The Madrid's end...

Daniel G

The Madrid is sold to a quebec promoter that will demolish the Madrid to build two brand new restaurants.

I figure the monsters will finish rotting on the Arel's backyard unless they just decide to scrap them.

Daniel G

The Madrid restaurant is own by Richard Arel's daugther Jos?e. So only Jos?e will be out of business.

On the news, they told that the dinausaurs will remain for the next five years but no word about the monsters...

chryco63

I had been thinking of making a trip up there by summer's end, but perhaps this will become more of a certainty as a result of this news. Daniel, veux-tu faites un rendez-vous chez Madrid pour prendre des photos, et pour nous nous rencontrer?

Daniel G

Please keep us posted I would be interrested in the tanks if there forsale.
This morning, I made an actuallity tour and found one article who write that the new promoter bought the restaurant, hotel, the "BIGFOOT", gas station, the depanneur and even additionnal field. A 8000000$ transaction.

The promoter is Andr? Pelchat, Immostar president.

So this is the only article I found who write about the monster truck. They are include in the sale.

Daniel G

I had been thinking of making a trip up there by summer's end, but perhaps this will become more of a certainty as a result of this news. Daniel, veux-tu faites un rendez-vous chez Madrid pour prendre des photos, et pour nous nous rencontrer?
The demolition is schedule for the 31 august. Of course, we want to make a last trip to this place so let me know what is your trip date. It will be a pleasure to meet you and take photos :D

chryco63

So, Daniel and I met up at Restaurant Madrid to have what may possibly be our last look at these monsters. It's not for certain that they will be scrapped, as the owners realize the tourist draw that the monsters have, but I suppose it is still to be seen.

If someone had the $$$, here's what Daniel suggested, and what I also believe would be the best plan of action: buy Spare Time, as well as the mechanicals from Superfoot, and stuff the goodies under Spare Time's chassis. Give it a cosmetic restoration, and you're good to go!

Here's my FB link to the pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150246644782532.328195.511357531&l=eb5ec2a32d&type=1

AvengerFan86

Race Team - Virginia Beach Beast
Would they be willing to maybe part with the 2 tanks? I have called and left messages but have yet to get a phone call back, I have cash in hand and would love to know something.

chryco63

Sorry, I don't know your name, but Daniel did get a phone number from the owners specifically for you, so, perhaps shoot Daniel a PM, and he'll hook you up with the number.

chryco63

Okay, so I'm curious: anybody have any history on the Spare Time truck? I've got a couple of pictures that I pulled off of the Old School Pic thread here of the truck when it was in its original state, but that's all I've got. Who was it built by? Who originally owned it? Any specs? The truck looks to be a good candidate for a restoration!

Daniel G

Would they be willing to maybe part with the 2 tanks? I have called and left messages but have yet to get a phone call back, I have cash in hand and would love to know something.
OK so even if I don't know you personnally, I worked for you :D

OK first of all, the truck aren't Restaurant's property, they are still own by Richard Arel.

Second, the truck will be for sale in an auction next 3 sept.

If the trucks are not sale, they will rotting away at Richard Arel garage (or backyard)

So you can understand that Richard Arel is actually welling to sell his truck. When I spoke about you at Jos?e that you are interested to buy Son of Goliath, she gave me the cell number of Richard Arel to speak with him directly.

I will call Richard in the next few days to get information where and at witch hour the auction will be.

By this time, if you want to call directly Richard Arel and make him an offer, send me a PM and I will give you his number.

Also, if anybody want to call Richard to make him a SERIOUS offer, send me a PM.

Like Glen wrote, the Spare time is still in fairly good shape. If someone want to get it, IT'S TIME RIGHT NOW!

The only things good on the Superfoot is the axles and spring. The rest is almost total lost.

Me and Glen looked at the two thanks and the metal is still good. Require only a good sandblast.

I took 89 photos. I took a lot of Son of Goliath to help Avengerfan to make a good offer to Richard Arel. I didn't know the Top Gun interested you.

I'm actually in change of my internet supplier so that is the reason I don't post my photos on the old school pic thread....I'll do my best to post them shortly.

Last edited:

R.R.I

Got ahold of Chris Ariel an he said they want 10k for each ride truck? I only seen one, An he said 10K for the tanks, He did not say 10k each or 10k for both, It sounded like the tanks are going to need alot more work than the ride truck but none the less thats not too bad, For the price of an entry level monster truck, You could own your own little team that needs alot of TLC but i would love to have them at our shop...:D.:D.:D.:D.:D.. They sure would look good next to Battle Trax..

Last edited:

Daniel G

Got ahold of Chris Ariel an he said they want 10k for each ride truck? I only seen one, An he said 10K for the tanks, He did not say 10k each or 10k for both, It sounded like the tanks are going to need alot more work than the ride truck but none the less thats not too bad, For the price of an entry level monster truck, You could own your own little team that needs alot of TLC but i would love to have them at our shop...:D.:D.:D.:D.:D.. They sure would look good next to Battle Trax..
The other ride truck is the former Hammer Time they bought in 2005. It is still in good shape. I took a lot of picture of it 1 year ago. Will put some photo today.

Daniel G

Just put 43 photos of the former Hammer Time in the OLD SCHOOL PIC THREAD.

R.R.I, the trucks owner is still Richard Arel, not Chris. You should talk to Richard directly. PM me for his phone number.