Transporting Accidents over the years

Ridge Runner

Just wondering how many monster trucks have had accidents while being transported over the years? I can think of 4 involving King Kong, No Problem, Taurus, and Digger. Any others? Gotta figure there's been quite a few. Anyone know of any others?

Last edited:

theace27

Spiker's Miss All American was the victim of a trailer accident. They re-did the truck into what became Lil All American. That very truck a short time later when it was repainted and call Lil Eagle and owned by Buster Guffy occured the same fate and was flipped onto its side on some icy road conditions up in Michigan in Jan 87.

ThePhotoDemon

Just wondering how many monster trucks have had accidents while being transported over the years? I can think of 4 involving King Kong, No Problem, Taraus, and Digger. Any others? Gotta figure there's been quite a few. Anyone know of any others?
Would someone care to elaborate on any of these? I've never heard these stories.

Ridge Runner

I didnt know No Problem was in a trailor accident. when did that happen and with which bronco?
No Problem's hauler flipped onto its side outside Lafayette,TN. sometime in the early 90's. Growing up around there, I remember it being covered in the local newspaper. I beleve it was NP 2 , which didn't get damaged too bad, if I remember right, he ws able to borrow a hauler and made it to the show in Memphis.

Ridge Runner

Would someone care to elaborate on any of these? I've never heard these stories.
I beleve I read on here about Digger and Kong's accidents, don't have any details. Taurus was totaled when Jack's hauler was rear-ended outside of Ocala, FL on I-75., got the info from Puling Power's Monsters 2 magazine.

DiggerFan

Is that a restored version of War of the Monster Trucks ? I never saw that clip on any previous copy before now.
It's from a 3-DVD set of "Battle," "Return," and "War of the Monster Trucks," produced and sold by Marshall Publishing. I believe the footage on the DVDs are restored versions of the original TV broadcasts.

As for hauling accidents, wasn't Marty Garza's original Overkill truck damaged in a hauling accident at one point? I think I remember it being mentioned in an article on Truckworld.

The original Overkill truck was lost in a shop fire in Ashtabula Ohio. I can't remember any time being in an transport accident... but I could be wrong.

KidKrazy86

I remember in about 2003 or 2004 on the Monster Jam website it had a story about the hauler for Blue Thunder hitting a low bridge or something. They even had pictures of the damage.

MTRATTK

Mike Vaters wedged his trailer under a bridge in upstate NY. If I remember correctly, he basically had to replace the bridge. The trailer was so torn up and with the exspense to remove it Mike gave the trailer to the tow truck company. Stallion was okay, but some where in upstate NY there's a bridge that Mike Vaters replaced on US 11 I think?

Kouvre

Jesse Birgy had a hauler accident with Play'n For Keeps some time in early 1990, leading to the eventual rebuilding of the truck if I'm not mistaken.

KidKrazy86

Mike Vaters wedged his trailer under a bridge in upstate NY. If I remember correctly, he basically had to replace the bridge. The trailer was so torn up and with the exspense to remove it Mike gave the trailer to the tow truck company. Stallion was okay, but some where in upstate NY there's a bridge that Mike Vaters replaced on US 11 I think?

I don't know of any low bridges on 11. I'm eager to know where and when this happened.

MTRATTK

I don't know of any low bridges on 11. I'm eager to know where and when this happened.
I might be wrong about the route, but I know it happened a few years back. I heard about it at MTRA Weekend. I think it was Doc Riley that told me about it. Ck with Vaters he can give you definite answers.

hoopty_yo

Nasty Habits came off the trailer after Chris Roy took ownership. There is a picture of the cab in the photo album. I'd post it, but I'm on my phone. It was replaced with a crew cab but I haven't gotten a clear story and what happened to that one.