Partial Lima Results-Friday Night

AmandaW

Mark Hall defeated Doug Noelke in Round 1, Grave Digger in Round 2 (Charlie P) and Bigfoot in the finals.

Geremie Dishman defeated War Wagon in Round 1 and was defeated by Bigfoot in Round 2.

They currently have the rear end apart in Bigfoot. No additional information available.

Dave Collard

Few news and notes from Rhodes from earlier today:

Foot 16 flipped over after a slap wheelie attempt with a backup driver in it (name unknown to me at this time), for whatever reason Runte was not in the seat.

Instigator popped the engine.

Digger and Chuckie had some nice full course high speed wheelies but had electrical problems that didn't let them race.

71m07hySm17h

According to the blog Dan injured his back racing and did not make FS. Driver was Bryan Bertoletti. Will this event be televised on the Outdoor Channel?

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Digger and Chuckie had some nice full course high speed wheelies but had electrical problems that didn't let them race
HAH!! More like the LN contract won't let them race in front of ESPN cameras. Fact.

Jason Twite

Freelancer
I'll get some pictures up here tonight, but, Saturday it was Hall over Dishman in the first event and then Hall took the 5:00 show win as well, can't remember who he beat though off-hand. I got it all on tape/photos. The evening show was all Freestyle.

Bigfoot broke something after the second jump which appeared to allow fuel to splash up into the cab and into Bryan's face. I say it was fuel for the fact it was seen splashing out from under the front of the truck after the jump, Bryan immediately needed water poured into his eyes and he was sent over to the ambulance but walked away from there minutes later. The truck was started back up and driven off without problems.

I was not there Sunday but Josh Rhodes informed me that Dishman beat Pauken in the finals and Freestyle was full of slap wheelies.

freakshow

That is one very good reason to have the fuel cell in the rear. Sorry to hear that about Bryan and hope all is well

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Beerman, if you'd like to dig up a counter-source who will deny that, I'd certainly like to read it and would apologize and recant my statement.

But, becuase you probably won't except my sources as credible, I'll track one down and post it here.

Masters Entertainment Group (not ESPN as I previously said, as the footage is for World of Trucks on The Outdoor Channel and potentially the MOTHER'S Wax&Polish car show on ESPN) shot only the racing portion of the first Saturday show and because of that, Digger sat out. After the cameras went away, Digger was allowed to play.

JoshDIGRhodes

Lima

I wasn't at the show friday. Saturday though seemed to be very stressful for the drivers. Two shows in one day is where it should end, 3 is a bit much on those guys. Saturday saw more Raminator Dominace in racing, winning both racing events that day, each time taking out Dishman in the finals. Freestyle(which i took video of, will be up on ALLMONSTER.COM soon hopfully.) saw alot of Slap Wheelies from the likes of Charlie Pauken's Grave Digger 15, and Doug Noelke and Big Dawg. One fact that hasn't been mentioned here i don't think is that Lima saw the return to announcing monster trucks for one Army Armstrong, who i sat down with for an interview that will also be going up on Allmonster soon. Saturdays first show saw the first roll of the newly completed Bigfoot 16. Brian had an amazing slap wheelie, upon landing from the wheelie i don't think he let off the throttle much before he hit the car stack. It launched up kind of like Blue Thunder at the final Pontiac silverdome show. It landed on the left rear which kicked the truck violently to the right and there was no saving it.

Funny notes from the weekend:

One Team Ram crew member stated that Grave Digger 15 was a patrick, not a Race Source chassis.

Andy Hoffman thought that the racing course wasn't even when i spoke with him saturday morning. Then upon talking to Mark Hall and others, the track was perfectly even for them and they had no problems.

Also, to state my opinion on the case about Grave Digger not being able to be shown on ESPN. Army stated over the PA System "Grave Digger had electrical problems and would not make round 1, but would be back for freestyle." After saying that, they moved #15 over by where Sgt. Smash was parked. I personally did not see anyone work on that truck at all while it was sitting there. This racing event was the only one taped by ESPN on the weekend i believe. The cameras were off for the remainder of the weekend during racing atleast. So this leads me to believe that the whole story about Digger not being on ESPN, is because LN doesn't want it there. Also, to comment on this further. I remember hearing Scott Douglass telling everyone on one Monster Jam episode, sorry i don't remember which one it was, that people shouldn't go to the "cheap immatation" shows. This also makes me believe that LN doesn't want their Star Truck featured on the "2nd Rate Show."

Another thing, a GREAT weekend of tuff truck racing. Although one accident really scared me for the drivers sakes. It was the stock division. This blue ford had ALOT of rebound in the rear. I had watched this truck all weekend and knew before the weekend out that something bad was going to happen if he were to floor it over any jump. Sure enough, last jump of the weekend, he endo's it. He is ok as far as i know, but i'd like to find out that drivers name, so if anybody knows please inform me. The Bully Dog modified tuff truck also suffered a hard endoverend rollover right before the last Monster Truck show of the weekend.

All in all, I had alot of fun this weekend. Jason, your dad is one great guy to just sit and BS with. Thanks to Jeremy for driving me to the event as well. Look for some updates on Allmonster.com hopfully soon.

Dig out.

AmandaW

It landed on the left rear which kicked the truck violently to the right and there was no saving it.
To Bryan's credit, he hasn't driven anything in literally 3 years. They took him back to the pits between racing and freestyle to get his driving suit to take over during freestyle. They are using the same relief valve on the rear of Bigfoot 16 that the HBR trucks use and getting the adjustment correct can take some time. The same valve is what caused the Raminator that Dale drives to do some crazy stuff earlier this year during the winter season (and also gave the opportunity for the crazy shots in Columbus with the truck on its side). Reportedly, Dan was still not feeling too well yesterday and was planning on going to the doctor when they got back to St Louis.

JoshDIGRhodes

Lima

Brian did a great job filling in i thought. Aside from the roll. It was a terrible weekend for Bigfoot though. A rollover, a driver injury, fuel in Brians eyes, and i think an axle went away on 16 friday.

chopper

and youre source is?
Here's an example.

The Producers of this video regret that we were unable to get permission from the owners of "Gravedigger" to show it's image in this video.

We would like to thank all those owners who did grant us permission.

32nd Annual Memorial Total Off Road Rally, Monsters at Memorial. Dresser, Wi

All profits from the sale of this video go to the Minnesota Four Wheel Drive Association, a non-profit organization: "An association of organized people and groups concerned with Off Roading in the state of Minnesota."

As it turns out "Gravedigger" was the only truck they could'nt get permission for. All other trucks that were at this event are on this video, including Bigfoot.

Last edited:

TNTmonstertruck

and why do you think that was?... anyone?...... they are into MONEY not monster trucks... if they were getting paid some ungodly amount im sure it would have been ok to tape it.....

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Have to prove the other side wrong at times to get to the truth, too.

Anyway, If there are people at SE or LN who wish to step up and clear the air, then please do either publicly or through an email. For right now, we've seen some backup to the "stories" already and I'm awaiting further confirmation from some other individuals. If you want to chalk this up to the rumor bin, go for it, and let's see how many agree.