Race car build up

fastj14

I thought I might post a little thread about my racecar build up. This is how I suppose it's done when you don't have a huge shop and tons of sponsors. I bought this car early last year, it is a Dirt Works dw8 copy.

I knew right away that the purple had to go. So I took it down to the bare frame and started sanding. I then painted it gloss gray.

Last edited:

fastj14

I assembled the engine myself, this is a limited class so the motor is pretty tame, 355 chevy, 882 heads with screw in studs, Edelbrock intake, 500cfm holley.

fastj14

Here we jump to body installation. Made the body all by hand myself.

Hopefully I will get some numbers and stuff on it in the next couple weeks, racing season is just a month or so away!

fastj14

Thanks guys, it's been about seven years since i've raced so it will be like starting all over again. I races a buddy of mines car two weeks ago and finished 8th, it felt good to be back behind the wheel.

fireman

know the feeling

its been 3 years since i have been in a car. purchased a bob pierce car, with 2010 updates. trying to finish everything so i can get on the track. just lacking graphics and assembly of the motor. i cant wait, ill post some pics of mine once its complete and running. i run in the u.m.p. mod class. nice looking car, and its always nice when ya build one yourself, then you know what ya got in it and no its quirks. i know you can have 2 identical cars, same parts, same set ups under them, and they will handle and act totally opposite of each other, kinda like a kid lol.

Last edited:

Destroyerfan

Wow that looks really nice! I've always thought one of those cars would be alot of fun to drive, good luck this season!

fastj14

Thanks man, and yeah it is strange how two identical cars can handle so differently, but that makes it interesting.