Your next five to go into the HOF

BiteMeStudios

My name is Russ Gearhart are you referring to me as some guy who stumbled upon some thing in his backyard that worked.If you are talking about me than call me buy my name.
No sir, Russ. I know who you are, I know your story and I know of your truck. I know that Bob Chandler acknowledges you as the first guy who he saw on military axles.You run a rather successful engineering company that has been a sponsor of the museum for the last two years, so I think its obvious you didn't stumble upon anything in your backyard. I have no issue with calling anyone by name if I feel they need to be called out. You, sir, do not need to be called out for anything.

EDIT: Russ, I went back over my posts, just to see if I felt like there was room for confusion. I could see where you might have thought I was "naming you without naming you". So, out of respect and common decency that this thread has lacked at times, I feel I should explain. The example I used was meant to encompass the feelings of a very small subset (Steve Hurt being the most vocal here, but there are a couple others) who are big fans of the unknown (for lack of a better term) or small guys who brought something to the table. I am a big fan of them, too, and feel that they do deserve recognition. That being said (and this is the part of my opinion that absolutely does include yourself, so as to avoid any confusion), I feel like more is required in order to be inducted into a Hall of Fame. My opinion is that a high level of competitive success in monster truck events (be it from the driver's, promoter's or any other facet) is also required. This is, as I mentioned in my posts, a competitive sport. This is nothing personal against you, (I don't believe we have had the chance to meet officially, as we have both been very busy during the HOF ceremonies) nor is it meant to downplay the importance of you placing military axles under your truck so early. There are probably a hundred people who contributed something to what we now know as "a monster truck". I mentioned Mr. Jasmer with his driveline brakes. Those are almost universal. Mr. Chandler with his rear steering. That is universal. Same with your military axles. Dave and Mike with Excaliber's suspension. Etc. etc. etc.

I hope this clears up any confusion. I would not, nor have I ever, come to this board to insult anyone. I am willing to lay it out there as my opinion dictates in a respectful manner, and I feel I have done so here. However, when someone such as yourself is confused by anything I say, I am more than willing to elaborate, as I always have been.

Last edited:

adamsoffroad

Not taking anything away fron Dan but what major race or event did Degrasso win or shine upon? I've stayed off this thread because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings as to what they're OPINIONs are I support the HOF but have been very disappointed in how some of it has been done when you compare it to the way other HOF's are setup with inductee's. I'm not saying I know the right way it should be done but I think the ones in charge should be more open to the ideas of us, the ones that if we weren't concerned there wouldn't be a point to even have a HOF because noone would care to support it.

Last edited:

BiteMeStudios

Not taking anything away fron Dan but what major race or event did Degrasso win or shine upon? I've stayed off this thread because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings as to what they're OPINIONs are I support the HOF but have been very disappointed in how some of it has been done when you compare it to the way other HOF's are setup with inductee's. I'm not saying I know the right way it should be done but I think the ones in charge should be more open to the ideas of us, the ones that if we weren't concerned there wouldn't be a point to even have a HOF because noone would care to support it.
Adam, I can't argue with your statement at all. I don't think, by saying that, anyone would or should have any hurt feelings. It is a very valid point. I can only speak for myself in saying I appreciate hearing everyone's opinions. Steve and I have had great discussions here about topics just like this. I had heard some rumblings of a "fan vote" similar to what NASCAR does, where the fans as a collective get a single vote. Don't know if that was even considered, or if it were just rumor, but I feel it would be a great idea. (EDIT: We here are such a small minority of those who actually attend, however, and we all need to keep that in mind.)

I just don't agree with some of the "seek and destroy" stuff going down. THAT is where folks get feelings hurt, because that is the aim.