Potential new Eradicator scheme?

Danny H.

I was looking at the new 1:24 Eradicator that looks like this:

It's similar to the design in the yearbook except white, yet the current scheme is this:

Does anyone know if Andy has any current plans to go to this new scheme?

Last edited:

jetmonkeyj

I hope not. I love Andy's current scheme. Has a real 1990's Moving Violation vibe going on.

If anything a return to the Durango body would be kinda cool.

monstermaniac

I love the scheme right now, but that white one is pretty neat looking as well. Whatever he does, that truck always looks sharp, so it doesn't matter to me!

Golden

Really always liked what Andy has done with his schemes over the years. As for the hot wheels one, I like everything but the way the name looks.

DanDeFalco

im liking the current scheme, not normally a huge fan of what hot wheels comes up with for most of their stuff.

wrecker1

I've seen that toy in stores. My take: it certainly isn't a bad scheme by any means. Though I admit I'm not digging the white. Either way, if it was to run it wouldn't be horrible by any means.

MonkeyDad

Why would HW produce a truck with a look that doesn't exist?

I know they've dome it several times before, like with Arachnophobia red, spider-on-roof look, Backdraft with flames and others, but why? Licensing/permission issue with Andy? Contract for current deal with him expired and not renewed?

Just make accurate trucks, Hot Wheels.

Did Andy send them this before he changes to it?

So now HW makes both Slifko trucks wrong.

Danny H.

Why would HW produce a truck with a look that doesn't exist?

I know they've dome it several times before, like with Arachnophobia red, spider-on-roof look, Backdraft with flames and others, but why? Licensing/permission issue with Andy? Contract for current deal with him expired and not renewed?

Just make accurate trucks, Hot Wheels.

Did Andy send them this before he changes to it?

So now HW makes both Slifko trucks wrong.
1. They have a new Backdraft and it's an accurate scheme

2. Hot Wheels have a reputation with schemes before they even debuted.

Current Thrasher scheme
Current Gunslinger scheme
Pouncer
Current Bad News scheme
Superman
Taz
Batman
Dragon's Breath

Need I continue?

gm50cal

im not a fan of the HW designs for the simple fact they end up as wraps on trucks and the old schooler in me loves real paint..

gmrcs

If I'm not mistaken, that hotwheels scheme is in the current MJ yearbook for Eradicator, just with a black background color instead of white. My guess is this is a hotwheels designed scheme that will probably show up on the real truck around next year.

jktremor81

I like the new scheme if indeed Andy does use it. As for one of the earlier posts the truck is infact a durango body. i believe it's a late 90's or early to mid 2000's body style. As for actually painting a truck I agree that it was an eye opener whenever you went to an event and got to see all the detail that went into the paint job but, you gotta remember with the excessive amount of suspention travel and the way a truck lands or in the event of a roll over, it's a far cry easier to put a vinyl wrap on the body pieces to allow for a quick change if need be. Plus you can be just as creative with the design and make the art a lot more crisp and clean with the vinyl. Just my take on the whole thing.