RIP Karl Swallow - Slingshot MT

Smasha

Tragically it has been announced by a good friend of mine that Slingshot's Karl Swallow has passed away due to a heart attack.

I was at Truckfest just yesterday and Karl was there with Slingshot. He put on a great show as always. RIP man, you were truly one of the greats.

Last edited:

Danny H.

This year just hasn't been kind to the monster truck industry

Karl had an excellent machine and was one of the best and true originators in bringing monster trucks to the UK, RIP Karl

CMDeerfoot

You aren't kidding Danny; to be honest, this year hasn't been kind to any industry but has been especially unkind to the MT world. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Swallow family during this difficult time.

R.I.P. Karl Swallow.

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Very sad to read this news. No matter where in the world, monster trucks are all one unit. Slingshot was a great looking truck and I enjoyed watching dozens of videos featuring him over the years.

Outlaw

**** that is brutal, one day after running no less.
thoughts are with his family.

MTRATTK

Aww jeez. I met Karl and Jenny Swallow years ago at the MTRA Weeekend St. Louis. Two of the nicest people. They were just getting started back then. Slingshot was one of the best from across the pond. You will be missed Karl!!! My condolences to Jenny, the family and all the boys across the pond.

WarthogDriver

Slingshot is one of the most popular Euro trucks. As far as I know, it was one of the first Indies to compete on the Monster Jam Euro Tour.

RIP Karl. You will be missed.

RHaught_AM

RIP Karl; we had the pleasure of working on his site and he was always very nice and appreciative...shocking. He will be in our thoughts.

Supertrux

Karl.
For 20 years you were in my life, honestly cant beleive you are gone. From the first time we met I knew we would be friends, you had the devil in your eye and a deep desire to live life to the full. And that is what you did bro.. True we had some big ol ups and downs over the years, but when all is said and done (and no one can change this) we sat down talked it out and shook hands, that's what REAL friends do..

Karl you were a huge pain in the ****, the most stubborn man I EVER met, BUT also one of the best things to ever walk into my life. I know that running my truck at Truckfest will never be the same again without you there.

I am sure that lots of people will be saying rest in peace, but I know you too well for that, you will be bringing havoc to you new location just like you did at every monster truck show you were in. Today I asked St Peter to keep an eye out for you, and I also pointed out to him that if you arrive declaring that you are the Devils Playmate, that he should not take you too seriously as its just your little joke. :)

Be good bud, and keep yer foot in it, till I see you again.....................

Your friend, Nigel Morris
Team BIGFOOT Racing

Supertrux

Aww jeez. I met Karl and Jenny Swallow years ago at the MTRA Weeekend St. Louis. Two of the nicest people. They were just getting started back then. Slingshot was one of the best from across the pond. You will be missed Karl!!! My condolences to Jenny, the family and all the boys across the pond.
Thanks for the kind words Tim, but Karl and Jenny parted ways some years ago..

MadRat

My deepest condolences to family, friends and beloved ones of Karl Swallow.
I remember Karl as one of the friendliest members of the MT industry.
You will be forever remembered and missed.

R.I.P buddy

Supertrux

So yesterday, I had to say goodbye to one of my oldest friends, and in recent years #1 monster truck show partner Karl Swallow.

I met Karl at a Truckfest event in 1992, he was just getting started on building his street truck and I had a big street truck, we talked for hours.it was clear that he had a passion, and I am proud to say that we were friends during the evolution from Mk1 Toyota Hi-Lux through to full size monster truck.

Karl was dubbed "Krazy Karl" by renowned Monster Mania commentator Barry Clayson for his full on driving style and spectacular freestyle runs in those early UK monster truck racing events.

Over 150 people turned out to say goodbye to Karl yesterday, great to see so many from the old days as well as from the monster truck industry- Had a nice chat with Tony Dixon amongst others!

Karl I will miss you buddy, keep yer foot in till we meet up again........................

jdavidf

I saw him in Slingshot at the truckfest 6 or 7 years ago. Can't believe he is gone the day after an event.