Promoter Related What happened to Edge Motorsports ?

NWfan

Edge used to promote many shows in Canada around the (perhaps before 06) 2006-2010 era.It's not around anymore.Who owned it?

DiggerFan

I was honestly wondering the same thing, myself. The last show I went to see by Edge Motorsports was the October 2010 Markham, Ontario event. I think their website went down in early 2011.

NWfan

Digger Fan,I was just asking because I checked the past schedules on TheMonsterBlog site and from 2006(the oldest schedule they have) Edge Motorsports promoted a bunch of shows in Canada until about 09-10.Arel did too,way more than present time.But as we know Arel is still around and Edge,I can't get anybody to tell me what happened or who the owner was.

DiggerFan

I thought I remembered reading that Edge Motorsports was owned by the same people that ran FMG events (the company that hosted some of the shows in the Silverdome a few years ago).

Edit - It does appear that FMG Events is associated with Edge Motorsports. I just checked the FMG Events web page (http://www.fmgevents.com/), and they have Edge Motorsports listed on the "Motor Sports" section of their site.

behabran

i could be wrong, but i believe the owner of edge motorsports is Ralph Moore.
My guess as to why edge is no more is probably because of a lack of support. I remember at one of edge's last few shows there was only 3 or 4 guys running the show from what i could see. Ralph Moore himself had be the announcer and a track official all at once.
A few former members of edge have now broken away and joined/started other promotions. A few examples would be impact motorsports and thrill show productions.
That's just my guess. i could be completely wrong.

NWfan

Thanks everybody who replied and gave me some answers.I knew if anybody should know ,it would be on this forum.I was just doing alittle research and wanted to know about "Edge",who they were and why they fell off the map.If Don is correct,that's too bad for the teams who were a victim of a bad promoter.

bandit

don is right I know alot about this as well alot of the guys is with impact but also works with arel motorsports