Sean Duhon - Retirement?

stormrider_67

Just read on TMB that Sean was hanging up his helmet... any truth to this? I see nothing on the SIR website.
Met him once, heck of a nice guy and a great driver. Went out of his way to get a couple cans of Cult for me even. It will be weird to see someone else in the seat of the Activator, but like with all the SIR drivers, I doubt we will be disappointed.
If there is truth to this, all the best to Sean!

Don

If it hasn't been answered before then, I'll call Brandon in the morning for confirmation.
Why don't you beleave the story the monsterblog is a creidable sorce and they story is done by the anouncer covering the event sean was at.

Anyways it's true as he texted me last week about it. Im suprised it took this long to make it here.
Anyways he was a great guy to run with and hope to see him do well what ever he does.
Don

Bigtruck1217

Thats a shame, Was looking foward to seeing him in August at Honesdale, PA.. Any idea on a replacement driver?

isonater911

Thats a shame, Was looking foward to seeing him in August at Honesdale, PA.. Any idea on a replacement driver?
Talked to BoBo the other day, he said he is driving Cult, and Panda is in Ground Pounder. I have no more information on if that is how its going to stay, or if it is just temporary.

Bigtruck1217

It will be nice to see Bobo in a newer chassis truck, Who will be in Excaliber then if Panda will be in Ground Pounder? Maybe CVH will be back in Excaliber :)

Christopher

what about at the dirt track at texas motor speedway jul 16-17?

seen duhon run like three times in the last year
wish him well with what ever he does

Last edited:

AuzGrams

Sucks that Sean won't be driving anymore, he was at a couple of shows I went to in 2008 and did a phenomenal job in both shows, and was a real nice guy. Sucks to see him hang it up, but when you're on the road a lot, I can easily see why.

RKM

Sad to see him go, heck of a driver for sure.

Only show I got to see him was Pittsburgh 08 in T-Maxx

Best of luck Sean, and enjoy your retirement!!!

(little OT)
On Excaliber, more then likely will be fill in drivers for now (I'm still hoping for CVH @ Wildwood though) :cool:

RHaught_AM

Keep checking the site; writeups from every week are on there at the minimum. Wish Duhon luck!

Rich Hilgendorf has done a great job filling in in Excaliber.

RHaught_AM

Keep it locked on the SIR site; when there is news, you'll see it there. Other than that, right now, there is no news.

CaptainAwesomeJr

my best bet would be Dallas Rogers in the next SIR Truck. He's been with that team for how long now?
lol I wish! I haven't done much with monster trucks lately because of college and personal life, someday I'll hopefully get the chance to drive a truck
Id love to go on the road for summer though just doin anything

CaptainAwesomeJr

I have worked with Sean a few times and he is a great guy, Sean in my oppinion was the most under rated driver ever. Sean was a driver that probibly won more shows than he lost, he was awesome on the track and off. I hope Sean does drive again but untill then I hope Sean is enjoying what ever he is doing now, Sean has been on the road for years and has been workin his *** off the entire time. Everyone that has met Sean has liked him, in a industry with alot of crazy stuff and drama, Sean has always been one of the nicest, smartest and most honest people ever. Sean is a great guy and a great driver that has left a big impact on our industry with multiple championships Tons of racing victorys and skillful freestyle runs, GOOD LUCK SEAN!!!

cmunds

I totally agree 100% Dallas. I know my family was shocked to hear Sean was stepping down. He was one of the best that we have ever ran across.

:( I never understood why he never got the recognition he deserved.

Good luck Sean. I am glad my family was there to see you go out at Vegas. IMO you deserved to race too -

Brandon

Sean

Sean in deed will be missed in the MT industry, here he still is a close friend of mine and I will see him allot.

I wish him well in the new line of occupation he has chosen, if not there is always Chiller Specialties that he can work for any day.

He has made this decision to settle down, he has a great family that has been supporting him 100%. Now it is their turn to enjoy time with him.

He will be seen in trucks with us again, he will work with us as a fill in driver just as I do.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Brandon

BiteMeStudios

Cool story involving Sean that I always tell people when they ask me about him...

I made a trip back in 2008 to the Joliet, IL Monster Mash event. This was part of a "two events, two towns, one day" shoot for me. I had been shooting shows for TMB for less than a year, and this was easily the biggest event I had shot solo for Ross at that time. Joliet was first on the list that day, and was about a five hour drive for me. I made it to the track about two hours before show time, and went to sign in for my credential. After being given the run around about the whereabouts of the guy I was told I had to meet up with, I was basically up a creek without a paddle. The guy I needed couldn't be found, and the person at the gate didn't have the list of credentials. Show time was rapidly approaching, and I am standing there like a goof outside the main gate. Now, the dirt track there is a big place, and there were only 30 minutes between the pit party and the event for the drivers to get ready. Despite the time crunch, Sean Duhon walked all the way from the pits to the front gate, and told them "Let this guy through now". We walked back to the pits, (and after I received a little ribbing from Twite, Pellet and others for being "late") he hopped in the truck and started the show.

That is the type of guy Sean has always been to me...always willing to help out whenever he could. He is always willing to fly the TMB flag for us. I hope to see Sean on the road again some day. Otherwise, many trips just won't be the same. Obviously, I wish him the best in life...and yes, Sean, you ARE a big deal around here.

Jason Twite

Freelancer
My plan was going along just fine until Sean had to come along, screw it all up, and let you in! :)

I've seen Sean race probably 5-7 times and really seen him progress over his relatively short career and I think he still could go farther and maybe some day he'll jump back in to a seat. He is always a threat to win racing and won the tretcherous over-under bridge race at Joliet in 2006, made it to the finals at the 07 event, and barely missed the finals in 2008. The Cult Energy Activator name really became the truck he's known for and he really took it to the next level. Not to mention he was always willing to throw a can or 7 your way if you asked!

Great guy and certainly will be missed. Don't stay gone too long, Sean!