Outside of the Starbird's muesuem (pics)

theace27

Maybe my buddy caught Daryl on a bad day or something, all I know is I would never respond to an email in that kind of fashion regardless if I thought the truck was worth that or not. In the last year or so I have thought it would be a fun road trip down there to see the trucks in person. It might be a good idea to do what Dave has suggested. Maybe with enough people letting them know that those trucks should be taken care of it might happen. Even if they don't have the money to restore them they could at least get them into stoage to stop them from getting any worse. Even though no matter where they put them the rust will continue to spread but at least try to slow the process down. I would prefer them offer them at a decent price to some of the people on here who have showed interest in owning them. I know some people have posted what they think the trucks are worth. I would like to hear from some of you guys in what you think they are worth.

gmtgmt

frankinstien i think is worth like 20000-25000 will make a good ride truck :p
Monster Vette about the same
Wild Stang about 30000-35000

they are more show then race MTs

adam tereska

Adam, that is worth a big HIGH 5!! Well put my friend.
Thanks for the accolade. I was talking to Kid Rarig last July about Thunder Chicken and suggested he put a 'glass Dodge Ram club cab longbed body on the truck. When I brought up the question verifying he still had the 440 Dodge in it, the surprise look on his face was precious. As with Starbird's vehicles, I'd love to own Thunder Chicken.

propuller

I just dont understand why these guys want to keep them,but do nothing with them.If these trucks are so sentamental they would not be left out to just rot.It seems like a ton of people would kill to have them but they wont sell them or for that matter ----store tham correctly.

adam tereska

I just dont understand why these guys want to keep them,but do nothing with them.If these trucks are so sentamental they would not be left out to just rot.It seems like a ton of people would kill to have them but they wont sell them or for that matter ----store tham correctly.
I am with you, man; I am so with you.

TNTmonstertruck

i dont think any of those trucks are worth more than 10,000 look at the shape they are in i doubt they run or even move.. just look at all the bird crap piled up inside them. ive seen less bird crap on a channel marker in the sound...

Hey guys, this is the thread I will put pics up of my trip down to the Starbird's muesuem to get an up close and personal view of Frankenstein, Monster Vette, and Wild Stang. I tried to take very good pics of all the trucks this time to help out anyone that was curious what these truck's conditions were. It is very tough to see them like this, but it didn't sound like Cliff Starbird would sell them from what his mom told us. Now Daryl said that "money talks" whether or not Cliff would sell them. We talked to Daryl about a lot of different automotive things and we got to talk about the trucks. He said that they were Cliff's and you would have to talk to him about all of it. Daryl did say something that was pretty neat, he said that Cliff and him went and seen Bigfoot back in like '78. Daryl told Cliff "that shouldn't be too hard to make" and they went home and created Frankenstein. Daryl believes he built the second made monster truck after Bigfoot. Now I am not writing all of this so we can make comments about Daryl's knowledge, I am writing this because he took the time to talk to us about it. He was a very nice man to have a conversation with, especially when we went out in his garage where he was working on restoring one of his famous rods back to how he first did it. Daryl's wife, or Cliff's mom, told us that Barry Wentz was Cliff's brother-in-law at the time and drove with Cliff. Barry was in fact the driver when the infamous roll happened in Wild Stang up in Canada. Barry did pass away she said. I didn't ask about the Pedro looking man on Return of the Monster Trucks, so sorry about that. Anyway, I am posting a teaser pic up until I can get back up to my cpu at school because it takes to long here at my folk's place. Will post the rest by Sunday evening. Oh, and Mike (Ace27), I got you covered with very detailed photos of interior, drivetrain, etc. on these trucks. Trevor