Would like more info on this event pic

carcrusher

i'd say that looks like either the metrodome or the silverdome, or possibly even texas stadium.

i'm guessing the event is from 1992. whether the bus is an obstacle or not is beyond me. i'd say no - most likely for a stunt or something.

who me

Gladiator

The Gladiator was Dave Rife's (Black Widow / American Bad ***) truck. It was the one before the super tall truck that was Black Widow from Michigan.

DiggerFan

...and don't see any cars so were they running an off road course? Was that bus as obstacle? Where the heck was it?
From other photos, I've seen, they did have car crush jumps at that show. On the Excaliber photo page, there are pictures of the truck jumping cars at the same event (http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/excali2.htm).

From the looks of it, the event may be from around 1990-1994, as that's when that Playn' For Keeps truck raced, I think.

bandit

hello to answer all the questions: the show is the molson supercross mid 90's truck were excalibur 3 (chucky) ,mongoose (watros),play'n for keeps(birgy) and gladiator (rife) I attended that show as well as many shows in the skydome. I gave dennis those pics from a friend of mine. I have been in the sport since the beginning so be on the lookout for more old school pics.
btw I was at the show the year that bigfoot & carolina crusher both flipped at the same time. Bandit

carcrusher

man, you know that we'd all love to see your old school pics - especially stuff from that '92 toronto show. the only video footage i have is on mt bloopers 2 and i'd love to see some still shots of digger 4 :)

goleafsgo

I'd soooo love to see any old school pictures from the dome..... sence I'v been going there sence '94 but only have pictures from 99-to present

Brandon Clark

Benchracer Extraordinaire
I would say its most likey 92 or 93, being Excaliber still had blue on the sides, birgy had a primer s-10 grille in his truck and mongoose still had the square ford body, i think he put on the more rounded one in 94.

bandit

I have pics from skydome monster jams 1990-2006/supercross different years/lindsay every year/my truck at shows with virginia giant and equalizer tank/budweiser national truck shows as well as many many more shows from 1986 to the present so in all do time they well be on taft's site soon.

goleafsgo

AWESOME! Don,make sure to let us know when you posted more...well atleast me :eek: ..lol cuse I deffenelty wanna see any older pictures...maybe jog my memory from when I was like 4....of the MT shows I went to back then...lol

hopefully...I'l get to meet you at MJ this year or Lindsay...w/e lol did you go to the edge show in Peterborough in June? .....that was a great show there.

bandit

yes I was in peterborough in june I also been to edge shows, chris arel shows over the years as well as others. From Quebec to barrie to bloomsburg 1992-1993/2000-2001. so I well let everybody know when dennis gets them. I am like richard scott a real old school monster truck fan and former owner just ask me about anything.

mac718

Just got of the phone with Birgy and he says it was the Skydome 1992 that was the only time Rife and Watros ran one anther in those trucks.

thanks Mike