Suicide King name CHANGED

Discussion in 'Monster Mayhem Discussion Forum' started by drjoliver, Jun 1, 2010.

Help Support Monster Mayhem by donating:

1. Jun 1, 2010 #1

drjoliver

drjoliver

drjoliver

Per the request of promoters the name of the truck is being changed. A corporate sponsorship is in the works and the truck name will be announced when the negotiation process is complete.

Stay tuned.

2. Jun 1, 2010 #2

MonsterTruckLuvin

MonsterTruckLuvin

MonsterTruckLuvin

...that is probably a good idea. Best of luck with the rebuild and acquiring sponsorship.

3. Jun 1, 2010 #3

SavedONE

SavedONE

SavedONE

-thank-you for changing it, I think it's great you listen to your fans!!!

4. Jun 1, 2010 #4

ProTruckChallenge

ProTruckChallenge

ProTruckChallenge

its tough when you change a name that you've liked for so many years. However, I do agree with everyone that its for the best. you would have had an unneccesary fan loss for nothing more than looks.

5. Jun 1, 2010 #5

drjoliver

drjoliver

drjoliver

I appreciate the input from everyone. It was a hard decision for me to make personally for me because the name was set 10 years ago. However, it was the right thing to do.

Thanks again everyone for your input and we hope to see you at a track soon!!!!

6. Jun 1, 2010 #6

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

Raised in Lincoln/Warsaw Missouri. Currently in L
    BOOOOOO way to bow down to the man!! Neutered!!! LOL!! I loved the name, BUT you are doing the right thing in the long run. But it sucks that society has gone this soft.

7. Jun 1, 2010 #7

FlyinBryan

FlyinBryan

FlyinBryan

It's a good move, trust me. As mentioned before, trucks like Demon and Sniper have had to change names in order to keep bookings. I've personally watched people not let their kids come near Devil's Dodge at a Pit Party because it had the word Devil and a little cartoon devil on the side of the truck. The crowd was even silent when Devil's Dodge did introductions, refused to clap.

You have to remember, little kids are very impressionable. The last thing a parent wants to do is bring their child to a monster truck show and then have their kid ask "Daddy what is suicide?" or better yet have their kid chanting "Suicide! Suicide!" after the show or at school the next day. Seems silly to us but kids are impressionable and will do this.

From a promoters standpoint, if you come in at "X" price as Suicide King and another truck wants to come in for the same "X" price. If even 1 person is offended by the name and won't come to the show, the other truck is already more profitable to bring in. It's hard enough to get booked, you don't need the extra obstacle.

It's hard to advertise the word Suicide on the radio or on TV, some stations won't even run the ad if its got that in it, especially down here in the south and the bible belt. I've had radio stations have to confirm my ads were family friendly enough to be put on air.

I get the name, I think its very creative and clever, but its not worth the risk on the promoters side when there is a line of other trucks that are willing to come in and not have to deal with the name issue.

8. Jun 1, 2010 #8

superinsane

superinsane

superinsane

I agree with Jim that it's sad that society has become so "soft" as he said, but you did the responsible thing. Good luck with the sponsorship opportunity.

9. Jun 1, 2010 #9

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

to be honest parents are clomsy.wats the point of changing the name of a truck when the kids get older they going to know about the devil suicide and stuff like that.it just don;t make since.anybody agree with me.if not it's ur lost.then if some of yall agree with me thanks alot i needed that.but u look at it this way.taz is known as taz manian devil you don't see them changing the name.the name taz don't cut it.it still taz manian devil.cartoons shouldn't help

10. Jun 1, 2010 #10

Joepotato

Joepotato

Joepotato

It sucks that you have to get rid of a name you've liked for years, but it's for the best. People are so easy to offend nowadays that someone, probably an overprotective parent, would've made some sort of uproar about it.

11. Jun 1, 2010 #11

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

WOW You totally proved my point. This is right up there with "I dont believe in spanking" and all the other sensative garbage we have now days. Monster Trucks with scary names isnt bad for kids. Over protective parents raising kids in a bubble is.:mad:

12. Jun 1, 2010 #12

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Cale Putnam

Administrator Site Admin Moderator

Tangentally to this, I've long wondered how the single most popular truck in the business has the most macabre theme of any truck out there. I wonder now how my parents, who raised me well and on the straight and arrow, let me go to Catholic school tag days wearing a Grave Digger shirt.

Then again, nothing about the Devil's Dodge or Sniper things surprise me (the Demon thing does a little)...anyone remember how the first Gun Slinger Rev Tred was called only "Slinger" because Mattel thought it was too violent? In some way I kind of agree with it, though. A truck's image can be aggressive without being overtly violent or offensive, and that "family friendly" thing is part of what sells tickets. Plus, there's been a few trucks with questionable imagery that I really didn't want to see, like the dismembered knight of the "Dragon the Slayer" variant halfway down this page.

13. Jun 2, 2010 #13

FlyinBryan

FlyinBryan

FlyinBryan

Whoaaaaa easy trigger :cool: I personally don't agree with it, BUT from a promoter stand point you've got to look at it from the masses, and the masses are soft. BUT, the masses are the ones buying the tickets and paying the bills, whether I agree with it or not, you've got to err on the side of caution.

Side note: I do believe in spanking, I just don't believe it should be an extra charge! :eek:

14. Jun 2, 2010 #14

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

72ZEBRA

LOL! Sorry Bryan. And I usually skip the spanking. I bruise easy.

15. Jun 2, 2010 #15

Danny H.

Danny H.

Danny H.

While parents are sensitive, there are a few places where they seem to have not noticed

New Eradicator
    And the Gunslinger toy that came out last year, it went from not putting Gun on the truck to putting bullets and guns on the truck

16. Jun 2, 2010 #16

drjoliver

drjoliver

drjoliver

I could try to run the name, but I don't see the point. Yes, I love my name, but hey I'm also a business man and know what I have to do to be successful.

17. Jun 2, 2010 #17

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

don't yall agree with me or not gees

18. Jun 2, 2010 #18

Christopher

Christopher

Christopher

kids keep this industry going like it or not
    good luck on your race team bro

19. Jun 2, 2010 #19

ProTruckChallenge

ProTruckChallenge

ProTruckChallenge

no one agrees with you most likely because we can't understand what it is your trying to say. There is a spell check, you should invest a few minutes in that before you post. As for Taz being the Tazmanian Devil, I can't think of a single time i've ever heard the truck called that.

20. Jun 2, 2010 #20

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

wildfoot94:

yea i know i do.but i was just saying wats the point of hideing the names from lil kids.i mean one day they going to know wat the name is all about.devil-suicide i mean it going to stick around in the long run.if i owned a truck i wouldn't for anybody i would do it just for fun idc if i have fans.if i wreck my truck i be asking for everybody to pitch in because i would not wreck my truck for no f***in body.i know i need to spell check.thanks yall for being honest thats all i want.