Shortiron II

shortiron

Lookin' good jason. Have you got the body for your truck finished up?
Not all the way yet I have some things on the body that need to be fixed before I can get it wrapped. It has been too hot to work on it lately but im gettin back at it this week. My wife and I are expecting a baby any day now so im kinda day by day right now.

modeltruckshop

Man o man it is lookin awesome jason!!! Glad to see you have made it this far!!!! Hope you sell lots of plows and get it finished up. Keep it up, Steve

ROADSIDE

great!! its always good to see others projects. this week im starting the roll cage and the fuel cell base, also between at the time renforce the f106 housing also. you heard the frace a picture is a 1000 words. well thats the way im able to learn quicker. i rather see a picture to learn then read, and your build up picture looks awsome and its a 1000 words

ROADSIDE

sweet PICTURES !!! #5 MORE INPUT!!!

shortiron II , WHAT SIZE TUBE IS THAT ON YOUR TOP 4 LINKS CRADLE?? WHERE THE ADJUSTABLE FOUR LINKS BRACKETS ARE WELDER TO?
I USED 2" X .120 AND NOW THINKING ABOUT IT THOSE TUBINGS OF THE CRADLE HANDLES A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF FORCE FROM THE TOP 4 LINKS. IVE BEEN THINKING TO REMOVE MINE AND USE .188 ?? :confused:

BTW YOUR PROJECT LOOKS GREAT

shortiron

It's .120 there, the only place I used .188 was in the main rails cuz my chassis is almost 19' long.

ROADSIDE

ANY ONE KNOWS IF THERES ANY PROBLEM IF I SIT THE FUEL CELL ON THE REAR SUNKED IN BETWEEN THE MAIN RAILS INSTEAD OF ON TOP OF THE MAIN RAILS??? OF COURSE THE CONSIDERATION OF THE AXLE GOING THRU THE BOTTOM OF THE FUEL CELL IN MIND ON A JUMP SHOCK RETRACK. :eek:

TL_4x4

Think saving money, the same thing happened to towasaurus. one shock blew out and axle slammed into fuel cell. do you want to risk it? not sure how your engine sits in chassis or where fuel pump pickup is, if you can set your fuel cell high the better it will be to flow.

ROADSIDE

Na its not about saving money, just the fact that the way im building my chassis is gonna affect the tank on a roll-over, the shock loop is going to secure half of the fuel cell but the other half is sticking out of the chassis. So to avoid the half sticking out the only way is to sink the fuel cell into the main frame rails. :)

shortiron

Not much progress tonight, but I did start making the rear drive shaft loop mount. I'll post some pics as i go.

shortiron

Made it home today with me new hauler from the Stinger team. It was a long few days 1500 miles in 28 hrs.