Your next five to go into the HOF

Kouvre

My reply I posted somewhere on Facebook:

(Strictly drivers, builders and owners, since that seems to be the committee's focus right now:)

Dennis Anderson
Jon Breen
Gary Cook
Jim Kramer
Rod Litzau

Others I'd like to see:
Andy Brass
Kirk Dabney
Seth Doulton
Paul "Pablo" Huffaker
Dave Marquart (RIP)
Dan Patrick
Gary Porter
Scott Stephens
Mike Vaters
Mike Welch

hogwah

Paul,
I'm confused with your comment it would be up to Feld to have Dennis in HOF,,,,,,,,The Yankees had nothing to do with Mickey Mantle going to HOF,,,,I understand Feld owns Digger Name, but do they own Dennis too???

carcrusher

I'm not sure as to why Dennis would need Feld's (or, more realistically, Mancuso's) permission to attend an event. He owns his own motorsports park - he takes King Sling to other events as well. He still has a personal life, so where's the problem? Now, I could see where it'd be more difficult to make the "induction video" for Grave Digger, but I still think you could get around it because Victory Films, Diamond P and other companies have sold videos containing Grave Digger since the '98 buyout and if it's their footage, they have the right to produce that. Maybe call up the Linebergers up and see if they would let the committee use their Digger footage since they have legal ownership of it? Who knows.

Anyway, back on topic - I think Dennis deserves to be there, and I agree with the previous statement that Jeff and the committee have done a great job with keeping politics out of the equation and keeping a level playing field.

With that said, here's my 5 picks:

Jim Kramer
Rod Litzau
Bob George
Dennis Anderson
Seth Doulton

CMDeerfoot

My list is as follows but is in no particular order;except for the first one hehehe :p.

Bennett Clark
Andy Brass
Dennis Anderson
Jim Kramer
Rod Litzau

My next five in looks like this.

Jesse Birgy
John Moore
GaryPorter
Mike Wine
Gary Wiggins

T-Rex

I just think it should be from front to back! You wouldnt have put in Michael Jordan before Larry Bird, would you? Eventually the'll all be inducted, but let the forefathers in first!!!

G-MAN

I agree with Deerfoot, Bennett clark has performed for 35 years, he told me, He should definetly be a consideration.

Paul curtis

I both agree and disagree with Chad. I think you have to look at accomplishment over seniority. Let's take for example... if I had to make a choice between inducting Don Maples or Dan Patrick into a HOF class, by your method, even tho Dan Patrick has been absolutely instrumental in the development of Monster Truck technology, dating back to the late 80s, your methodology would put in Mr. Maples in first simply because he came before Dan Patrick.
The early HOF classes HAVE TO BE the absolute Cream of the cream of the crop. Also, and this is going to gall a few people, but just because someone had a semi-popular truck back in the day doesn't mean they should be an instant Hall of Famer, or that they should be in it at all. Its the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of Very Good.
Things that IMO should be looked at are innovation, impact, talent, on track performance, and then popularity. Also, for promoters, their reputation.

CMDeerfoot

I totally agree with you Paul;I mainly put Bennett first because he's my all time favorite driver. The big issue I have is not knowing a lot about or knowing of the forefathers of the mt industry;
owners,promoters,and drivers included. For example,I know about Bob Chandler,Everett Jasmer,Jack Willman Sr,and Fred Shafer but knew nothing about guys like Dan Degrasso and Mike Welch until just a few years back;and I knew absolutely nothing about the promoters until a year or so ago. A lot of the things that built the foundation for this sport and it's golden age happened before I was born and I'm still trying to learn about this sport more and more everyday. To be honest,my list was made up mostly of the drivers I liked and rooted for growing up but ones that I felt did contribute a great deal to the early days of this sport. I will continue to ask questions and learn everything I can about the history of this sport because it's my passion and knowing it's history is something really important to me. I want to do my part to help pereserve the history of this industry so that newer fans who are curious about said history can learn about where this sport came from.

Paul curtis

I was actually referring to Chad Mathisons post about inducting people via at what point they were in the industry. It just doesnt work when you really try to come up with a hall of fame. there are alot of people who are on that cusp, but dont deserve to go in ahead of the Patrick's and the Huffaker's and the others who have pretty much Single-handedly raised the bar in the industry

KidKrazy86

Kid
I noticed you didn't like my post about Dennis going to HOF,,,,,was wonsdering why? You don't agree he is great with the fans and been around for 30 years and deserving?? Or is it you just don't like him,,,,Who would you suggest as fallen heros as you put it??
I have really never been a fan of Dennis.

As far as what I mean by fallen hero's I mean guys we've lost over the years like Mart Williams, Steve Wilke, Brian Shell, George Eisenhardt(SP?). I know there are lots more names. Even if its a section of the Museum should go to these guys.

hogwah

Kid,,,,Thats what I thought,,,,I was thinking you were anti Dennis,,,,but everyone is entitled to their opinions,,,,I see what you mean by Fallen heros now,,,I agrre with you,,,there are many that helped buildd Monsters to what it is today,,,,,,,

MrMonsterTrucks

1) Bob George-Founder of USHRA
2) Dan Patrick-Samson and builder of 1st tube chassis
3) Jim Kramer-Several versions of Bigfoot
4) Gary Porter-Carolina Crusher
5) Mike Welch-Monster Mash and Super Pete

Kouvre

others who have pretty much Single-handedly raised the bar in the industry
That's exactly why I listed people like Jon Breen, Gary Cook, Seth Doulton, and Scott Stephens. In addition to being around in the early days, Jon Breen also built the very first race-oriented monster truck in Mad Dog III. Gary Cook took that one step further in 1988 when he built Equalizer and proved that leaf springs were NOT the future of monster truck racing. In addition to the countless magnificent trucks he built and maintained, IIRC Seth Doulton promoted the very first actual monster truck racing event in 1984. And Scott Stephens was one of the first besides Bob Chandler to run a multiple truck operation without emphasizing quantity over quality (aka why I didn't list Cliff Starbird) and was instrumental in the evolution of truck design.

72ZEBRA

I was actually referring to Chad Mathisons post about inducting people via at what point they were in the industry. It just doesnt work when you really try to come up with a hall of fame. there are alot of people who are on that cusp, but dont deserve to go in ahead of the Patrick's and the Huffaker's and the others who have pretty much Single-handedly raised the bar in the industry
Obviously you didnt pay attention to Chads analogy of Larry Bird before Micheal Jordon. He didnt say Jamaal Wilkes before Micheal Jordon. He is talking about the cream of the crop of the originators. Im sure if you just took the biggest first that Dennis would have been on the first induction list.

If Dennis is selected for this years induction I think Feld/Monster Jam would be more than cooperative with MTHOF. Im no Feld fan but I dont think its that bad LOL.

My list,and I am pretty conflicted on a few that I think should also be in.

Mike Welch
Seth Doulton
Jim Kramer
Jon Breen
Jessie Birgy
OR!!! Jack Koberna or Diehl Wilson or Kirk Dabney or Dennis Anderson or Gary Porter or Cliff Starbird (man this is hard!!)

Last edited:

Kouvre

Honest question, because perhaps I'm unfamiliar with his accomplishments, but why does Jesse Birgy (RIP) keep popping up in some people's lists?

G-MAN

Honest question, Why does'nt Bennett Clark not come up in every list or conversation? 35 years come on!