Requirements of Working With Monster Jam Track Officials

DeniroM

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew what the requirements are for working with Monster Jam as a Tech Official? I really want to get into the sport even if I have to work my way up into getting in a monster truck. Thanks! :D

rns0504

Work hard for a few years as club/track crew at your local show(s). Get there early and stay till everything is done, dont goof off, work hard and be noticed and get to know as many people as you can. Do it because you love the sport and not for the pay-- dont even expect to be paid as club/track crew, anything you may get is a bonus. If you truly work hard and put effort into learning as much as you can and being helpful you will be noticed and it will pay off. Thats how myself and many close friends started before being hired as officials.

tromoly

Work hard for a few years as club/track crew at your local show(s). Get there early and stay till everything is done, dont goof off, work hard and be noticed and get to know as many people as you can. Do it because you love the sport and not for the pay-- dont even expect to be paid as club/track crew, anything you may get is a bonus. If you truly work hard and put effort into learning as much as you can and being helpful you will be noticed and it will pay off. Thats how myself and many close friends started before being hired as officials.
This.

DeniroM

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Trust me, my love for the sport itself is what's driving me. Not worrying about the pay at all. As long as I'm around monster trucks in some way, I'm good to go. :D One question, is it still possible to help at an event even though a club has already signed up? I'm not arriving with a club, it's just me and I would really love to help out. By the way, it's the Columbia, SC event for February 8-9 of this year.

MTRATTK

What NO reply from only Monster Jam Track Offical known on this board as Beerman? He could tell you everything you need to know and then some.:rolleyes:

DeniroM

What NO reply from only Monster Jam Track Offical known on this board as Beerman? He could tell you everything you need to know and then some.:rolleyes:
Thanks for letting me know that. I'm going to see if I can get in touch with him on here. Quick question: how old do I have to be in order to work with a monster truck team in the MTRA? I'm currently 19 going on 20.

MTRATTK

16 is the youngest for associate members, but we also have what are call junior associate members for under 16. You're old enough. The best thing to do is go to the site and join. Get to know all of us and opportunities will open up and present themselves. Just don't expect to happen right away. Where r u out of?

DeniroM

Thank for this great information. I really needed it. I'm from Kingstree, SC. Looking to move out of state to work.

couple years ago i was in the pits and got to talking to a couple drivers and asking questions and trying to help them load up and was more help then the guys he was paying and he was looking for some parts sun gears and some other stuff i made a couple phone calls and got what he needed since he was not from around here worked great for him. he offered me a job and said no had a baby due
that was my story just got to get in ther get in the way or what ever find the small name guys to they are always looking for good cheap help

DeniroM

couple years ago i was in the pits and got to talking to a couple drivers and asking questions and trying to help them load up and was more help then the guys he was paying and he was looking for some parts sun gears and some other stuff i made a couple phone calls and got what he needed since he was not from around here worked great for him. he offered me a job and said no had a baby due
that was my story just got to get in ther get in the way or what ever find the small name guys to they are always looking for good cheap help
Did you talk to them in the Pit Party or were you involved in club help? I'm interested in helping at the Monster Jam event in Columbia, SC next month.

was in the pit party but then after the event just hang around the pit area if there anything like they are here security starts to slack off or leave and the fence is section fencing so just find a hole make it look like your spost to be there and do a meet and greet start off by truck looked good budder them up and just talk to them ask if they need help i been doing this for 4 years now i have fun doing it and this year there running a couple guys with in 2 hours of my house so if the opertunity comes up ill take it

DeniroM

That's some great advice. I'm going to see if that works when I go next month. When you got to help them, what did you do? & Is it easy to help them?

everyone is diffrent most of the time the drivers are not there just the crew and had some get upset cause i was trying to help or talk to them and they are busy just got to know when to jump in just start off with small talk then ask if you need a hand most of the time its just with tires. then just ask what else you need if they give you something to do just keep asking what else like load the coolers up or tool just a bunch of small BS stuff but your in the door thats what i did and they were done one of the crew guys introduced me to some other teams and was the gettia boy but i enjoyed it i would like to help a team start to finish