Show Related Stafford this weekend

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by Cale Putnam, Jul 28, 2011.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Jul 28, 2011 #1

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Administrator Site Admin Moderator

Snuck up on me pretty quickly...anyone else heading there?

2. Jul 28, 2011 #2

gmrcs

gmrcs

gmrcs

I'll be there on Sunday.

3. Jul 28, 2011 #3

destructiondigger

destructiondigger

destructiondigger

ill be workin on the track crew .leavin tomorrow morning

4. Jul 28, 2011 #4

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

I love going to the Sunday show every year, but it looks like if I go at all, it'll be Saturday. Family party on Sunday kind of got in the way of plans, but what ever. I'll be trying to hit the 2:00 and the night show on Saturday, since I missed Hagerstown. But judging from the Hagerstown videos, show looked disappointing this year... Stafford line-up is way better.

5. Jul 28, 2011 #5

Wrench

Wrench

Wrench

Which day/time is the better show? And will they have tickets available at the gate?

6. Jul 29, 2011 #6

Muddy

Muddy

Muddy

Tickets are available at the gates, for $2 more...so $20 adult tickets.

I'll be there Sunday with the lady.

7. Jul 29, 2011 #7

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

Anybody going Sunday, can you try to take videos? Thats always the best show of the week and I'll be missing it. I'll be taking videos on Saturday, hopefully of both shows.

8. Jul 31, 2011 #8

Dave Genest

Dave Genest

Dave Genest

Me and a buddy are heading up sunday. going to try and tailgate some, so if anyone wants a beer, or burger look for my truck. Black f150 35's transformer logo on the grill. Or just look for the only guys probably tailgating

9. Aug 1, 2011 #9

gmrcs

gmrcs

gmrcs

Good show, Damon took the wheelie comp. Meents beat Jeremy in the finals and took freesytyle with a fantastic save.

10. Aug 1, 2011 #10

Muddy

Muddy

Muddy

Great show...best wheelie contest I've seen in person, and Freestyle was fantastic. Racing was a little lacking, but thats just how it goes.

Toms save in freestyle was ridiculous. Endoed over the racing lane and pogoed the front end more or less, rocked it up onto the side, and spun the truck on its sidewalls. I didnt think there was a way in **** he was getting out of that. Hope someone got good video of it.

11. Aug 1, 2011 #11

Wrench

Wrench

Wrench

BEST SHOW EVA!! This was my first time there and will be going back every year! I had a blast! See my videos in the Mayhem video thread.
    Oh yeah after Max D's awesome save his rear right tire locked up. Anyone know what he broke? And what caused it to lock up?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  12. Aug 1, 2011 #12

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Bearing in mind that I have witnessed Steve Koehler's sidewall donut in Worcester, Meents' pull-out in Syracuse, Cohen's double-save in Worcester, and several more...I may have to put Tom's today at the top. He was gone, the die had been cast and that truck was upside down...except, somehow, it wasn't. What an incredible display, and it was one of several incredible moments from this weekend. There is no argument to be had anymore: Stafford is annually THE best of the Monster Jam speedway/fairgrounds shows. Better than Hagerstown, better than Syracuse, and even better than West Leb. Simply superb. I'll have photos later tomorrow, but I'm exhausted from baking in the sun for 2 days straight, and I need some sleep.

13. Aug 1, 2011 #13

gmrcs

gmrcs

gmrcs

You could not have said it better. If that had been anyone else that truck would have been totally gone, but once again Meents continues to defy the laws of physics. In the wheelie contest seasock covered half the speedway with two wheels. This was also my first summer speedway show and I am totally hooked!!

14. Aug 2, 2011 #14

Jjd92186

Jjd92186

Jjd92186

Both Saturday shows were awesome!!!

15. Aug 3, 2011 #15

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

monstermaniac

Agreed, I went to the Saturday night show. First time that I didn't get out to the Sunday show. Except for the truck breakages, the show was great! Awesome weather as usual. Great wheelie contest also... the beginning started off a little slow, but then the last 4 trucks all started doing slap wheelies and riding them up into turns 1 and 4, great to watch. Grinder won with a 28 I believe. Best racing on a Chicago Style track that I've ever seen... no lie. BEST racing I've ever seen at Stafford. Watching all the drivers, especially Ryan Anderson making these turns was unbelievable. He beat Meents twice on Saturday and won the Racing portion. Including one come from behind victory where Ryan nailed the last turn and aired the truck out and beat Meents by a good half truck length. Freestyle from the first truck was great. Backdraft kicked things off with a solid effort. But in all honesty, it seems like this summer, every time I've seen Jeremy, it hasn't been as special as it was last year. His freestyles aren't as crazy either... not meant as an offense tough, the run was still great and he got the truck out in one piece which says a lot about his driving. Grinder ended a little early but John fought through some problems on the rear of the truck, and he did a fantastic job. Best I've seen Seasock do in person... he tore it up in West Leb this year as well. Damon in Airforce (which seems to just be Airforce now, not Airforce Afterburner) had a great run as he always seems to do. But he didn't have the huge air that he usually throws in there. I do love watching him tap the breaks in the air though, and set the truck in different angles... pure awesomeness. Then came Ryan Anderson, who won the competition and doubled down. He is just so dang talented... the way he slings that truck around, you'd think he was a ten year veteran. He man handled the rest of the field and won with a 28(?). CVH, one of my favorite drivers of all time, was having electrical problems all night. The truck shut off in wheelies, racing, and freestyle twice. He ended after just 3 moves. But, it happens... he seemed upset. I hope I get to see him again soon. I love CVH's driving style, no matter what truck he's driving. Then there was Tom... worked with broken rear steering for near 50 seconds I'd say and still had some nice moves. His last move, he rolled the truck coming off the "jammer" and set it back on its wheels right near the fence. CVH and Ryan Anderson were up on the stand with the official and you can clearly see in the video I took, they were ready to just off to get away. Scary at first, but glad the truck didn't hit the fence... could have been bad news. I'll have my video's from the last 5 events I've went to up on youtube soon. I've been behind lately as you can see.

16. Aug 3, 2011 #16

Wrench

Wrench

Wrench

^Nice write up. Thanks.

17. Aug 3, 2011 #17

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

18. Aug 4, 2011 #18

Wrench