Not many new posts lately?

RyanRoberts

Yea pretty much the Era of Monster Mayhem has peaked I'd imagine despite how many daily views it may recieve. Kinda sad to tell the truth. Shoot this is my first post on here in I dont know how long! Mayhem is no longer on my list of daily visits. Sometimes bearly once a week now. With Facebook, Twitter and Other forms of Social Media the forums are outdated it seems. Also Monster Truck Radio is back with two episodes a month. These days thats how you stay posted in the world of Monster Trucks. I dont say any of this to bash at all, as personally I've enjoyed this site. Its helped me go so far in the industry I love.

One suggestion that could to a certain extent revive Mayhem possibly would be to have an Event database/calendar thats updated often seeing as how the Monster Blog is no longer running one.

stormrider_67

Its all reverted to social media, I agree.
Since I do not belong to any of those sites, it really sucks for me. I can see public pages, but a lot is for members only.

ROADSIDE

I imagine the lack of post is cause so many political bla-bla. social media I don't have at all, to many weirdos and perves there. this site is where I gotten a sshit load help and building advice/friends/parts. I would say is a good site. im just saying :confused:

Wrench

I think we need to just get the word out to people. Let people know we are here and are die hard mt fans.

General Havoc

To Wrench: At one point, there actually was a Monster Mayhem monster truck; but I never saw it anywhere. Don't remember if it was a limited time thing or not. Someone can back me up here. I'd love it if the truck were actually ran. I still got my shirt!

As for the dying posts; it's all social media sites now. Somehow over this summer specifically, a lot of groups popped up all over Facebook primarily. I actually hate it because NONE of the info is organized and you (from what I've determined) are not able to search any posts for info. I remember someone let me know Rick Raab's info (so I could try to hire the Cadiac Arrest truck for a halloween display), but I forgot to write it down and the post was just gone in seconds. There's also a ton of weird feelings about the board; and you probably won't find anyone willing to poke that with a stick. I love this board; it's the one website where I finally was able to see the other side and connect with more MT fans.

Steven

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Being I own the site, the Monster Mayhem truck was mine and there are pictures in the gallery of it.
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/1304
Beyond any shadow of a dought it was possibly the most expensive paint job ever laid down on a monster truck. Pictures never did it justice. I used it purley for displays due to the cost. For various reasons (still makes me sick to my stomach) the paint job had to be destroyed and seeing as I sold Black Widow there was no longer a chassis to run it on anyways. The chassis is the oldest continuously run truck in the world as it is still running today. And after 20 years I am truck-less.

As for this site, it is the largest monster truck related site in the world. And yes we gave up some traffic to social media, but the site will for ever remain online and I still have a few things up my sleeve. It will just take me some time as I need to upgrade the server's core software in order to do what I want...

To Wrench: At one point, there actually was a Monster Mayhem monster truck; but I never saw it anywhere. Don't remember if it was a limited time thing or not. Someone can back me up here. I'd love it if

the truck were actually ran. I still got my shirt!

As for the dying posts; it's all social media sites now. Somehow over this summer specifically, a lot of groups popped up all over Facebook primarily. I actually hate it because NONE of the info is organized and you (from what I've determined) are not able to search any posts for info. I remember someone let me know Rick Raab's info (so I could try to hire the Cadiac Arrest truck for a halloween display), but I forgot to write it down and the post was just gone in seconds. There's also a ton of weird feelings about the board; and you probably won't find anyone willing to poke that with a stick. I love this board; it's the one website where I finally was able to see the other side and connect with more MT fans.