Outside of the Starbird's muesuem (pics)

gmtgmt

i sent them a email yesterday and asked why they werent cared for
and this is what i got
we are a 510C-3 non profit museum and do not have the funds to restore but if you want to campaign for funds to restore the trucks it would certainly be appreciated. There is no room for them inside but they are pressure washed and cleaned at intervals. Thanks for your concern.
:D

Tim Dudley

Hey ask them see how much it would be restore them or see if local Tech. School would clean them up?

Your friend,
Tim

blade

now what?

Well everyone has been wanting to know why cliff just leaves his trucks like that and thanks to GMTGMT you have your answer .now the ball is in your court, are you going to help him raise enough money to save them or not?

theace27

I just an email from a good buddy of mine who had been kicking around the idea of approaching the Starbird's about selling Frankenstein. He wrote them a nice email showing concern for the trucks state and showed interested in buying one of them. You know what he got emailed back to him? A one word answer of $200,000.00!!!! Talk about rude, not a hello thanks for your concern but the trucks aren't for sale or let talk about what kind of offer you have to buy Frankenstein.. Talk about jerks.

#1 If they think any of those trucks are worth that kind of money that is fine but they don't have to A-holes about it.

#2 There must be some killer drugs out in Oklahoma to make someone think that a rusted out old Monster Truck with flat tires and 2 tons of bird dung is worth almost a 1/4 of a million dollars. I might be way out in left field here by saying this but I think that 10 grand is about all that either of those trucks are worth at this point. What do you guys think?

gmtgmt

my gess is they wont sell them. if they were donated by cliff if they woundt sell them so they wound be parted out or scraped.
thats what i think

jeb134

I think 10 grand is what all of them combined are worth at this point, looks like they're content with just letting them decay in front of the museum, too bad.

jetmonkeyj

I just an email from a good buddy of mine who had been kicking around the idea of approaching the Starbird's about selling Frankenstein. He wrote them a nice email showing concern for the trucks state and showed interested in buying one of them. You know what he got emailed back to him? A one word answer of $200,000.00!!!! Talk about rude, not a hello thanks for your concern but the trucks aren't for sale or let talk about what kind of offer you have to buy Frankenstein.. Talk about jerks.

#1 If they think any of those trucks are worth that kind of money that is fine but they don't have to A-holes about it.

#2 There must be some killer drugs out in Oklahoma to make someone think that a rusted out old Monster Truck with flat tires and 2 tons of bird dung is worth almost a 1/4 of a million dollars. I might be way out in left field here by saying this but I think that 10 grand is about all that either of those trucks are worth at this point. What do you guys think?
Well, we now know that buying the trucks are out of the question.:rolleyes:

I wonder if that answer was just a way of saying there not for sale and to stop pestering us about the trucks, or they were serious and wanted $200,000. Either way that answer is pretty inappropriate.

GTScottL

What a bummer......

Man, I have to agree with the fact, that non-profit or not, there could be at least a bit a more care taken care of these machines. Why couldn't they be covered? It is shameful to let this happen to ANY vehicle much less 3 classic monsters! You would think that the Starbird's, even if they are not interested in Monster Trucks would at least be proud of the legacy they left and show these machines the respect and love they deserve..... :mad:

jetmonkeyj

Just wondering, is there anyone in the museums area that might volunteer to clean the trucks up a bit? I would love to but where I live I might as well be in the arctic.;) Just an idea though

theace27

I agree GTLScottL. For Sale or not these guys need to address the emails they recieve with a bit more class. First impressions go along way. I have never personally met the Starbirds but after the way they treated my buddy I have a good opinion on what kind of people they are. In my opinion not good business practice. Just the sight alone of those truck rotting in front of a museum isn't the best sort of advertisement... again not wise business practice.

Firehawk85

I agree GTLScottL. For Sale or not these guys need to address the emails they recieve with a bit more class. First impressions go along way. I have never personally met the Starbirds but after the way they treated my buddy I have a good opinion on what kind of people they are. In my opinion not good business practice. Just the sight alone of those truck rotting in front of a museum isn't the best sort of advertisement... again not wise business practice.
Hmmm just a thought....Could perhaps the reason it is a non profit museum be because of the attitude they have toward others??? Based on the replys people have posted on here I'd say this is a very good possibility

adam tereska

The Starbirds want people coming to their museum but they act like they are better than the rest of the world; arrogant and narsasistic. I would not want to go to this museum if this is how the curators are going to behave. I am disgusted with stuff like this; just digusted. The WORST part of it all is people want to buy the vehicles to restore in their honor. Maybe it's me, but the norm is one appreciates the fans who still remember them and do what they can to maintain a good impression. The Starbirds obviously need a lesson in poise and integraty.

theace27

The Starbirds want people coming to their museum but they act like they are better than the rest of the world; arrogant and narsasistic. I would not want to go to this museum if this is how the curators are going to behave. I am disgusted with stuff like this; just digusted. The WORST part of it all is people want to buy the vehicles to restore in their honor. Maybe it's me, but the norm is one appreciates the fans who still remember them and do what they can to maintain a good impression. The Starbirds obviously need a lesson in poise and integraty.
Adam, that is worth a big HIGH 5!! Well put my friend.

HeartbeatFan

For the record, when I was there taking the pics, My dad and I talked with the Daryl's Wife before going into the museum and she was very nice and filled me in on some things. After taking the tour, we asked if it would be alright to go back to Daryl's shop behind the museum and talk to him. We went back there and it was a blast to talk to Daryl. He was very nice and took the time from working on one of his famous old hot rods. I cannot vouch though on dealing with them over the phone or computer. Trevor

dave3BA

Maybe one of the most heartfelt things we could do would be to simply print this thread out, put it in an envelope and send it to Cliff and/or Daryl. It's a federal offense for anyone else to open it, they may realize there are still people out there that want to see these trucks, and it could even spark some cherished memories from them. Just a thought.

GTScottL

Memories....

I am sure the Starbird's are real nice people. As we all know things on the internet can sometimes be interpreted incorrectly. I think dave3BA has a real good idea. ****, I was thinking it would be a real cool road trip to go down there from here in Michigan and help clean them up with a group of people. :) -Scott L. :)