exciting find, and if I had been a bit drowsy before, I certainly wasn't afterward for the rest of the drive back to MTL.

FlyinBryan

Spare Time has actually been moved since I seen it sitting at the Madrid last year. I'm sure it was drug by chain to its new resting spot.

There is very very very little that is usable from these, they've been sitting unprotected for 15+ years. The hotel / gas station / truck stop is right on the highway between Montreal and Quebec City. The trucks/tanks sit near the highway and they're just used as a way to attract people/truckers to stop in. So they serve their purpose.

The original Superfoot sits on 10 foot tires and is rotting away. Superfoot was the original Canadian monster truck back in 1983 and has a lot of cool history behind it, and its left to rot. That's just the way it is.

martensauto

tanks

he wont sell, says they are never for sale. says they attract too much attention to sell them.

I want that top gun tank so bad as well but a no go.

anyone want his contact info to bug him. i have it

AvengerFan86

Race Team - Virginia Beach Beast
"he wont sell, says they are never for sale. says they attract too much attention to sell them.
I want that top gun tank so bad as well but a no go.
anyone want his contact info to bug him. i have it"

I dont want to by the chassis its self just inter parts that will not effect what they ware used for now so I can get extra parts for mine.

RnW 13

http://www.manoir-bigfoot.com/english/home.html

I think the Dinosaurs and Super Foot draw the attention the most, the fact that the truck is almost as tall as a dino is amazing in the fact itself.

If he doesn't sell them, he should atleast attempt to repaint and or repair them, make them look somewhat presentable. I wouldn't stay at a hotel with monster trucks rotting around the parking lot, because if they allow there attractions to rot, what makes there rooms any better? or there cafe? or anything else they offer for that matter.

Daniel G

http://www.manoir-bigfoot.com/english/home.html

I think the Dinosaurs and Super Foot draw the attention the most, the fact that the truck is almost as tall as a dino is amazing in the fact itself.

If he doesn't sell them, he should atleast attempt to repaint and or repair them, make them look somewhat presentable. I wouldn't stay at a hotel with monster trucks rotting around the parking lot, because if they allow there attractions to rot, what makes there rooms any better? or there cafe? or anything else they offer for that matter.
To answer you, their restaurant is very good and have a good reputation. Their prices are reasonable and their pizza is -excellent-. The bar is clean and they present monster truck action on big screen. I can't tell about the motel, I never try it.

The trucks rot in place but they do their job. Kids want to stop so you can eat, put gaz, buy anything in the depanneur, play some arcade game, kids can play xbox/nintendo while you eat something, see real scale dinosaurs and see a little farm (not sure the farm is still there).

Anyway, the place is placed between the 2 main cities and a lot of people stop to take a break. And the kids can play around. Monster truck or not, people will stop by anyway.

Hope you will change your mind...

And for your information, they put the Super Toy for sale in the quebec4x4 forum a couple years ago. They asked 8000$ for it!!! Don't need to tell you they never sell it!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stormrider_67

Wow... i'm so sad to see Tura's Goliath in that shape. I always loved his trucks/tanks... thats really sad. It appears salvagable, but just so upsetting. I know its a promo piece but come on.