Info *Official* Southern Sunshine Thread

G-MAN

Thank each and everyone of you for following this wonderful life history thread. You all learned a lot about the history and the restoration of these trucks. Our crew and friends of SSR would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Glenn

G-MAN

Southern Sunshine Racing's NEW wall of honor is in progress, in dedication to My dad and Mart. I started on it a couple weeks ago, but weather has delayed a lot of progress. Will be finished soon and of course pictures coming your way.

G-MAN

Southern Sunshine made the big show Friday and Saturday, Where we posted the American flag for Monster X. Ol Skool made it back into an arena thanks to Jeff Richards and Colby Marshall. You guys just made our lives complete! Very Emotional, and 3 generations came in with me. Myself, Son Jason and grandson Ayden. It was Special!

Superpeterbilt

Just checked them out. Great pics! Looked like a defining moment. Im a little surprised that monster jam made time for an old school truck.Im sure Mart, and the rest of the Louisiana old school fans were proud to see that truck roll out. I wish I could have been there.So they couldnt even duck tape a body together for grave digger to run?

Paul4x4

Im a little surprised that monster jam made time for an old school truck. So they couldnt even duck tape a body together for grave digger to run?
That's not Monster Jam, but Monster X Tour, so I doubt that the truck with the green chassis even is an actual Digger! And only Dennis Anderson has green beadlocks on his truck, and this one didn't even have beadlocks, and only the outer part of the rims are painted green. And there isn't an X-brace on the drivers side which is typical for a grave digger chassis, because diggers have functional driver's door, and the x-brace helps the driver to get out of the truck...

But it's truly awesome to see Southern Sunshine in its natural habitat!:cool:

And btw, thanks a lot Glenn for letting monster blog do the interview with you!:)

G-MAN

Between Jeff Richards and the awesome crowd we had, When we rolled out, it was deafening! It was inspiring to all of us. And all in Mart's Honor!

DiggerFan

Those pictures are awesome, it's great to see the Southern Sunshine out on the track!

Just checked them out. Great pics! Looked like a defining moment. Im a little surprised that monster jam made time for an old school truck.Im sure Mart, and the rest of the Louisiana old school fans were proud to see that truck roll out. I wish I could have been there.So they couldnt even duck tape a body together for grave digger to run?
The truck with the green chassis is not a Grave Digger, but the new "Identity Theft" monster truck.

G-MAN

Identity Theft was a very cool ride, it looked like a dune buggy on steroids. Sure was nice to meet all the drivers. Darren and his wife were great and when we found out Sunshine had to be parked outside the Civic Center, Sudden Impact and Project X came to the rescue and we parked by them for the night. That is the first time in probably 30 years that she had to sleep outdoors! WOW

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to forget American Grafitti and Reverse Racer also!

Ridge Runner

Y'all got any snow on the ground? Durn this cold weather. Least she didn't have to be out in that. Always look forward to the further adventures of SSR.

G-MAN

I realize that we are about to smoke this site, After careful planning and thinking, and also due to property sells, CAJUN KING is going to a new owner. This person will have it televised and still keep the dream alive. We do not have many choices because we are on commercial property. I will let you know soon where it is going and where it can be seen. Thank all of you for your support. Glenn

jktremor81

As much as I hate to hear that news, I totally understand your decision! I hate it that it even came to parting ways with CK! Will its upkeep still be maintained, as well as it has been all these years, buy the new owner? I'd hate to see anything happen to such a monster marvel as The Cajun King!!! God Bless all y'all at SSR from this ol' boy in West Virginia!!!

G-MAN

I was promised twice by the new owner that it will never change and only go about 300 yards to it's destination at shows. I would not let go of one of our prized trucks unless I knew the owner and what are their intentions.

jktremor81

I'm glad CK found a good home then. Hopefully you'll get regular visits!!! Thank you for taking time to answer my post G MAN! God Bless you and Team SSR!!!