Truck Related Rock Star

BaptismByFire

So while watching the newest Monster Blog TV I was overly impressed with Rock Star's performance. I am a fan of racing over freestyle, and thought that when they rebuilt the truck they were going to lean solely towards FS. I am very suprised about how wrong I was as I couldn't help but get excited to see it blasting through the course. It's so cool to see a non-typical truck do so good at racing. It kinda reminds me of the early penda days, before most trucks started leaning to patrick style frames. Anyway, I just wanted say good job to Bill Payne and Straight Up Racing and I hope I get to see it in person someday soon.
Dustin B.

TheMonsterFactory

Yea, I agree totally with your comments. I just watched the clip last night too and the truck seems to be holding its own .

Great job!!

Terry

fastj14

They just put I think 4 episodes of TMB TV up from Grand Island NE and there is 11 total episodes.

Yeah the new and improved Rock Star is handling awesome! I'll be seeing it in action tomorrow night and I can't wait.

BiteMeStudios

You cannot describe, until you see it in person, the way this truck handles. It literally looks like the truck turns around within itself...like it turns inside out, and when it pops back to normal, it is facing the other direction. Bill turns that thing like no truck I have ever seen turn...

chopper

It is bad *** ain't it.

All straight up trucks utilize 2 tago switches to operate rear steer. Well actually, a tago switch and a push button.

There is no automatic self center ( although this can be bypassed by another tago switch but Bill won't allow it's use for automatic self center ) once you activate first tago switch to turn wheels you let go and wheels stay in that position until you push button switch for self center. Saves the pumps that way. I liked it myself.

Last edited:

Stuntopts

All straight up trucks utilize 2 tago switches to operate rear steer. Well actually, a tago switch and a push button.

There is no automatic self center ( although this can be bypassed by another tago switch but Bill won't allow it's use for automatic self center ) once you activate first tago switch to turn wheels you let go and wheels stay in that position until you push button switch for self center. Saves the pumps that way. I liked it myself.
Um... huh? and just what is a "tago" switch? Thought this was how I developed the original units to work 20 plus years ago, so you could by- pass eveything... must be something newfangled, how does it save the pumps?:confused:

72ZEBRA

I love the truck. It seems to work awesome and just might be the best possible setup for indoor events out there.

Question? What is the difference in wheelbase between his two trucks? RockStar just seems to work a lot better. And its not Teri's driving. Her ride just seems to be a lot stiffer. I thought it was because the 4 link was at extreme angles but RockStar seems to be the same way and isnt nearly as stiff. Probably just valving??

chopper

Um... huh? and just what is a "tago" switch? Thought this was how I developed the original units to work 20 plus years ago, so you could by- pass eveything... must be something newfangled, how does it save the pumps?:confused:

I saw what you built 20 years ago and although I thought it looked hidious Mike said it was indeed functional. Kudos to you.......I also saw that hidious monstrosity you built for a pump on Hot Stuff.....Tell you what John, You get a chance you look at Deal Breaker and see how it's done.

Jimbo, I would say Miss Behavin is indeed running stiff. About 12 inches of travel on new combs that max at 26 inches is what it looks to me..... Need to drop that cradle and transfer case still Bill?

Truck was having problems overarticulating driveshafts at full travel.

If my memory serves me right I think the wheelbase is 117' which is like 3' longer than Rockstar. Don't remember excactly though.

Last edited:

fastj14

Looked like the cradle on Rock Star was quite a bit lower than Mis Behaven to me. He did do some damage to the frame this weekend though. But he can fix it.

fastj14

Actually he thinks it broke after the last big jump, he landed fairly flat, here's video....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_3D_WwBdA"]YouTube - rockstarfreestyle[/ame]