War Master

modeltruckshop

What are the odds that a Intimidator toy shows up in a picture of a toy War Master?
Well about 100% right now!!!! HAHHAHA I am hoping for show video with those two together appears next. I never thought about making a HotWheels with the gold wheels before. I like that idea for sure.

theace27

Steve "Worlds least biggest War Master fan" Hurt owner of War Master! I can't wait to do you up some business cards! HA

modeltruckshop

Do you have any photos of War Master in its current state?
Here it is with Russ' tires and wheels on it. Also being hauled home. This gives you guys a little idea how tall it actually is. It is really a pretty tall truck. This body goes away and the correct Ford back on. If anyone needs a complete S-10 body its for sale. AND cheap. Interior is complete too. Nice for a bogger/crawler? I will throw in the 350/350 too.

- - - Updated - - -

Although not the truck I like these pictures of my tires. Apparently a Fiat 500 is 66x43.

dave3BA

Steve,

As far as I know, War Master only ever showed up at the 1986 Pontiac USHRA show. Do you know anything else about the truck? Other shows, when it was retired, other history? I love the look of the truck in your pics from the Pontiac show.

Wannadrive1

Actually the tires look an inch or 2 higher! Lol. Is that current state? And I'd love to have something with 66s one day, no matter the age...

modeltruckshop

Steve,

As far as I know, War Master only ever showed up at the 1986 Pontiac USHRA show. Do you know anything else about the truck? Other shows, when it was retired, other history? I love the look of the truck in your pics from the Pontiac show.
The January 87 show is the only silverdome show it did. Without making to much of a hijack to this thread I can do a little of what we know of the history of the truck. Plus the different bodies it has worn. I will post a long winded novelette about it!! HA

- - - Updated - - -

It was in a magazine on 48's also right?
It appeared in Four Wheel and OffRoad with 44's on it and the article said the 66s were in the works. It allegedly wore 48s for a while but I never saw it that way or saw pictures of it with them. maybe someday they will surface.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the tires look an inch or 2 higher! Lol. Is that current state? And I'd love to have something with 66s one day, no matter the age...
That's about it right now. I have a lot of parts for it and just need a little time ,money and oh yeah nice weather up here!!! HA

Spellcaster01

Modeltruckshop, please tell me the whole history of the truck. Also, did you accquire the truck from Carl St. Claire himself, and was it actually a competitive truck? Thanks!