Your Day Job

#75race

I thought it would be interesting for us to tell each other what we do for a day job, whether it be just something small-time to earn money with, or a life-long career. What do you guys think? As for me, I just have a small time job, (at least for now) in sales, at a kitchen-supply store.

Last edited:

R.R.I

I'm a full time diesel tech in Portland oregon i repair trucks from bumper to bumper engines, transmissions, rearends ect, i do that day in an out getting long haulers back on the road.

BaptismByFire

I am a full time student studying video production. I work for the school to pay for my tuition by making promotional and educational videos for the school.

Dave Collard

Full time Marketing Assistant at a Print Media Coating Company. I do everything from graphic design to planning and scheduling. Often I'm operating wide format printers and forklifts. I'm in charge of creating and distributing Sales Books / Sample Packs to dealers around the United States.

Check us out at www.sihlusa.com and www.arkwright.com !

#75race

Geez, way to 1-up me you guys, lol.:p Sounds to me that you guys got yourselves set up quite nicely.:cool: I need to get my butt in gear, haha.

tromoly

Spring / Fall: College student and Theatre lighting wizard.

Winter: Full-time lazy guy.

Summer: Full-time end loader / telehandler / equipment driver, victory lane Gatorade handler / displayer, bike rack mover, fabrication assistant, light tower setter-upper, parade truck fueler, Gator fixer, woodworker, tram expert, demo car picker-upper, the list goes on and on.......

KidKrazy86

Full time Security Guard at Budweiser. Not all its cracked up to be.

I want to get in at the local county prison as a CO.

car66

I (and my wife) work at the local Rhino Linings dealer, haul scrap, and do other misc. odd jobs for money.

Muddy

I build , and test drivers that store data for big businesses, for a well known computer company. Only a temp job, but I enjoy it.

monsterkarts

Sheet metal precision company during the day, designing and manufacturing mini-monster go-karts during off time, (hobby)

nome66

Until i decide to get an internship or something, for right now mine is school and loafing around at home. lol

look-out

Full time anesthesia tech (set up OR's, make sure all equipment for the anesthesia team is working, assist with procedures during surgery) while working towards becoming a nurse anesthetist, part time GM tech at a buick/gmc dealer. Starting to make a little money buying and reselling cars.

Last edited:

ClassicMT

I work in the Marketing Department at Coker Tire Company. It's more than just a tire store, if you're wondering. I'm the Project Editor, which basically boils down to writing and photography. I photograph products (tires, wheels, hot rod parts, etc.) as well as company events, tours, special guests, and cars with our tires on them. Our product photography is handled with a medium-format camera with a digital back, so that was definitely a learning experience.

My writing duties consist of product descriptions, press releases and magazine articles. I handle the Coker Tire and Honest Charley Speed Shop blogs, as well as their Facebook fan pages. I'm writing this on my lunch break, btw.

On the side, I work for several automotive magazine companies on a freelance basis. Magazines such as Hot Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy, Street Rodder use my work regularly, so I try to stay caught up with freelance work, and at least keep my foot in the door. The end goal is a full-time position at a magazine company. In addition to the magazine stuff, I am also writing a book about Sleepers...aka cars that are much faster than they appear. This has been a 9-month project, and I should be able to have it wrapped up in early January. It is being published by CarTech out of Minnesota and should be on sale in Summer of 2011.

chryco63

In addition to the magazine stuff, I am also writing a book about Sleepers...aka cars that are much faster than they appear. This has been a 9-month project, and I should be able to have it wrapped up in early January. It is being published by CarTech out of Minnesota and should be on sale in Summer of 2011.
Wow, really looking forward to that book!

I'm a pastor with an independent, bilingual church here in Montreal, www.vecoc.org