Texas Toy

Superpeterbilt

Does anybody have any info(maybe from magazines or personal knowledge) about the construction of Texas Toy?I was checking out some photos of it and had a few questions. Why was the engine in the cab with him? ( Im assuming weight distr. bc the truck is a mile long) And whats that big box where the motor should be? ( Im assuming its the cooling sytem) it doesnt look like a stock radiator for a Detroit, but who knows.While on the subject, how many other diesel trucks were there besides King Kong, skoal bandit, Godzilla , and Texas Toy? Thanks

Superpeterbilt

Oh thats right! I forgot about Rollin thunder. Wasnt the van chassis dropped on top a fire truck chassis? Probly a detroit as well? Worst sounding engine ever invented(detroit). I liken the sound to two hair dryers spinning around in a metal garbage can. Anyhoo, were any of these trucks competitive?Seems like every race Ive seen with one they were slow and sluggish.

Bad Dude

Oh thats right! I forgot about Rollin thunder. Wasnt the van chassis dropped on top a fire truck chassis? Probly a detroit as well? Worst sounding engine ever invented(detroit). I liken the sound to two hair dryers spinning around in a metal garbage can. Anyhoo, were any of these trucks competitive?Seems like every race Ive seen with one they were slow and sluggish.
I'm not sure if it was a fire truck, but I did read that Rolling Thunder's chassis originally came from a truck that got burned during a small riot or something. The engine was still intact, so Jim used it for his monster.

Kouvre

Texas Toy was actually a pretty competitive truck. The race where Bigfoot 6 flips end over end in the Hoosier Dome was the final round race against Texas Toy.

Ridge Runner

Never knew Skoal Bandit had a diesel. Knew it had a Jag V-12 in its early days, did the diesel come between the V-12 and the Chevy 468 ?

Superpeterbilt

I could be wrong about Skoal Bandit. I thought I read that somewhere years ago. Now that I fact check, it looks like just the Jag motor and the Chevy.

Tim Dudley

It's still around not sure where this was taken but it's from 2008...

[video=youtube;PyJmvd4mQfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJmvd4mQfg[/video]