Truck Related Official Old School Pic Thread

Ridge Runner

Wonder if Flyin-Hi Off Road had anything to do with the build of this one. ( Meant to post this with the Maui Monster pic.):rolleyes::eek: A bit more chrome and paint, you'd almost would've had an exact replica.
Any idea if it still exisits, anyone?

Kong

Wonder if Flyin-Hi Off Road had anything to do with the build of this one. ( Meant to post this with the Maui Monster pic.):rolleyes::eek: A bit more chrome and paint, you'd almost would've had an exact replica.
Any idea if it still exisits, anyone?
I could be wrong but I understand that Fly N Hi is now in Mexico, It was renamed Big Show and was in a bad accident in Oct. 2013.

8 people were killed and dozens injured. I think that there's a thread about it here on this forum.

Ridge Runner

Wonder why Excalaber was sitting on the axles and hubs like this ? Clearence issues in getting inside the arena/stadium? Was this a common practice back then?

- - - Updated - - -

Now THAT"S an awesome way to get to your still up in the hills, or down in the holler !! Who drove this for the movie? Was it built from scratch, or from an existing truck? Seems I remember it being mentioned on here, No Problem 2 was used to build this. Orrrr, am I thinking of a different truck for a different movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be wrong but I understand that Fly N Hi is now in Mexico, It was renamed Big Show and was in a bad accident in Oct. 2013.

8 people were killed and dozens injured. I think that there's a thread about it here on this forum.

Hope it doesn't get scrapped. Don't misunderstand, what happened was tragic.

DiggerFan

Now THAT"S an awesome way to get to your still up in the hills, or down in the holler !! Who drove this for the movie? Was it built from scratch, or from an existing truck? Seems I remember it being mentioned on here, No Problem 2 was used to build this. Orrrr, am I thinking of a different truck for a different movie.
If I remember correctly, the chassis under the "Beverly Hillbillies" monster truck was originally Jerry Richmond's "Lethal Weapon" truck. It also ran as one of the Skoal/Copenhagen Crusher trucks (under the ownership of Golden State Promotions), before it was rebuilt for the movie.