Peterborough this weekend

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by ThePunisher, May 25, 2010.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. May 25, 2010 #1

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

2. May 25, 2010 #2

KD58

KD58

KD58

Oh, c'mon now. I seriously doubt there is going to be an actual Terminator-esque robot there. Sheesh.

-kd

3. May 25, 2010 #3

behabran

behabran

behabran

I'm going to all three shows! gunna be awesome. :D

4. May 26, 2010 #4

behabran

behabran

behabran

anyone know what Chris Arel Motorsports means by:

"The Punisher himself will be there in Peterborough for a Monster Show."

May that have something to do with the terminator robot on the poster?

5. May 26, 2010 #5

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

Strange having 2 promoters holding shows the same weekend in the same city I suppose it's cheeper having the trucks already there..and the Speedway is outside of the city but not by much, I will say Peterborough Speedway is not promoting the event at all though...seems a bit sketchy to me, hard to get people out to a show there is basically no advertising for.

I debated on checking out the show Saturday Afternoon in Peterborough..then making the drive to Sunset Speedway up in Innisfil. but with work on Saturday it's impossible to make the afternoon show. Racing wins for me so you'll see me at the track Saturday Night, really wish they had a Sunday Afternoon show that would be sweet!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. May 26, 2010 #6

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Interesting Sledge Motorsports is holding their show the day before Edge Motorsports

Interesting Sledge Motorsports is advertising Bounty Hunter AND Avenger along with FMX Backflip

Interesting Sledge Motorsports is advertising $10 tickets

Interesting there is almost no information on the show outside of this poster

The Punisher will be there in the form of a 10 foot tall robotic killing machine

7. May 27, 2010 #7

behabran

behabran

behabran

Avenger
    Bounty Hunter
    Shock Therapy
    Excaliber
    and more..
    all confirmed, This is shaping up to be a better line up than Toronto! but then again Toronto always gets the short end of the stick. Words cannot describe how pumped i am now!

8. May 29, 2010 #8

behabran

behabran

behabran

1 show down, 2 more to go!
    Last night at the speedway the show featured After Shock, Crazy Train, Brutus, Excaliber, Shock Therapy, And Avenger.

Track Set Up was a pair of 5 car sets on the front strait, then on the other side of the track was a car-van-can and a car-van-boxvan-car set up.

Wheelies were okay, nothing special. Every truck did good except chris ryan in excaliber because of some electrical bugs. Jim Koehler won wheelies.

Racing was good. It featured some close races but the "upset" of the night was when chris ryan in excaliber beat Avenger. Jim Koehler would later come back as fast loser and get his revenge on chris and then move to the finals to knock off Zimmer. Avenger wins racing!

Now freestyle, will Koehler triple up?

Crazy Train got things started but made 1 or 2 hits and shut it down because of some steering problems.
    Brutus was next with steve koehler behind the wheel. He did a nice job, but it looked like it wasn't what he wanted. couldn't quite get the doughnuts going.
    Excaliber was next, chris did a great job, hit just about everything.
    After Shock now, Bob Robbins put on a great freestyle. he got a slap wheelie off of just about every hit!
    Then, Zimmer came out like a house on fire! He was the first one to try the boxvan and he got some massive air. He was also the only one to pull of some great doughnuts.
    Jim Koehler had his work cut out for him if he wanted to triple. Jim hit everything out there multiple times with great momentum and air. he was the only driver to backside the boxvan and absolutely destroy it.

The winner of freestyle according to the fans was close, but they chose Jon Zimmer! And deservingly so!

So a couple of hours from now i am heading back to Peterborough to see 2 more shows at Morrow Park courtesy of Edge Motorsports.

9. May 29, 2010 #9

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

ThePunisher

How was the crowd size at the speedway?

How was the crowd size downtown?

10. May 30, 2010 #10

behabran

behabran

behabran

the speedway was just about full, and downtown it was 3/4 full for the first show, then almost a packed house for the 7:30 show.

11. May 31, 2010 #11

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

Any results/pictures from Saturdays shows Brandon?

12. May 31, 2010 #12

behabran

behabran

behabran

i can give some results:D

truck line up: Easyrider, Shell Camino, Iron Outlaw, Bounty Hunter

Track set-up this year was awesome! On each side they had van stacks, in the middle they had the regular racing lanes for drag racing. But this year they let the trucks on the grass so there was a harry looking one sided bus stack on the other side of the safety bricks.

2:00 show-
    Wheelies were good, i believe Creten took it.

Doughnut competition was great, Iron Outlaw spun really fast, Shell Camino took a little while to get them going but as soon as she did she went for a while. Then Bounty Hunter came out and pretty much did a mini freestyle and got massive air off the one van.

Racing was good as well, edge motorsports even had a third place race, and that was between Shell Camino and Easyrider and Shelly won that one. Then in the finals it was Russ Stelle (sorry for spelling) vs Jimmy Creten. In a crazy turn of events Russ in Iron Outlaw beat Jim Creten in Bounty. Also during that race Creten blew up Bounty which knocked him out of the rest of the day.

So freestyle started off with Easyrider and you could tell the truck wasn't running on all cylinders all day so he made a few hits and parked it.

Shell Camino was next and boy did she light it up! she hit everything but the bus in spectacular fashion. they even had a van by its self set-up in between the racing lanes and she just stood it strait up going over it. Best run i have seen from Shelly ever.

So since Bounty was out Russ Stelle had to step up and close the show in a big way, and he did. Hit everything on the track with awesome momentum and even took on the bus, clearing it by a long shot. The crowd was on their feet from start to finish on that run.

7:00 show-
    The drivers before the show decided instead of wheelies, doughnuts, and racing, they were just going to go out for three freestyles each.

Easyrider was determined to make a show for the fans. The truck was seriously sick and could barely get over a van stack. Kevin mashed it into whatever he could anyway and got himself stuck on top of a 2 car stack on the racing lane.

Shell Camino brought the house down again! didn't hit the bus but she hit everything else and hit it hard.

Russ Stelle got everyone on their feet again just getting huge air off the bus and getting some nice slap wheelies.

So just as everyone thought the show was over Jimmy Creten announced that he was going to drive Iron Outlaw for a freestyle. So Jimmy got strapped in and probably put on the best freestyle i have ever seen in Peterborough. He got tail dragging wheelies off of everything and skyed it over the bus multiple times. It was a standing ovation for Jimmy Creten and it was a great way to cap off an amazing weekend of action in Peterborough and i can't wait for next year!

13. May 31, 2010 #13

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

goleafsgo

Thanks for the update,

Sounded like a good show....surprised not even 1 of the trucks was the same from the two separate shows Friday/Sat. odd haha.

I hope next year they bring the Sunday show back...that would be good.

14. Jun 1, 2010 #14

behabran

behabran

behabran

I thought i would just add that both Edge Motorsports and Chris Arel Motorsports said during their events in Peterborough that Peterborough is the Monster Truck capital of Ontario. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Also there are some photos of Friday night on the Monster Spectacular website