Puerto Rico finale el grande

Mopar1

Unbelievable 12 shows 70,000 people plus witnessed the USA invasion of KSR MOTORSPORTS Night of Fire and Destruction in the Caribbean the last two weeks ,Boston Bigshot,Dominator,Martial Law,Doug Danger absolutly went off the wall for 12 huge Shows each making every pass every show SOMETHING that is almost never seen ,a Promotors dream ,these guys were unbelievable just wowing the huge Puerto Rican crowds,In all my years in this business I have never seen 3 Trucks do the things they did, It made me proud to represent the USA for the first time in over 20 years in this country.KYLE,PAUL,PETER BRADY,DOUG,and especially Jeff Bursey aka (Juan Pablo) THANK YOU....CHECK out www.pistonvsrotor.com for all the action.ooh yeah..

kaila martiallaw

I had a blast down here in Puerto Rico. I think all of us did. It was pretty cool to see everybody make every pass. It's not only a promoters dream, but a drivers dream as well. That's a lot to ask out of a truck. We've all got our scratches and bruises to fix, but nobody took any major damage and we all got up on our trucks and still put on a good show for everybody.

We'll have pictures up soon from San Juan and Aguadilla. I think we've even got a few little video clips laying around somewhere.

Thanks Jack and Alex for having us here. Had a blast!

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
Our man Paul Strong in Puerto Rico with the sick slap wheelie: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANBA6AXTzAs"]YouTube - Monster Truck PR.[/ame]

dinkin flicka

actually, if USA motorsports was there, that would make Mopar1 wrong on 2 counts. Peurto Rico isn't technically another country. It is an Unncorporated territory.

sometimes my hair gets all bunched up and i need to seperate it

Last edited:
B

bigtruck11

You really need to stop splitting hairs.
I'm not familiar with the specific reigning territory specifics, but
KSR stating that no one had been there in 20 years, when, in fact USA had been there only approximately 10 years ago, doesn't really qualify as splitting hairs, does it?

I think this thread, more qualifies as, "splitting hairs". It was very obviously, just a typo.
[ame="http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2856"]How on the ball USHRA is... - Monster Mayhem Discussion Board[/ame]

Big Ron

Big Truck, its was not the point of anyone being their in 20 years but its the point thats its been a while since monsters were there. For you to go on about something that trivial just shows why hardly any drivers or promoters post anything here. If you come to a show and talk to the Drivers, Crew, or Promoters they read this forum a lot. But they chose not to post because of things like this. Jack was merely stating how much of a success it was, and how much the fans in Puerto Rico enjoyed the show. I just dont get why some many people on this board just want to bash eachother, and then in the next sentance try to figure out ways to BETTER the sport. I mean everyone here and I mean Everyone should be proud to see Monster Jam in Europe and KSR in PR, or anyother pormoter in any other foreign land, because that means we are reaching more fans and thus making it a better industry.

Leon13

im thinking it was 1993 when USA went there cause Eldon DePew won that event in Taurus (got it on tape somewhere)

kaila martiallaw

all those pictures look like they are in a parking lot?
with portable bleachers and K-rail.
the monster blog said you guys were going to 2 soccor stadiums and even posted a picture of one.

http://68.178.140.70/fotos/07-03-24o/images/0157.jpg
The show in San Juan was in the parking lot at the stadium. We had a huge area there to run in. They were also doing a circus there at the same time.

The next weekend, in Aguadilla, we were in the baseball field at the stadium. We used the entire outfield and just stayed off the dirt of the infield.

I hope they didn't have a baseball game there this coming weekend... There would be a lot of sprained ankles..hahaha

kaila martiallaw

Here are a couple pictures from San Juan. We don't have any yet from Aguadilla, but we should be getting video in the next couple days from there.

Oh yeah, for all you spinner haters out there, I had to put them on for Puerto Rico. I knew they'd love them down there. They're already off the truck again, but I'm gonna hang onto them for special occassions like this.

Last edited:
B

bigtruck11

im thinking it was 1993 when USA went there cause Eldon DePew won that event in Taurus (got it on tape somewhere)
I'm not certain if USA went there AFTER April of 1995, but I do know that Gary Wiggins went there in Carolina Crusher, Tim Hall in Executioner, Dan Runte in Bigfoot, and Mike Petersen in Troublemaker.

And Big Ron, the difference of an entire decade isn't splitting hairs. A decade in the history of our country, is splitting hairs. A decade in a sport that is only 30 years old, has a HUGE impact on the sport. And I have spoke with LOTS of drivers, and crewmembers about this board. Both from a decade or two ago, and of current.

BTW, I'm glad the trip to PR was a success for KSR. Any time MT's reach more people ouside of our borders, it s a good thing!

Mopar1

Hey Big Truck I know your not busting mine or Big Rons balls but it was 20 years ago when the stunt show was there with Doug Danger and it was 14 years ago when there was a Monster Truck show...Our show was a Monster Truck-Stunt Show that included Doug Danger who should know more than anyone when the last show was there.Now who will stand corrected Me or You.since you posted that I WAS WRONG on 2 accounts.Jack KSR M/S

Big Ron

as jack stated our show is titled the KSR-Motorsports Night of Fire and Destruction Monster Truck and Thrill Show

B

bigtruck11

and it was 14 years ago when there was a Monster Truck show...
It's all good.
I stand corrected. I made a typo in my earlier post. It WAS April of '93, not April of '95. Doug Domokos (RIP) The Wheelie King, went there as well. They did two cities, Bayamon(San Juan) and Mayaguez. Both events took place in baseball stadiums.
But Eldon Depew, nor Taurus was present.

Surely someone out there can confirm this. Kyle should be able to ask Tim about this?