The media has found out, well......

MasterofTame

It was fair. I wish this never happened but it was an accident which often tones, we cannot control how our why they happened.

Joepotato

"Some family members will return in the next few days, while Ryan will stay longer at the hospital." Is that accurate? I could swear he got released not long after the World Finals.

Danny H.

"Some family members will return in the next few days, while Ryan will stay longer at the hospital." Is that accurate? I could swear he got released not long after the World Finals.
The article came out the Monday after the World Finals.

themonsterjamman1

They then go on to say something as to the effect of "the andersons declined to comment" or something of that effect as if they were doing something wrong. Leave it to the good ol' media to put an attitude like that out there, especially with monster trucks *eye roll*

Joepotato

The article came out the Monday after the World Finals.
*checks*.... So it did. My bad. At least it's not being blown out of proportion like some things have in the past.

EDIT: Also, the caption calls Monster Jam, "Monster Truck Jam." Minute detail, but still, that's like calling FMX, "Freestyle Motorbikecross."

SuddenImpact

They then go on to say something as to the effect of "the andersons declined to comment" or something of that effect as if they were doing something wrong. Leave it to the good ol' media to put an attitude like that out there, especially with monster trucks *eye roll*
They never said that in their report. They said "workers at the North Carolina shop declined to comment..." and I wouldn't blame anyone that works at the shop for saying anything as well. This is one of the big reasons why video cameras are not allowed into FELD events but you can thank the world of social media and youtube for making this story possible. I'm not defending the news station in anyway but don't be so quick to jump down their throats. Personally working in the television industry, I am still coming to grasp the concept of pulling stories from social media as viable sources.

Dustin Hart AM

They never said that in their report. They said "workers at the North Carolina shop declined to comment..." and I wouldn't blame anyone that works at the shop for saying anything as well. This is one of the big reasons why video cameras are not allowed into FELD events but you can thank the world of social media and youtube for making this story possible. I'm not defending the news station in anyway but don't be so quick to jump down their throats. Personally working in the television industry, I am still coming to grasp the concept of pulling stories from social media as viable sources.
Monster Jam has an EEIC policy in place for a reason and you've seen it at work quietly. The station, WTKR, probably caught wind of the story through social media as well. The Anderson's/Grave Digger are pretty well known because of the long standing history in Hampton Roads and Northeastern North Carolina.

MasterofTame

I'm actually surprised that it took this long for an article to be found by Mayhem. IMO, to me the issue is as dead as it can be. The accident happened and if anything Feld will think twice before doing a crash encore again.

Don

The eeic did what it was supposed to do.
I don't think there hiding it as Adam mentioned it in the banquet speech they put on the internet.

MTRATTK

Incidents like this. DO NOT HELP the sport we love!!! They only HURT IT!!! No matter how the media uses it.

Don

It stands for emergency excetuive in charge.
In other words if anything out of the ordinary happens he is the guy to talk to and respond to the media.

MonsterCED

What is wrong with you kids. If you're going to quote something do it right. What you posted was more negative then there entire article. This is how you do it:

"Workers at the family's store and garage in Currituck County declined to speak on camera, but told us Ryan's family is still with him in Las Vegas."

The article was far and to the point. I just hope that the Anderson's, Feld, and MJ all learned a less and stop all this encore B.S. Just take your bows and say good night Gracie

I doubt it but hoping.

Hey Tim glad to see you back...:)