South America- the truth must be told!!!

MonsterCED

I vote to close this... In typical Mayhem fashion its far off topic and childish.
Why does everything controversial need to be closed down. I find it entertaining and educational. There are 19 other topics to click on so pick a different one if you don't like this one.

stormrider_67

Settle it in person like men, internet bashing is for myspace/facebook.
While its educational to learn about the hardships of the industry and the BS they endure, leave it at that.

gmtgmt

well Mike who was wrong now?

American Ride said:
Hey before you condem monster trucks from going out of the states! STOP!! Monster Jam is doing great over seas and so is our Monster Truck War Tour in South America, Latin America and Mexico! Its all about who you go with and the shipping company you use. Also what kind of shipping bonding and insurance you use.
Think about what your posting before you post it please. Not everyone is out to screw their talent as this ******** promoter is!

Thanks Mike Fonder

Willis

I thought even going to south america if your american was something you shouldn't do.. let alone with an entire mt show.. what'd all of you expect was gonna happen? I really don't feel bad at all..

Cactusjack1999

I thought even going to south america if your american was something you shouldn't do.. let alone with an entire mt show.. what'd all of you expect was gonna happen? I really don't feel bad at all..
Yes, god forbid that someone try to get a little culture and visit someplace in this big wide world. Even if it's for business.

Thanks for calling these guys stupid and practically telling them they deserved what they got.

I hope you feel good about yourself.

Willis

Nothin wrong with traveling.. experiencing culture.. but there is somethin wrong doing it in a place that has proven itself to be the dumbest place to have shows in.. Albeit it would be horrible to be in there position, but I wouldn't ever find myself in that position because I've seen what has happened before, and I wouldn't risk my equipment and my buisiness knowing this.

isonater911

So I guess you would pass up a deal that sounded really thought out and put together for you, and was supposed to give you a lump sum of money up front. Don't forget you are a independent monster truck owner, who is running week to week just to keep parts on the truck and food on the table. I guess it was wrong of those guys to try to make themselves some money to keep their heads above water, and expose a new market to monster trucks.

Like I said earlier it is a crappy situation, and I wish everyone the best. I didn't know what was going on with the other tour first hand, but I stayed in contact with Kevin throughout the ordeal and I would wish that feeling of ups and downs and heartbreak on anyone. I am glad the one tour got their equipment back, and I hope the same for the other. I know everyone has beef with Fonder for him being Fonder, but look beyond that and think of the other guys(including him) who will or may loose their livelihood because of this situation.

Willis

So I guess you would pass up a deal that sounded really thought out and put together for you, and was supposed to give you a lump sum of money up front. Don't forget you are a independent monster truck owner, who is running week to week just to keep parts on the truck and food on the table. I guess it was wrong of those guys to try to make themselves some money to keep their heads above water, and expose a new market to monster trucks.

Like I said earlier it is a crappy situation, and I wish everyone the best. I didn't know what was going on with the other tour first hand, but I stayed in contact with Kevin throughout the ordeal and I would wish that feeling of ups and downs and heartbreak on anyone. I am glad the one tour got their equipment back, and I hope the same for the other. I know everyone has beef with Fonder for him being Fonder, but look beyond that and think of the other guys(including him) who will or may loose their livelihood because of this situation.

YES I would, no matter how great it sounds.. its just plain stupid to go there ESPECIALLY, if your an indipendent owner.

Cactusjack1999

YES I would, no matter how great it sounds.. its just plain stupid to go there ESPECIALLY, if your an indipendent owner.
1. Learn to spell. You aren't helping your case sounding like a kid.

2. Saying "it wouldn't happen to me" usually means it's gonna be ten times worse when it does. And it will.

3. So you're gonna point and laugh at the next guy who posts on here about getting screwed by an american promotor right? It's only fair right? They should've known better than to trust someone else?

4. The only way to stop digging yourself into a hole....STOP DIGGING.

Paul curtis

its risk vs reward, thats all it is.
as far as what you WOULD have done, that dont matter a hill of beans cause Its not your a s s on the line here.
I can understand why they went but its a bad situation now. I hope that they can get their stuff back and continue on with they're lives......

MonsterCED

Yep!