What ever happened to... Thread

pHIL

Well I have seen a lot of threads that have said "what ever happened to...?". I decided to make a thread for that. You can discuss old trucks you havent seen in a while and see where they are now. Ill start it off.

What happened to California kid? Does Mike Welch still have it, and what happened to the other truck that had the same body style that was yellow? Forget the name.

What happened to the West Virginia Mountaneer that Robbie Gray drove?

Last edited:

rns0504

Whats the Mercury Mountaineer? never heard it called that... I remember the West Virginia Mountaineer though

pHIL

Whats the Mercury Mountaineer? never heard it called that... I remember the West Virginia Mountaineer though
Yeah, sorry. The Mercury Mountaneer is an SUV that i just saw when i was making this thread so i got mixed up. Also, im an idiot.:p

Sinister '32

What happened to the West Virginia Mountaneer that Robbie Gray drove?
The original West Virginian Mountaineer was the Walkin' Tall truck. I don't think Robby owns it anymore. I believe Robby still has his Patrick chassis truck but it does displays as a NASCAR theme truck.

freakshow

The original California Kid Crusher was sold to a man in Northern California in 2004. The truck began life as the California Kid and the became the Super Pete Racer which had the chevy bed sides. After that it was Mad Max (Red 32 coupe) and then it became Super Sprint (sprint car) and then finally it was The Chicken Coupe (Purple 32 coupe) and that truck was dropped from the top of a crane some time at the beginning of this century. The last i saw of this chassis was right before it was sold and all I could think to myself was.... Why would anybody want to buy this mangled piece of steel.

The California Kid Crusher is and will always be my all time favorite monster, I know Mike still has the coupe and sedan molds so who knows what could happen. he also still has a peterbilt mold as well.

ProTruckChallenge

lil bearfoot had a winder as well. i remember in one video, he made it look like the truck stopped, so he had to get out and wind it up again. ahhhh 80s....... now theres a truck that has gone through some extensive changes. you know, this thread should just be called ask scott lol

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Robbie Gray has signed a contract with Hendrick motorsports to run a series of displays at Lowe's grad openings and such with a Chevy body on the truck painted like Jimmie Johnson's car. It can be found on Taft's site under "power of pride" It still has a Ford power plant, jsut wears a cehvy body... he keeps pretty busy with displays and such... so he's got it easy for now

not sure when his deal ends or if he'll renew... but hes not outta the sport no way

Sinister '32

Didn't that chassis also run as Rice...something? With a Nissan body on it?

In any case, I believe the original White Knight's frame and drivetrain were used to make the White Knight ride truck. They put a full size body on it, four-linked it and put airbags under it. The Wentworth's sold it a while back, I don't know what it is now.

DiggerFan

Anyone know what happened to Marvin Smith's Stomper 2/Wild Hair truck? ...that was a fairly good truck in the late-80s & early-90s.

lil bearfoot had a winder as well. i remember in one video, he made it look like the truck stopped, so he had to get out and wind it up again. ahhhh 80s.......
I'm pretty sure footage of something similar to that, from 1985 or '86 is on the USA Motorsports video, "Monstermania."

who me

The Toy

The Toy ended up parted out. I ran into a guy who had the axles and t case from it, this was like 15 years ago. The rest of it ended up in the scrap yard from what he said.

thelegendaryone

stomper 1 is now the ultimate warrior, while marvins stomper was as far as i know of, used to build his stage three truck.

edit: your thinking of rice burner scott.

ProTruckChallenge

chopper, you got some awesome pics dude! and i always thought that american graffitti and cali kid were the same trucks..... guess i was wrong again!

freakshow

anybody know what happened to the night life 2 truck? I live about 80 miles from where Dave lived/lives and I have always loved that truck.