World Monster Truck Racing Series

American Ride

I have been working on this for years, 1995 to be a fact. Now we are close to launching this open qualifying series as we have to get the sponsor signed to a three year deal! The marketing company we are working with have just about got it done. We also have two different television companys on board to put it on T.V. It will be a 10 race series to start with room for growth of added markets.Here is how it will work. There will be a new organization to oversee safety and event running. This organization will consist of former monster truck owners and operators. It will be a series like no other before tried with real qualifying to make the event. 100 trucks pre-registered and a 40 truck field set after qualifying. Anyone not qualifying will be paid a fee to be announced to cover hauler fuel and menthanol fuel for trying to qualify into event. 40 trucks qualified will be paid $3500 for making the field. Then each round of racing will have loser and winner money. When we get to the semi-finals the pay for losing and winning will go up! Championship round to pay $10,000 to winner! We will also have freestyle with winner take all the money $10,000 to win. This will be a point series that pays the top ten with the overall Championship team in racing taking home a cool $500,000 Freestyle Championship team will take home $250,000 This will be a racing series first and foremost with the freestyle as an added attraction. Each event will have a $250,000 purse paid for racing,qualifying and freestyle. The final points and 10 race series is total purse of $6,000,000 to be paid out to the racers ! Now there will also be some contigincy money and awards payed to top teams on the series which will be put up by associate sponsors of the series. Also one rule allready determined is how many trucks can you run? Two trucks per team will be allowed to register and qualify for event!

This is all im going to say about this new race series until more info is made available. This has been a longtime coming and we can not wait to make the official announcements at a future date. As one of the T.V. networks said to us, we will finally see a real monster truck world champion and not some scripted world finals at Vegas. Not saying the world finals are scripted,but the trucks qualified to the world finals is scripted.

Now anyteams with ideas for the series are more than welcome to contact me only at 920-494-2676 or by e-mail [email protected] I will not awnser anyquestions on this matter on this site!

Thank You Mike Fonder

MAC

I remember watching a Penda race back in the early 90s. Jackie Willman or Eldon Depew won in Taurus. He was holding the big cardboard check for the camera. If you looked close, it said $500.

CPE MT

Before this thread spirals out of control, I wish you the best of luck with this series. Seems like we've all heard similar stories before that didn't work out as planned, or at all. Hopefully, this attempt will yield the results I know are possible.

That's a TON of money to pay out per show, so I hope this works out without screwing teams over if/when these events get firmed up.

Jason Twite

Freelancer
Did we just flash back to 2007? Jon Christensen is that you? Was this copied and pasted from a MTRS thread? If our archive had EZBoard threads in it I guarantee this would be the exact same garbage.

Pullin_and_Monsters

If this happens, I will wish you good luck. Thats a large portion of money to be paid out over ten events. You better have sponsors in for the long haul if you think your going to be able to drop 6 million and have TV coverage. I wish you the best of luck, but i don't see this being a successful venture, unless your bringing in a large number of fans with lots to spend in this down economy.

MonsterCED

I think it was a bad idea to post it on here. After all the failed attempts of the past the best thing you could and should have done is to get it done and then make your public announcement and link a post to it. IF teams know about this then they didn't need to see it here, and the fans here don't need to see it untill tickets go on sale.

I hope something does happen one day for this sport, but so far I question the integrity of the design as posted. For some reason ppl just like to keep reinventing the wheel.:rolleyes:

?we are close to launching?
?we have to get the sponsor signed?
?have just about got it done?
?official announcements at a future date?
Those are just a few things in the post that concerns me, and well we will have to just wait and see.

So far I see a flawed business plan from the git.

There will be a new organization to oversee safety and event running.
That is not a sign of clear leadership. Hired employees is one thing, but if this is a separate organization (under contract or not) your asking for problems from the start.

"It will be a series like no other before tried with real qualifying to make the event."
The idea of paying teams to show up regardless of your reasons is the wrong way to go. I understand you need to try and guarantee a field for you sponsors and TV but you can do this in other more legit looking ways then paying them to be there. One of the true thorns in the side of this sport now. If your series is set up right and the purse money is there they will show up at there own expense, if they don?t want to pay to try then they can watch it on TV.

100 trucks pre-registered and a 40 truck field set after qualifying.
Your joking right. Again if you have 100 pre-registered than there is no need to post it on here until it is a done deal and a verifiable public announcement has been made. A 40 truck field ??? perhaps your shooting a bit to high to start. If this is an attempt to fill a multi day event with track activity again there would be better ways to spent the money that would give the fans a better experience.

Why can't ppl crawl before the walk, walk before they run and run before they try to become an Olympic Sprinter!

look-out

unless it has rich schaefer attached to it, i wouldnt give much thought to a well organized series, much less a world-wide one. and if he did it, i wouldnt think he'd post about it here while still ironing out major details like a sponsor to pay for the whole thing.

you never know, but just from previous experience thats my thought

Don

I don't get this.
There are all these rules around here about bashing promotors and a mayham Adminstrator comes on here and starts making fun of a real promotor when eailer in a thread of mine that does not mention the promotors name and states a few facts gets pulled.

Bill even stated that putting the same issue on here last year helped get him paid with the promotor I was complaining about.

I agree it all seems pretty far fetched but it seems there are different rules for different fools around here.

Don

AndrewPellegrine

Photographer
2 pages in and I still don't know how much it's gonna cost me to ride the Bumble Bee ride truck at one of these extraordinary events.

Where would these 100 trucks quaifling shows be held? With that many trucks it would have to be a very big place and the rent for these places wouldnt be cheap.

rns0504

the only fool in this thread is jason right now...
sorry.... but yea, dons right
Eh, I'd have to side with Jason on this one. Promoter bashing is one thing. Don't think he is bashing, but rather stating the facts in a sarcastic way lol.

Steven

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
I don't get this.
There are all these rules around here about bashing promotors and a mayham Adminstrator comes on here and starts making fun of a real promotor when eailer in a thread of mine that does not mention the promotors name and states a few facts gets pulled.

Bill even stated that putting the same issue on here last year helped get him paid with the promotor I was complaining about.

I agree it all seems pretty far fetched but it seems there are different rules for different fools around here.

Don
I agree. Post has been removed.
Though the odds might be stacked against him based on other attempts I wish him the best of luck in pulling this off.