Info *Official* Southern Sunshine Thread

G-MAN

My sincere thanks goes out to the Monster Mayhem Board and all members for having a great site to promote ol skool trucks and their history. Without this site, it would be very hard to reach out to the public and people that love Monster Trucking in general. Thank you also for all the friends I have made in our endeavors,hardships and a great deal of fun. Without you, this never would have happened. Glenn

Ridge Runner

And my thanks go to you, Matt I. and the rest of the SS/CK crew for restoring and sharing 2 important pieces of monster truck history. Y'all really accomplished so much and brought great people together. I truly believe Mart and Paw-Paw would be proud. Just because you had to find new homes for SS and CK doesn't mean the adventures are over, just means there are new ones on the way. Hopefully, TX Terror will continue to keep us posted with the going ons here on Mayhem, remember, not everybody's on FB Again, many thanks for everything y'all've done for " Old-School" Monster Trucks. Don't be a stranger here, all the best.

SOUTHERN SUNSHINE AND CAJUN KING FOREVER !!!!!

Terry "Ridge Runner" York
Jacksonville, FL.

TXTERROR

SS is doing fine and has been a big hit in our area.It was the main attraction at my hometowns Halloween Carnival and was a big draw for my haunted attraction.Right now plans are to do some upkeep on the truck this winter and hopefully fix my pesky tire problem and overheating issue as soon as I get some days off from work.My plans are to keep it original but I am also able to change its appearance up in a day and call it "Southern Nightmare" for a few events.I am aware of an older red ford that ran the name back in the 80's but as far as I know it is now demolished.I wanted to keep the Southern name and also use Nightmare to promote my haunted house."Southern Nightmare Motorsports Home Of The Legendary Southern Sunshine Monster Truck" is how I am advertising it.Thanks to Glenn for allowing me to buy it and fulfill a lifelong dream.We have all gained many friends since the trucks were brought back in 2010.Long live SS!

Ridge Runner

Sounds like y'all've had quite a time. I'm guessing the best is yet to come. Hope you might post some pics or video in the near future on MM or Tube. Thanks for keeping us here on MM in the loop.

G-MAN

After a terrible family tragedy, I have not been thinking about getting on this site. Thanks goes to Gary and Matt to keep this thread going because if Mart knew there were 235,000 views, he would freak out. My family and I hope to be better someday, but with the loss of our daughter, the creator of the DVD The Dream Lives On, it is very tough. There are only about 15-20 copies of the video out there and I hope one day the rest of y'all can see it. It is awesome! Because of music rights that is why it is not out. She did an awesome job! We love you guys and gals and hope to be back soon!

Ridge Runner

Very sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you can take some comfort in knowing that Mart and Paw-Paw are with her, and the 3 of them will be watching over y'all.
Take care.

G-MAN

Thanks Ridge Runner, We will be in touch soon. In the meantime TX Terror owns Southern Sunshine and doing great with her.

G-MAN

WOW! Guess who is in the house? G-MAN wanted to wish every one Happy Holidays from all of us at SS/CK crew and owners. You got the last scoop and still mourning and trying to help her children out. We love you guys and gals, so for TX Terror/SS, please keep this going! May a ray of Southern Sunshine always be on your shoulders.

Ridge Runner

WOW !!! Long time no see. Glad to know you re still with us. I've missed hearing about SS n CK.
I hope thing are getting better for you and yours. Merry Christmas to all.

Ridge Runner

Looks like I was the last one here. And that was a year ago. Guess I may have to break down and join FB. I just got the Greenlight version of Southern Sunshine, pretty happy with it. Not 100% accurate, but pretty cool, they made the interior in red. Would love to get a couple signed by G-Man and TXTERROR. Guess I'll look into that. Hope that everyone had a Merry and Joyful Christmas and can look forward to an Happy and Joyful New Year in 2020. Peace and Goodwill to All !!

G-MAN

Looks like I was the last one here. And that was a year ago. Guess I may have to break down and join FB. I just got the Greenlight version of Southern Sunshine, pretty happy with it. Not 100% accurate, but pretty cool, they made the interior in red. Would love to get a couple signed by G-Man and TXTERROR. Guess I'll look into that. Hope that everyone had a Merry and Joyful Christmas and can look forward to an Happy and Joyful New Year in 2020. Peace and Goodwill to All !!
Hey Ridge Runner, Good to hear from you, I have not been here in a long time. You have been with us a long time and I thank you for that and I know we would sign a truck for you anytime! I am now force retired and do not spend a lot of time here on this site, but I will do my best to get a message. I am so thrilled that there is a model of SS. Thanks to TX Terror! Did you see our video on you tube The dream lives on I hope so!