Your Day Job

Cutlass Revenge

work in the ticket operations dept for the Pittsburgh Pirates for the last 12 years and just completed a two year degree in electronics engineering so i'm looking to switch careers.

mturner2003

I work for Parker Hannifin as an Integration Engineer for the Corporate Technology Ventures research and development program. We get to play mad scientist with all sorts of cool up and coming technology.

tazfan17

I am a sophomore in HS and i play baseball year round since SC is hot year round so baseball is my job haha, but im trying to decide what college im going to play for right now so im a little stressed!

rns0504

Monster Jam Tech Official, Target Electronics Team Member and I buy/resell on ebay/craigslist. Full time Mechanical Engineering student.

tromoly

Monster Jam Tech Official, Target Electronics Team Member and I buy/resell on ebay/craigslist. Full time Mechanical Engineering student.
How can you pull that off? I had to turn down tech school because of Mechanical Engineering, and I'm only at 14 hours.

Tim Dudley

Mine is not so much day job more Night job on weekends only. LOL

[video=youtube;jdfZi_yRzHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdfZi_yRzHc[/video]

Cutlass Revenge

I am a sophomore in HS and i play baseball year round since SC is hot year round so baseball is my job haha, but im trying to decide what college im going to play for right now so im a little stressed!
ur only a soph...enjoy high school and dont get hung up so much about playing baseball in college.. if it happens it happens. played in college myself...it sucked the fun right out of the game for me. now i work in MLB..its so much of a business today..its not even about the sport anymore. my uncle played pro ball for 12 years in a different era and it was much more about the game than it is now. im not trying to discourage you but dont stress (especailly as a soph) over where you will go to school to play ball...worry about what place is going to give you the best education. if baseball can get you a free ride you owe it to urself to hone your skill at it. Dont put all ur eggs in one basket. Injuries happen so prepare for life aside from baseball and also know that EVERYONE was great in high school...College ball can discourage you really fast if you are used to being great. But if its ur dream to try and make it...then do it! Good luck! :)

Mrgrimmonster

work at Compititon Cams in Memphis im the camshafts last stop before shipping i make sure that they are Quality controled (Q.C'ed) scan the order form and send the to shippng some times ill stamp the cam with the info

TN_Outllaw

I can finally post in one of these!

yeah.....
as of yesterday, I've been there for 2 weeks and I'm doing pretty well. Plus a lot of the people like me, and not just because I'm the tallest person there. Not to mention I've got compliments on my performance from some of the crew as well as a couple of the managers. aaaand I'm working alongside one of my high school crushes...

Tim Dudley

Well not sure if you call my job a day job. I work just weekends. God has bless me with meeting some great people and travel all over the US and Canada with my Tribute to Elvis Presley ....

Mastertaco

hey look i can finally post in this thread..(lol) but yea i work as a Horticulture professional(in other words a Medical marijuana grower/trimmer),I sometimes help take care of a ommp farm that takes care of over 100 patients.

Last edited:

Rockracin

I work at a open pit coal mine in wyoming driving the big tonka trucks you see on discovery channel that are the size of a house. These trucks make monster trucks look small lol. I get to drive the tonka trucks in a giant sandbox the same thing all little boys dreamed of when they played in there sand boxes when they were young. I also operate other pieces of large euipment at the coal mine.

Joepotato

I'm in high school, working on both my diploma and an Associate's Degree courtesy of the school's early college program. So, really, I'm unemployed.

For the future, I'm kind of thinking something similar to what Tazfan17 was talking about; my big, huge, pie-in-the-sky dream is to become an NBA player, because I play basketball all the time and would love to play for a living. My backup plan is something in the Engineering field and hopefully being able to live my other dream of getting into the monster truck industry.

MonsterMetalhead

I'm a machinist at National Technologies in Wisconsin full time and I'm also pursuing my Associates Degree in criminal justice with hopes of entering the academy to become certifiable as a police officer. I also do clean vocals and lead guitar in a metal band. We're trying to find a drummer and someone to do "harsh" vocals and then we'll be set and hopefully playing some shows by at least this summer.

Though doubtful, hopefully one day I can find a way to get my own truck or something but you never know I guess. I'm good with tools but have no real mechanical knowledge so that'd be kinda tough I suppose.

Marvin

I own lil' bit corny popcorn shop and we make over 100 different flavors of popcorn.
we also sell bbq ,hotdogs at fairs and farmer market. also do fundraisers .
like us on facebook and have a chance to win in our give aways.
we ship anywhere.

Ridge Runner

Certified Medical Assistant at Naval Station Mayport's Branch Medical Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. I greet patients when they arrive, obtain/log vital signs, assist the doctor in procedures and various admin duties as needed.

Last edited: