NY Balloon Festival

monstermaniac

Is anybody else going to this??? I know Gun Slinger and Cowboy are gonna be there...but any others??? I'll be there on Saturday. Last year they had 4 truck and this year they downgraded to two...unless there are trucks I don't know about.

monstermaniac

August 8th - the 10th, 2 shows a day. If its the same as last year the shows will be at 2:00 and 6:00 with an autograph session after the second show. I was happy w/ just Gun Slinger & Cowboy (especially since I hadn't seen em' this year) but Mopar Magic and Stone Crusher?!?! WOW!

honda50r

You must hook us up with pictures! Looks like a great show. If Glen Logan is driving. Your in for 4 great drivers! Glen has improved greatly

monstermaniac

Last year they had 4 trucks aswell but they had wheelie competition, qualifying, racing and freestyle. I hope they do that again. And last year they has bleachers...I hope we don't have to bring our own seats. But I guess if anybody goes on Friday...can you fill us in so I know if I should bring a seat???

TNTmonstertruck

they called us a few times about having the truck there. first they were looking for a ride truck then anohter race truck i wasnt going to rush to get it done for a race there. then they wanted us to put the truck on display there. then they wanted to charge us 2500 bucks for a spot for the truck? a lot of people went to this fest last year and complained abut how much they charged for everything.. so im not sure how big the turn out will be with how much gas jumped up since last years show...it kinda sucks but this is only the 2nd time a year monsters come to long island.... but anyone who lives here knows how strict the towns and counties are with everything. we live on a **** island and can only drive on a hand full of beaches lol and even those beaches most have a tire size limit of 33"..

JAdamz

even those beaches most have a tire size limit of 33"..
Did they used to allow larger than that (to your knowledge)? I remember going to Smiths Point years ago in the early 90's and I remember always seeing several big-tire trucks hanging out. Of course times have changed and half of the beach there is washed away now so you don't really see much of that anymore...

monstermaniac

"Monster Trucks Unlimited will have three trucks in NY next weekend. Sims in SC, CVH in MM and yours truely in the 3rd truck."
Double BO said this in the Eldora thread but I didn't want to interrupt that thread and start talking about this NY show again. Does anyone know if this is accurate???Because someone else said it would be Simms and Wiggins...