South America- the truth must be told!!!

southern excitement

Owner - Strait Jacket Monster Truck
I know i am fixing to start trouble by saying this but WOULD one of the administration pllease go threw this thread and delete all post from people like micheal harper and willis and all the rest that are using this thread to just bash mike fonder????

I'm glad that mike took the time to post this and let everyone know whats goin on down there with the tour. I did the same thing when our tour got screwed up. I was just trying to let everyone know what was goin on and it turned into a great post. I had alot of GREAT people take thier hard earned money and send it to me to help save my truck. I never thought my post would bring me any money and I NEVER had any intentions of making money off of my post, I was doin the same thing mike has done I just wanted to let "the people in this industry that actually care about it" know what had happened. so from now own if you cant say anything nice KEEP YOUR DA** MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if this starts trouble and I will be the first to delete this if it does but I made my point clear...

GOOD LUCK MIKE CALL ME IF YOU NEED ME

Jus Show N Off

Amen Kevin. If it isn't obvious that Mike knows he was wrong... shame on all of us.

Regardless who took the trucks their, these f-in trucks need our help now. To heck with fonder, even I have my grudges with him... But none of these other men deserve this...

The window for recovery may be closed... but ill gladly donate a few bucks to help one of the modern race trucks... Even if it only helps to put food on table I'd gladly help.

So stop the Goshdarn mayheming and lets come together. Lets save the good trucks, and forget that blowhard Fonder. He'll build a new rider if we save the racers only.

Last edited:

mcm2728

Seems the only company that will be safe going there is Monster Jam. Hopefully these trucks get returned and this lesson won't have to be learned again. Good luck mike and everybody else involved.

American Ride

Trucks!!!

Should have some news in the next few days to release as to what is happening with all the trucks and equipment from Colombia. Thanks for the support from everyone!! Nothing is lost either !! Never was!!

Mike Fonder

USA1Lives

I noticed the Sin City team put all there web site domains for both trucks up for sale. Hopefully that isn't a sign of things to come. Best of luck.. Hope everything works out.

American Ride

Problems solved!!

As i said more news will be released in the next few days about the trucks and what is being done with them . Some big thanks to the people involved to make the transaction become reality for everyone involved! News will be posted as soon as everything down there has been settled and confirmed 100%! Thanks for the calls and support from monster truck fans and owners!

Mike Fonder

American Ride

Good news!!

First we would like to thank Darren Cox for all his hard work! Trucks will be leaving this week and trailers and ramp to follow out of Colombia. Promoter that screwed us co-operated with proper paper work for final shipping and a big thank you also to a promoter involved in paying a portion of the storage and shipping fees with nothing to gain except to help out a group in need. We will defulge this promoter at a later date as this is a great thing he has done to help the situation to a conclusion. Dont want to forget thanking the only Amsoil Dealer in South America Erich Lamar for all his hard work on legal Colombian law and shipping investigation he has done and helped to move the proper paperwork needed to be signed and delivered to different shipping etinty's involved. Amsoil is a stand up company with great products and great people like Erich Lamar the only dealer for Amsoil located in Bogota, Colombia. Thanks to Steve also for helping with his presence in Colombia with his girlfriend Sonya of Horsepower.com racing and motorsports coverage as she has really covered the monster trucks with video and pictures of all the shows and shipping segments while in South America.

I will say this as we leave South America, there is a lot of great people in South America and they deserve to see monster trucks as they are great fans of the big trucks. Dont let one rotten promoter that took advantage of a group of great people. We also worked for somegood promoters that paid the bills and went above and beyond what they had to do. But again one bad apple screwed some people out of big money potential and lively hoods. His partner is a good man and has to pay the piper with the lawsuits being brought forward against him and his company for breech of contract and we pay till justice can be served.

Thank God we got our trucks back!! PERIOD!!

Thank You Mike Fonder

Kouvre

Well, I'm glad to see this has been resolved. Now for the greater good of the industry, I think I speak for everyone when I say to all promoters and drivers, PLEASE DON'T DO ANY MORE TOURS IN SOUTH AMERICA, LEAVE IT TO MONSTER JAM. We've already lost Bigfoots 6 & 9, and the AM/PM Rocket to corrupt countries, we don't need any more hard working Americans out there to be losing their livelihoods due to injustice like this.

MonsterCED

I agree, lets hope history does not repeat its self. I have a feeling ppl have not learned there lesson thou, and will try again.

michaelharper9

Have the trucks been released yet? Mr. Fonder stated they would be 2 weeks ago. I hate this for the owners, they just went there for the opportunity, now they have been out of work for 4 months, and the trucks are PROBABLY gone. What a way to go down... SAD....

The Truth & the 2nd side of the story.....

Well we all have heard the story according to Mike Fonder. Now that we have recovered our trucks, mind you only 4 of the trucks, all on our own, with no help from the promoter that hired us to go down there and work for him. We all know who the is. Having said that, the Colombians are not to blame 100% for the **** we have been put through. I am going to give a short form for now for the book of events will be out soon.
It has been a little over a year since we were hired by AP Motorsports to go to Colombia to do shows. All was great to start but everything was being rushed. The 1st 6 or so shows went okay, money was paid for the events. Then all **** broke loose. No money to send us home, being forced out of our trailers, being told by Fonder we could not leave individually for we were all on one bill of lading, documents being changed, values of our trucks being dropped, and never able to get a straight answer from anyone, other than just do as you are told or else. Come Sept. we being Darren Cox, Kirk Dabney & Dan Weeks, were abandon with no clue as to where our equipment was located. Come the end on Jan. Darren Cox went to Colombia to search and find out what was really going on. He had no clue as to the location of the equipment, could not speak the language, and hit every road block that could be put up. Statements about actions by Darren was made, emails not returned, nor phone calls from Fonder at this point. But there was a document signed by Fonder ordering that no information was to be given to no one other than himself or his wife Lisa that was given to Mike Quintero. Power of attorney signed over to Mike Quintero to sign titles, bill of sales, etc for all equipment and cargo to be exported. Why would you do this? The story continues with backing documentation to ALL statement made by our party being the Darren Cox, Kirk Dabney & Dan Weeks. There are emails after emails, all in black and white to the action that we were having to fight and over come. We as a team want everyone to know the real truth about the action in Colombia and the man that hired us to work for him. If you have a question or have heard a part of this story and want to ask a question please feel free and we will answer.

Well we all have heard the story according to Mike Fonder. Now that we have recovered our trucks, mind you only 4 of the trucks, all on our own, with no help from the promoter that hired us to go down there and work for him. We all know who the is. Having said that, the Colombians are not to blame 100% for the **** we have been put through. I am going to give a short form for now for the book of events will be out soon.
It has been a little over a year since we were hired by AP Motorsports to go to Colombia to do shows. All was great to start but everything was being rushed. The 1st 6 or so shows went okay, money was paid for the events. Then all **** broke loose. No money to send us home, being forced out of our trailers, being told by Fonder we could not leave individually for we were all on one bill of lading, documents being changed, values of our trucks being dropped, and never able to get a straight answer from anyone, other than just do as you are told or else. Come Sept. we being Darren Cox, Kirk Dabney & Dan Weeks, were abandon with no clue as to where our equipment was located. Come the end on Jan. Darren Cox went to Colombia to search and find out what was really going on. He had no clue as to the location of the equipment, could not speak the language, and hit every road block that could be put up. Statements about actions by Darren was made, emails not returned, nor phone calls from Fonder at this point. But there was a document signed by Fonder ordering that no information was to be given to no one other than himself or his wife Lisa that was given to Mike Quintero. Power of attorney signed over to Mike Quintero to sign titles, bill of sales, etc for all equipment and cargo to be exported. Why would you do this? The story continues with backing documentation to ALL statement made by our party being the Darren Cox, Kirk Dabney & Dan Weeks. There are emails after emails, all in black and white to the action that we were having to fight and over come. We as a team want everyone to know the real truth about the action in Colombia and the man that hired us to work for him. If you have a question or have heard a part of this story and want to ask a question please feel free and we will answer.
We have sat back and said nothing for so long because we want to recover our trucks.

We did recover 4 trucks and Dan's motor cycles, the trailers are next. And remember this was all done with out the help of the promoter that hired us.

RickFL

Isn't there a AP MOTORSPORTS show in Glencoe AL this weekend? Thats not too far from Dabneys shop.