Taurus racer w/o body pic needed

drjoliver

I'm building a scale RC of the Taurus racer and I cant find any pics without the body so I can build a replica cage. I have been to Taft's site and several google searches. I have different pics of different angles and even the pic of the black Taurus when it wrecked so I can see some of the cage.

If anyone has a pic or a link to a pic of the truck with no body, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Willis

Hey Derek !! It's Willis, You sold me the suicide king chassis a looooong time ago. Just saying hi to ya and seeing how you've been. Merry X mas :)

-Willis

drjoliver

Hey Willis. Yea been a long time for sure. Things are going ok. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for the pics. There are some I haven't seen so very helpful. Thanks again.

Kouvre

The chassis was probably just painted purple for that specific paint scheme. I know that Monster Wars did a feature on the history of Taurus and there's a brief clip of Jack testing the Taurus racer in a field somewhere with no body on the truck.

Tad

That pic is of the first Taurus racer. It turned purple when they went to black bodies the best I remember. It was still purple when the Turpins bought it.

Outlaw

I am pretty sure willman had to add ballasts to his taurus's to get them legal weight

TeamMayhem

Here's a shot of the first Taurus Racer, in 1991. Taken in the parking lot of the LA Arena, Inglewood, CA..
View attachment 2599
Don't cringe when you think about the jack.

I've got a few other things Derek. I'll send you a few things you can use.

Overkill

Tim Mente owns the original Taurus racer (which is currently for sale). He lurks here on Mayhem and may be able to provide you with pictures of the chassis.

TeamMayhem

That is a 2 1/2 ton jack. Consider that the truck was really quite light, and a jack such as that would've been just fine.

But the way it connects to the axle... makes me shudder.

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
Stupid question: In that pic, there's a 2nd set of shock-like components behind the shocks. What are they?

Dave Genest

shocks. Like on a dirt mods, and other sorts of racing that allows multiple shocks per corner, one will be compression, and other rebound. When you have one shock concentrating on one specificly, theres more to adjust on that shock with out disrupting the other.
OR you can have 2 of same style adjustment shocks to double up the work on what your trying to do at that corner of the vehicle.

72ZEBRA

In the pic jetmonkey posted what you see is just standard shocks that are connected together at the body. The coilovers that they ran are a similar setup also. When Jack built the truck they didnt make shocks long enough so they improvised. The pic Jason posted is a later version where they have replaced those home built shocks with a single long travel shock per corner. Looks like a RaceRunner. All this is done of course to add more dampening to the suspension. (take out the bounce)

Last edited: