Save Mayhem

KidKrazy86

I have noticed for quite a while the little traffic here. When I first signed up for this site there used to be new posts/threads all the time. Now it seems there is not even close to the amount. Is there a reason for this? I love this place, and hate to see the lack of new posts or threads.

bigyoda

Well then you'll miss out on just about everything that happens, because it's a lot faster and more convenient than this site, and when this site closes, that's all there will be, really. It's only a matter of time.

OldSchoolDude

The bad thing about Facebook is there's no easy way to search or archive information. If you don't see it when it happens or shortly thereafter, it might as well be gone. Otherwise, you could spend hours & hours digging through post history trying to find something. Plus, if someone closes their FB account, their posts disappear from groups. Another annoying this is how many groups are closed or private now. I don't know why they can't at least be left open for viewing, even if you're not a member. How do know if you even want to join a group if you can't see the content?

HawnMT

FB may be faster but it isn't nearly as convenient if you're trying to search for older information. If this site ever shuts down then all we'll have is what people can remember, or worse yet "think", is the right info. As much as that may still happen here at least we can search and verify.

EDIT, just saw OSD said the same thing i did.

MTRATTK

I think you're worrying too much. Shutting down this site would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Dumb, just plain old dumb!!!

monsterjamman24

The bad thing about Facebook is there's no easy way to search or archive information. If you don't see it when it happens or shortly thereafter, it might as well be gone. Otherwise, you could spend hours & hours digging through post history trying to find something. Plus, if someone closes their FB account, their posts disappear from groups. Another annoying this is how many groups are closed or private now. I don't know why they can't at least be left open for viewing, even if you're not a member. How do know if you even want to join a group if you can't see the content?
I believe most are private due to the influx of spammers trying to sell cars, shoes, sunglasses and other crap. Its a way to limit them and to hopefully keep them out of groups

Steven

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
I would think someone might want to tell the owner of this site about its pending shut down...

MonkeyDad

I'll NEVER be on Facebook.

I have noticed the traffic slowing down here, but it's probably due to the immature fighting and big internet egos that don't allow it to be a place you can actually discuss anything without a flame war breaking out. It's always been that way since I've been on here. When MTC was up and active (much more active than here), I rarely came on here. Now that MTC is apparently gone, this is just my last forum to get updates on Monster Jam diecasts and discuss shows.

Don

They only reason it would be shut down is if the owner wanted to shut it down. There is nothing to tell him.

funntheson

I have noticed the traffic slowing down here, but it's probably due to the immature fighting and big internet egos that don't allow it to be a place you can actually discuss anything without a flame war breaking out. It's always been that way since I've been on here.
I would have to agree with these statements.

Steven

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
I guess no one paid much attention to my last post so...

MonsteMayhem is NOT shutting down

The thought has not even crossed my mind...

MonsterMayhem is the worlds largest forum dedicated to Monster Trucks.
MonsterMayhem has the worlds largest monster truck picture archive with over 38,000 hosted images.

MonsterMayhem is here to stay :eek:

tatra813

Why not bring back classifieds and make this a complete site?

Really the only reason I would check in here in the past

- - - Updated - - -

........ That and the fact that all the " know it alls" have to chime in on every new post with the " it's been discussed before, do a search"
So they got what they wanted. The site is obsolete just do a search.... Lol