The Rebuild of Mud Hog

GearhartEng

Two Ford highboy frames waiting for the rebuild

Mud Hog cab has been stored in my basement for the last 18 years after the crash at Silver Lake.

For those who don't know the significance of Mud Hog in the history of monster trucks. Here is an interesting interview with Bob Chandler in 1983 Pulling Power magazine. The next time I encountered Mr. Chandler I asked Bob "Who were you referring to in that interview?" Mr. Chandler
responded by pointing his finger at me and saying "you." For some of the earliest pictures of Mud Hog head over to monstermuseum.org

whoops forgot last page will edit in.

Last edited:

MadMan4x4x4

Thats simply awesome!!! along with rebuilds of King kong,samson 2, and thunder chicken this is one great year for the old skool trucks!!

GearhartEng

Thats simply awesome!!! along with rebuilds of King kong,samson 2, and thunder chicken this is one great year for the old skool trucks!!
THANK YOU because without the kids and fans and everybody that just cares the whole monster truck industry would not exists. Now with the museum and renewed interest in the old school trucks it has inspired us old timers to do something with these trucks or they would probably just rot away.

Last edited:

adamsoffroad

This was Russ's last trip to Silver Lake. Can you say Monster Jam air? lol looks like the typical Monster Jam landing too. lmao

Attachments

MTRATTK

Congrats another piece of history on it's way back to life. I look forward to the rebirth of the one and only MUDHOG!!!

TamiyaTony

so_much_win.jpg

Awesome!!!!! Mudhog!!! Yet another epic monster truck coming back to life. Wow, let's see we have King Kong, Bigfoot, Casper, Virginia Beach Beast, now Mudhog just to name a few. Life is just getting better and better. Keep 'em coming, we need a vintage monster truck series for real. I would pay good money to go see these wonderful trucks! You guys rock!

theace27

Russ, where you able to touch base with the place where your old 66's and wheels were? You gotta get those back!

blazentrout

Russ, did you ever have a magazine feature on the mud hogg when it was on the duck axles or was that another truck out of 3 rivers. Its cool that you are going to bring it back to life.

GearhartEng

View attachment 5679

Awesome!!!!! Mudhog!!! Yet another epic monster truck coming back to life. Wow, let's see we have King Kong, Bigfoot, Casper, Virginia Beach Beast, now Mudhog just to name a few. Life is just getting better and better. Keep 'em coming, we need a vintage monster truck series for real. I would pay good money to go see these wonderful trucks! You guys rock!
It is only because of AWESOME people like yourself that we do it for,Talk to you later.

GearhartEng

Russ, did you ever have a magazine feature on the mud hogg when it was on the duck axles or was that another truck out of 3 rivers. Its cool that you are going to bring it back to life.
How the heck do you know about the duck axles,that is the running gear including the duck frame that my truck was originally built on.If you look on the museum photos when it has the older style body on it is on the duck frame,just continually upgraded till not much of the duck left.The last part of duck was the transfer case, was doing a burnout in two wheel drive on 66s in a paved ally beside the shop which also border a kids park the transfer case exploded and threw parts every where.

GearhartEng

It was featured in Four Wheeler Matt, even on the cover.
THANKS I will post the magazine when it was on the cover,it didn't make it to the museum picture biography yet, my fault. The other 2 issues,The suspension issue where i am pretty sure I was first with triangulated 4link and the top 10 of the 1980s issue are in the museum archives.