The Official Monster Mayhem Video Thread

north star

lets be honest with ourselves here, Pouncers freestyle run sucked, no ifs ands or buts it straight out sucked, if you'd rather watch freestyles like that then don't got to monster jam, that run is a solid reason why feld owns their own trucks, to put on the best show for the fans not to just put around on the track, heck the one video said it best about the run, his most speed was when he went to pull off the track rather than in the actual run itself, idk the story behind the run but from a casual fan's view that run blew a** and btw if the fan's want to boo a bad run they can, they paid their money to come watch a good show, not to watch a put put show

MasterofTame

I hate the booing too but,just for the sake of the argument,everyone has a right to their opinion and a right to say what they feel;no matter if they are right or wrong. Personally,I never boo anyone who has a luckluster run;I feel,as I see many of you do as well,you applaud them for their effort. The only things that should be booed,in my opinion,is the inevitible bad scoring by freestyle judges and when the officials make bad calls during racing.

I also agree with what Bobby said about Pezo's trucks and have felt that way for a while. I remember when he was always a threat to win racing no matter where he competed;he won racing in Atlanta a few years back. But ever since then the performance has gone downhill fast and has showed little signs of improving. I feel he should sell the two Patrick chassis and focus on improving the two chassis he built in house. Scott Hartsock is a great example;he wasn't doing well running two trucks. So he sold one,focused on putting together a great truck for himself,and got back to his winning ways.

And as for the Hurricane Force vid,the person who took that vid is a moron;that was a good run. It had nice flow,some good donuts,and he hit just about everything out there;with the hit on the van stack where he got a nice skywheelie being the best highlight. I do think that some people are desensitized because of the banzai runs that the Andersons,Meents,Koehler,ect have been doing and need to wake up and smell the coffee. There are talented drivers who put on great shows without wrecking their trucks every week that need to get more attention and praise.

Last,but not least,I'm sick and tired of the Feld bashing. Yes,their drivers can push the limits because they have the backing to fix everything. But they have helped advance the sport to heights that a lot of people,me included,never thought possible. You could bash the big Nascar teams like Roush,Hendrick,Childress ect for making it hard for other teams to compete;but the Wood Brothers with Trevor Bayne and Furniture Row with Reagen Smith showed that you can compete with and beat the big boys. Do you need good equipment,yes,of course you do;but you also need the talent behind the wheel,on the wrenches, and in the pits to compete and win.
Out of a LOT of comments about the booing "bad runs" I agree with this the most. There is a tale of two freestyles and what they both represent. Steven is learning, the guy has done arenas which when you do your first stadium shows you CAN get lost. He kept gunning for it thought. With Pouncer, I am not sure what Ron Nelson's problem was weither it was the truck being broke or him being a little rusty or what have you but the truck was at a snail's pace the entire run. If I knew there was a problem with the truck I would put it on the trailer. It can show if you are trying hard or not trying.

To blame Monster Jam like others say is dumb. Nobody but Dennis Anderson himself pressured him to run his truck into the ground any time Grave Digger hit the track. Tom Meents took Dennis' logic and used it for himself during his days driving Monster Patrol. Dennis Anderson and Tom Meents ALWAYS put that type of show on for the fans. Both Dennis and Tom want his other drivers to do what he does and that is send the fans home happy and if it tears up the truck, all that means is money and time to fix the trucks.

The fans that boo Hurricane Force was it right no. The fans that booed Pouncer are entitled and right. If the driver does not put any showing of effort than it deserves boos. When I goto shows and I boo, it's normally for freestyle scores and not the drivers themselves unless they pull a Pouncer...

lets be honest with ourselves here, Pouncers freestyle run sucked, no ifs ands or buts it straight out sucked, if you'd rather watch freestyles like that then don't got to monster jam, that run is a solid reason why feld owns their own trucks, to put on the best show for the fans not to just put around on the track, heck the one video said it best about the run, his most speed was when he went to pull off the track rather than in the actual run itself, idk the story behind the run but from a casual fan's view that run blew a** and btw if the fan's want to boo a bad run they can, they paid their money to come watch a good show, not to watch a put put show
Casual fan, try even established fans. I would boo that run. If you can't run due to mechanical issues, don't. It's no big deal to me. There's at least 7 other trucks at Monster Jam shows that can try to tear down the house.

gmrcs

Here's some cool stuff from San Antonio last week:

Pablo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMAwIYiic_Q&feature=related

Lee's wild rollover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6K0BXA5CXIM

Wolverine & Monster Energy dual freestyle:

When I watched the beginning of this thing, I was like, "this looks cool", then I saw the end and was like: "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AWSOME!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVTHaN-r0M&feature=related

Footnote: Alex's new truck looks absolutely bad fast, man that thing flys!

EDIT: Links Fixed!

Last edited:

Stomping The Bully

For some reason one of my youtube friends (if that means anything) got a job to haul Bigfoot.

[video=youtube;Ek1lDTXKPZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek1lDTXKPZY&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f4b978FAAAAAAAAEAA[/video]

FireBall

i honestly never get tired when watching that truck race or freestyle, especially freestyle! his way of driving and throttle control just makes his runs so interesting! truck handles very uniquely as well
1 indy truck i always love when seen on the truck line-up

Paul curtis

Yep, casper in the background... frogs running a few quercio shows with the old ghost.
Will be not far from me the 1st weekend in Feb.

Cale Putnam

Administrator
Site Admin
Clydesdale, in pink and white(!!!) races a tank(!!!) last night. It's 1989 all over again.
[video=youtube;rIol2ehYDGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIol2ehYDGY[/video]

MaxD4ever

last i heard Rappach was building a second truck, and planning on keeping the first...anyone heard how the new chassis is coming?